let this thread die (NYK)

Double post...
But i'd rather play the Bulls. They'd smack us on the boards and hustle plays though. 

Woodson's ability to strategize would also be tested heavily vs Thibs ability to get the most out of what is an offensively challenged team on paper.

I still don't trust Miami in the  half court. But Melo at the 4 could open up the floor for the other guys...Shump would have his hands full with Wade and you know the Knicks already get phantom fouls called against them...Not to mention that Landry would get abused by Bron unless Melo guards him for the majority of the game.

Didnt catch the game. But .. Dat Dub
pimp.gif

Baron still hasn't recovered not only physically but mentally from that injury. Every time he drives to the rim he tries to force a pass when he gets into the paint even when he has a open shot available. He's scared of contact. He's never going to be Golden State B-Diddy again but a (mostly) healthy Baron would still be worth keeping.

MrONegative wrote:
I think...

Cons of playing Miami (besides the refs):

-the game Cole closes for them

Pros of playing Miami:

-Melo at the 4 would cause them fits

Pros of playing Chicago:

-what are the odds the injuries are suddenly over?

-Shump Shump

They could both crush us in 4 or 5, and there for damn sure ain't a real answer.
At the end of the day, I'd rather play D.Rose (maybe hurt) than Bron and Wade.

Miami
I honestly wouldn't worry about Cole closing out a game if I were you.
laugh.gif

The odds that he'll be in after the 6min mark in the 4th qter are about the same as #7 & Stat being able to find a way to successfully mesh out on the court, not dissing just simply the truth. If for some odd reason he is in the game at that time... That becomes an immediate PRO for you guys.

#7 at the 4 wouldn't bother them nearly as much as you've seen it against other teams because they ROUTINELY run Bron at the 4, and with personnel y'all place at the 1-3 Mia wouldn't have much of a problem guarding that line up.  The ({}) & Chalmers would guard JR & Shumpert doesn't really matter who guards which honestly, and Battier would guard Landry or Novak.  The Advantage Y'all have that you didn't mention is Tyson at the 5.  He's going to win his match up against Turiaf or Anthony

Chicago

I honestly don't think we're healthy or will be, but at this point in the game who is?  But I agree this is a positive for you guys, more so because of the limited time the team has had to gel with each other.

Are you referring to the defense he played against Pooh the last game? He had a great game defensively, but they allowed him to bump & push a lot at MSG.  He wasn't nearly as effective in Chicago or Mil when they were less lenient with how much contact they allowed. Not to mention Pooh torched him the 1st match up, his impact will be determined by just how physical they allow him to be and how much rust can Pooh knock off his handle/ball security between now and then. 

Ya'll might be better off playing Miami.

Heat fans on the radio are about to jump off a cliff.
roll.gif
roll.gif

If Rose is not right or not 100% for the first round, then easily I'd rather play Chicago.

If he is ready (big IF, IMO), then obviously different story.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by rashi

Ya'll might be better off playing Miami.

Heat fans on the radio are about to jump off a cliff.
roll.gif
roll.gif

whats been said?

- Bosh is a defensive liability, 50 year old KG murdered him. Hasn't had a double-double since like mid Feb.
- No confidence in LeBron showing up in the playoffs
- No PG
- After Rip had a good game against the Knicks, we can't stick LeBron on Rose again
- Very weak bench
- No confidence in Spoelstra, terrible rotations
- Wade is on the decline. He'll score 30 one game, but look like he went through NAVY SEAL training. He starting to get injured more often. People have him figure out, "we all know Wade had that run in 2006 because they were doubling Shaq". He's starting to be a baby, throws himself on the floor and cries, on top of it he wastes energy doing so
- Offense is stagnant in the half-court
- Trade Bosh
- Where's Eddy Curry?!
- Where's Jermaine Jones?!

The hosts are clowns. Mostly "company guys" and try to "play down" things because they don't want to piss off Riley.

I honestly don't know how the Knicks would do against the Heat. Personally, Chandler would be the difference maker. Melo always kills LeBron head-to-head.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

MrONegative wrote:
I think...

Cons of playing Miami (besides the refs):

-the game Cole closes for them

Pros of playing Miami:

-Melo at the 4 would cause them fits

Pros of playing Chicago:

-what are the odds the injuries are suddenly over?

-Shump Shump

They could both crush us in 4 or 5, and there for damn sure ain't a real answer.
At the end of the day, I'd rather play D.Rose (maybe hurt) than Bron and Wade.

Miami
I honestly wouldn't worry about Cole closing out a game if I were you.
laugh.gif

The odds that he'll be in after the 6min mark in the 4th qter are about the same as #7 & Stat being able to find a way to successfully mesh out on the court, not dissing just simply the truth. If for some odd reason he is in the game at that time... That becomes an immediate PRO for you guys.

#7 at the 4 wouldn't bother them nearly as much as you've seen it against other teams because they ROUTINELY run Bron at the 4, and with personnel y'all place at the 1-3 Mia wouldn't have much of a problem guarding that line up.  The ({}) & Chalmers would guard JR & Shumpert doesn't really matter who guards which honestly, and Battier would guard Landry or Novak.  The Advantage Y'all have that you didn't mention is Tyson at the 5.  He's going to win his match up against Turiaf or Anthony

Chicago

I honestly don't think we're healthy or will be, but at this point in the game who is?  But I agree this is a positive for you guys, more so because of the limited time the team has had to gel with each other.

Are you referring to the defense he played against Pooh the last game? He had a great game defensively, but they allowed him to bump & push a lot at MSG.  He wasn't nearly as effective in Chicago or Mil when they were less lenient with how much contact they allowed. Not to mention Pooh torched him the 1st match up, his impact will be determined by just how physical they allow him to be and how much rust can Pooh knock off his handle/ball security between now and then. 

That Cole kid reminds me of 2010 Naterob, where there'll be a game or 2 in the playoffs that he's locked in and'll bring it home for them.

Don't know how I left Tyson off there. He keeps them honest, none of that Bosh at the 5 or Bosh thinking he's a post player. It's just a shame he doesn't have a point guard to help him exploit them in the paint. Let him feast on Bosh and Turiaf. And I want Battier out there. The Heat are too in love with doubling and with Bron at the 4 chasing Melo, that's gotta open the lanes up some. I think...who knows? With the guard play I saw last night, the Heat are gonna eat us alive.
laugh.gif

And with Shump, I don't expect him to do the 1st half of Rose's comeback again, but he does as well as almost anyone against him 1 on 1. And offensively, he's really come on. It changes the game completely when he's knocking down shots, but yeah he can't help it if the whistles keep him out of the game or at least out of his game. It's yall so I'd expect him to have 3 fouls by the first commercial break or any game in Chicago.

I still don't know who I'd wanna face, but I'm positive the one we didn't get was the better option.

I just wanna get in.

Realistically we won't do anything. Missing a starting pg and a starting pf? Come on

Next year I wanna see how we do with woody and practice.

Our only true way of advancing out the first round was to win the division. Not gonna happen and Boston will end up catching the pacers for the third spot. So even if we get the sixth seed we aren't beating the celtics heat or bulls. Not with bd and td running the point.

miami would be the easier matchup. i can see tyson controlling that paint like he did in the finals. melo plays well v. lebron. the heat are great defensively but they arent rugged like the bulls. dougsanity in the playoffs? whats up with amare, they hiding it from the public?

Having Amare back is much better than missing out on Lin. We have replacements for Lin, but to have Amare out on the floor floating around the perimeter is far more advantageous for us. The opposing teams defense can't trap and play as tight in the paint. Even though Amare's shooting percentage has dropped this year, you still have to respect his jump shot.

Plus, we've been getting KILLED on the boards since he left. I know Amare isn't a great rebounder, but he has shown more effort on that end since Woodson came on board.

Back
Top Bottom