let this thread die (NYK)

Am I the only one that saw Balkman in those vids? He got hired to be the team's official carrier and supplier now?

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

All I hope for is that there will be more plays called for our shooters to get open instead of giving it to Melo every time down the floor. Running ISOs for him on the baseline just stops the ball, making the offense stagnant. Heat have the best half court defense in the league.
What do you care? Lin aint playin.
grin.gif
Ball movement/swinging the ball + team ball > watching one player running isos + jacking 25 shots the whole game.  Not blaming it on Melo, but that won't get you far in the playoffs.

Obviously having a capable PG will fix this issue, that's why Lin is vital to this team.  I ain't a coach, but from what I've seen, I feel like Knicks should push the tempo and try to get open shots before Miami's defense sets up in the half court, ala 7 seconds or less/D'antoni offense.  Only chance we have to beat them. 

Originally Posted by throwback1718

All I hope for is that there will be more plays called for our shooters to get open instead of giving it to Melo every time down the floor. Running ISOs for him on the baseline just stops the ball, making the offense stagnant. Heat have the best half court defense in the league.
What do you care? Lin aint playin.
grin.gif
Ball movement/swinging the ball + team ball > watching one player running isos + jacking 25 shots the whole game.  Not blaming it on Melo, but that won't get you far in the playoffs.

Obviously having a capable PG will fix this issue, that's why Lin is vital to this team.  I ain't a coach, but from what I've seen, I feel like Knicks should push the tempo and try to get open shots before Miami's defense sets up in the half court, ala 7 seconds or less/D'antoni offense.  Only chance we have to beat them. 
you honestly think your gonna be able to outscore Miami by directly running at them?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dont think Woodson likes Zone. I dont know if I remember him doing much of it in ATL. But then again, they had a little more time off between this game. And Tyson seems to have a loud voice as far as what goes on on defense. Hopefully he said something about thats how Dallas stopped them and they have been working on these past 2 days.

The other thing is that Jeffries is going to be playing a lot of Amare's minutes, so we wont have as many guys getting open from cuts just because Amare lost them. So maybe man could work now. But I would like to see a couple zone sets to see if maybe we can slow Miami down a little bit.

But I dont expect Battier to keep up what he has been doing on offense either. Role players arent usually as good on the rd. Plus he hasnt played like that all season. I see him coming back down to earth offensively for the rest of the series.

I only bring up zone (again) because the Mavs adjusted and played zone defense vs Miami with Tyson back there, and the were very successful.

wait, wait...Renaldo Balkman is practicing with the team? what the devil?? 
laugh.gif
 next clip, am i going to see Bill Walker too? 
Popcorn-13-Bill-Walker.gif

Kevin-Garnett_Walker_Fight.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

wait, wait...Renaldo Balkman is practicing with the team? what the devil?? 
laugh.gif
 next clip, am i going to see Bill Walker too? 
Popcorn-13-Bill-Walker.gif

Kevin-Garnett_Walker_Fight.gif

Nah that one clip of Chandler was old footage!

i was listening to benigno and roberts today and he was saying that a unnamed source came out and said that one of the reasons for stats bad play the past year and a half and the possible reason for the tantrum was because he loves how the heat play and he is still bitter at wade because he didn't recruit him to join the heat and chose bosh.

i hate unnamed sources because they could just be making stuff up but stats first choice was the heat.

The biggest problem with the Knicks is that they are soft as hell..I mean charmin soft..Heat strut up n down the court like the Knicks aren't even an NBA team. I watch the playoffs and I see Rondo chest bumping refs out of anger, Perkins and Dirk going at it, Blake getting flagrant fouled when he tries to posterize someone, CP3 throwing subtle jabs at dudes when they try to set screens on him, Boozer's b---- a-- throwing an elbow in the chest of Evan Turner, and a bunch of other things I've witnessed in the playoffs.

But besides that "strong screen" that Tyson threw at Queen James, the Knicks have sent ZERO message of "If you come in the lane every possession, you're gonna regret it" What happened to "No easy layups in the playoffs?" I'm not saying knock these dudes in the face, but if Wade is coming in the lane like he's 9 feet tall, you gotta throw in a dude like Jorts and have him throw an elbow into Wade's chest or something. What's the worst that can happen? A role player that gets 4 min a game gets ejected? If that goes down in MSG, the crowd would go nuts that someone finally showed passion and it might spark the intensity of the team.

Originally Posted by DubA169

You know what makes the offense stagnant? Everyone standing around scratching their *%@

Melo finds cutters. I've seen it plenty of times. The effort on this team is questionable

This

I think the refs dictating the fouls in Game 1 sorta threw the team out their element as far as aggression. Like it was to the point where they couldn't even breathe without fouls being called on them.

That said, I think the team will win tomorrow and make the game on Sunday competitive. I think they're thrive on being scrappy.

Kenny Smith said something last night to the effect of a teams flaws being magnified in the playoffs cuz the pace is slower....I totally agree. I just wished that Amare would cut and that Baron wouldn't be so Jekyll and Hyde.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i was listening to benigno and roberts today and he was saying that a unnamed source came out and said that one of the reasons for stats bad play the past year and a half and the possible reason for the tantrum was because he loves how the heat play and he is still bitter at wade because he didn't recruit him to join the heat and chose bosh.

i hate unnamed sources because they could just be making stuff up but stats first choice was the heat.
wouldn't that motivate him to beast on the heat tho??

Maybe Amar'e saw his reflection in the fire extinguisher case and realized how stupid his braids look so he punched the glass out of anger towards his barber

image.jpg
[h4]AARON HARRIS/AP[/h4][h4][/h4]
Vince Carter (r.) and the Raptors begin the Knicks playoff torture back on May 2, 2001. Latrell Sprewell can't stop 'Vinsanity' here.

image.jpg
[h4]COREY SIPKIN/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS[/h4]
[h4][/h4]
Kenyon Martin (l.) has plenty to say to Kurt Thomas, who can't argue.

image.jpg
[h4]DAILY NEWS[/h4]

The New York Knicks have not won a playoff game in quite some time."

In fact, it's been over 11 years - and 12 games - since their last postseason victory.

Here is a brief look at the losing streak:

1. May 2, 2001
Raptors 100, Knicks 93
With Knicks looking to win first-round series in Game 4, they have no answer for Vince Carter, who scores 32 points in Toronto.

2. May 4, 2001
Raptors 93, Knicks 89
Long before Linsanity hits Garden, Vin-sanity leaves its mark, as Carter eliminates Knicks with 27 points in 93-89 Game 5 win.

3. April 17, 2004
Nets 107, Knicks 83
Stephon Marbury leads the Knicks into his old New Jersey stomping grounds and gets stomped. Knicks’ leading scorer that night is Penny Hardaway with 18 points.

4. April 20, 2004
Nets 99, Knicks 81
Kenyon Martin, who would later be called out by Tim Thomas as being a “fugazy,

Back
Top Bottom