let this thread die (NYK)

Rose coming back is going to hurt their chemistry i woukd much rather play chi

We gonna get wrecked on the boards tho

GREAT win, I can't stand playing Milwaukee.

All props to the team for sticking together after giving up that big lead, along with falling behind by 8 in the 4th.

So melo shot 50 percent and got 32 points against a team that played very physical on him

Impressive. Wonder if he can sustain it with amare back. Just gonna enjoy for

Knicks kept blowing leads when the starters were out (Tyson and Melo), and things always settled down when they returned.

We are in desperate need of a second scoring option. All this herky jerky dribble in the lane and pull up for a shot that JR/Shump/Landry doing isn't going to cut it. At least JR can hit contested shots every now and again but JR and Shump have all the tools to get to the rim and they settle for jumpers or weak layups. Its mad frustrating. Baron and Bibby are even worse. They don't even bother to take the shot when they get to the front of the rim. Lin would get to the rim, take the contact and get the shot up. Shump is way more athletic than Lin yet he isn't playing for the contact. He's young though so hopefully he'll learn.

As for the playoffs, if we make it it will be nice but I honestly don't think we win unless we get Amare or Lin back. Our offense is not sustainable. If Melo has an off night we're going to get crushed.

One of the most unevenly reffed games I've ever seen in my life.

Good win, the guys showed tremendous resilience....JR fouled Dunleavy on the same play, he needs to smarten up.

well novak shut me up with his decent game 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

So does that give us the tiebreaker?Making it technically 3 games up? Or does that just split the season series right now?

The season series is split right now. But if we were to tie with the Bucks, I think we'd win the tie breaker based off strength of schedule
Edit: If we did tie, the winner would be determined by conference record. We're winning the conference record right now. 

streethoopkilla wrote:
LosALMIGHTY wrote:
streethoopkilla wrote:
what do you guys think is really gonna happen in the 1st round of the playoffs if NY gets a 1 seed?

a 1 seed as in home court? possible go to round 2

as in play a 1 seed

I think...

Cons of playing Miami (besides the refs):
-we don't really have a point guard and they'll show us what that means
-the blitz of their defense
-their transition game
-the best player (for the first 45 min) in the league
-if the real D.Wade shows up
-the game Bosh goes off
-the game Cole closes for them

Pros of playing Miami:
-every game is probably a home game
-Melo at the 4 would cause them fits
-they don't know who they are either
-they get shook and we have MSG
-their halfcourt game
-they're bound to help us win 1 game
-the games Bosh does nothing
-someone convinced them Battier could still play
-Cole is very untrustworthy

Cons of playing Chicago (besides the refs):
-Taj Gibson, seriously
-Rip: we have no one who can chase people under screens..
-Thibs and their bench intensity
-their bigs are very good passers
-offensive rebounding
-just their length at damn near every position

Pros of playing Chicago:
-what are the odds the injuries are suddenly over?
-Carlos Boozer
-Rip...is bound to brick a game away
-it's still D.Rose ball or die trying in winning time
-Shump Shump

They could both crush us in 4 or 5, and there for damn sure ain't a real answer.
At the end of the day, I'd rather play D.Rose (maybe hurt) than Bron and Wade.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

So does that give us the tiebreaker?Making it technically 3 games up? Or does that just split the season series right now?

The season series is split right now. But if we were to tie with the Bucks, I think we'd win the tie breaker based off strength of schedule
Edit: If we did tie, the winner would be determined by conference record. We're winning the conference record right now. 
Thanks. Didnt have time to check it before I went to take a shower. 

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I need Shump to learn to go to the rim with reckless abandon. He has the athleticism of a Westbrook or Rose but he shys away at the rim. He should be shooting FTs if not making the shots.
That'll come in season 2. 
Shump is already better than Landry.

Back
Top Bottom