let this thread die (NYK)

If this team decides to try and get SVG. RIP to what there building, Expect Rex Ryan like antics w/o Rex Ryan talent. Stan is a media !!%%$ in ORL imagine what it will look like in the NYC media circus

My thing with Breen is he seems to try to throw shots on the low at dudes that don't exactly "do things the way they should be done".

It's obvious that he feels a way about Melo playing better under Woodson as oppose to D'Antoni. Almost every game he's bringing up the Melo quote where he said he wasn't playing as hard as he could have in the beginning of the year.

He's also thirsty to give credit to D'Antoni when things are going well on offense for us, by reminding us it's still kind of D'Antoni's offense...

makes sure to point out that the defense was steadily improving with D'Antoni as well. Although I agree that the D wasn't bad with Pringles.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

My thing with Breen is he seems to try to throw shots on the low at dudes that don't exactly "do things the way they should be done".

It's obvious that he feels a way about Melo playing better under Woodson as oppose to D'Antoni. Almost every game he's bringing up the Melo quote where he said he wasn't playing as hard as he could have in the beginning of the year.

He's also thirsty to give credit to D'Antoni when things are going well on offense for us, by reminding us it's still kind of D'Antoni's offense...

makes sure to point out that the defense was steadily improving with D'Antoni as well. Although I agree that the D wasn't bad with Pringles.
All of this...
And its always " Wiiiilllld shot" on every shot attempt.....until it goes in.

Everything is a wild shot or wild pass to him. He's got that Fordham frat boy dbag swag about him.

Always running down peoples rap sheets like a probation officer.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

great game knick fans

we missed 4 free throws at the end but hey, no excuses

dude shumpert
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

he's going to wind up being the 2nd best player from this draft class

future all star right there

i wonder where the draft "experts" are who were bashing the pick at. not saying i knew he was going to be this good, but ppl got to let these guys play before judging them
I wasn't happy when we drafted him. I wanted Marshon Brooks
laugh.gif

I think we should rehire Woodson. I like how the team has responded to him in a short period of time. We have to start setting up Novak with open looks those threes will come in handy down the stretch. I like jr versatility but he's way to trigger happy out there and shouldn't take more than 12 shots per game.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

great game knick fans

we missed 4 free throws at the end but hey, no excuses

dude shumpert
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

he's going to wind up being the 2nd best player from this draft class

future all star right there

i wonder where the draft "experts" are who were bashing the pick at. not saying i knew he was going to be this good, but ppl got to let these guys play before judging them
I wasn't happy when we drafted him. I wanted Marshon Brooks
laugh.gif

brooks is nice, but he is 1 dimensional. shumpert can almost do it all. he needs to develop that jumper and needs to act more mature. either that or he needs to stop hanging out with jr smith.

shumpert will be the best player on the knicks within 3 years, unless isiah thomas is GM again and trades him away
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

People still hating on Breen?

A. Who cares?
and B. I heard him get excited plenty about the Knicks.. he gave a loud and energetic call on both Melo shots.. then he and JVG didn't say anything to let the noise of the crowd be heard.

I'm far more concerned with watching the game than worrying about if the play by play guy is criticizing the team.
This.

Breen is a damn good and objective play by play announcer. I like that he is not a homer at all. People need to seperate his job working as an announcer for MSG and when he does national telecasts for ESPN/ABC....two totally different perspectives when doing play by play. My only knock on Breen is that he loves the refs to much but when it comes to judging the team I think he is pretty fair. Having a play by play announcer or analyst who is a homer is lame IMO.

Anyway, yesterday the energy was crazy at the Garden. Great win and as a fan it probably was the most satisfying win of the year.

havent been reading this thread the past couple days... but, i met Clyde at his restaurant on saturday!!
pimp.gif
grin.gif
 and witnessed the hype of the Garden again on sunday. dope game! but too bad i never witnessed Novakaine live...
tired.gif

ill catch up on the reading soontime tho.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Anyone have a gif of that Novak miss?
iba8evVRG4yxLP.gif

Oh yea...and you're 100% right man.  His "Iso-Ball" got them 8 50-win seasons...and people always choose to conveniently ignore the fact that the majority of those first round losses were against eventual NBA Conference Finals/Finals participants
laugh.gif
.  For example...those same Spurs that Melo led to a game 1 victory are the same Spurs that Lebron's Cavs got swept by in the Finals.  But the Nuggets don't win so Melo's not a winner 
grin.gif

Good point

I never looked into it, but now that I think about it the Nuggets have lost in the first round to the eventual Western conference champs.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

I think we should rehire Woodson. I like how the team has responded to him in a short period of time. We have to start setting up Novak with open looks those threes will come in handy down the stretch. I like jr versatility but he's way to trigger happy out there and shouldn't take more than 12 shots per game.
You only re-hire Woodson if there is no better option available.

Who would be a better option?

Phil Jackson isn't the fiery bulls coach anymore. I don't see it working. He's used to winning with self motivating players. Melo and amare don't strike me as the Kobe/MJ type. If he was a younger man I would jump all over it. But I dunno

Sloan? Had stockton and deron. Don't see how he'd love being here without a legit pg. the media would annoy him too

I'd take popovich, thins, and doc rivers. That's about it.

Oh and on the Breen stuff. He obviously doesn't hate the Knicks. But he puts his professional career above the fans. He goes out of his way to crap on the Knicks and slurp other players. Just to prove he isn't a homer

How many times did he criticize rose taking a bad shot or going into ISO mode? Exactly.

Damn Dub, I'm agreeing with you yet again. Last days are definitely upon us....

But yeah, those 3 (Doc, Pop, and Thibs) are the only active guys you take over Woody right now. Pop aint going nowhere. I highly doubt Doc is either. And unless the Bulls want a PR nightmare for not retaining a 2x COY, I don't see Thibs coming to NY. (Then again, that's the same org. that broke up a dynasty and chased Jordan and Phil away, so you never know what foolishness they might do).

PJ is the only other guy I'd rank as a MUST HIRE. And I don't see him leaving Shangri-La to come and deal with Dolan.

Jeff is not coming back. And Stan is not the answer right now coming off this Dwight fiasco. Sloan is not used to dealing with the new age superstar (see Williams, Deron). So imagine him having to coddle both Melo and Amar'e.

After all those names, you get to retreads (the Czar, Flip Saunders), the unproven (Mo Cheeks, Nate McMillan), and the assistants (Ewing). And for all that, you might as well keep Woody at the head.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Damn Dub, I'm agreeing with you yet again. Last days are definitely upon us....

But yeah, those 3 (Doc, Pop, and Thibs) are the only active guys you take over Woody right now. Pop aint going nowhere. I highly doubt Doc is either. And unless the Bulls want a PR nightmare for not retaining a 2x COY, I don't see Thibs coming to NY. (Then again, that's the same org. that broke up a dynasty and chased Jordan and Phil away, so you never know what foolishness they might do).

PJ is the only other guy I'd rank as a MUST HIRE. And I don't see him leaving Shangri-La to come and deal with Dolan.

Jeff is not coming back. And Stan is not the answer right now coming off this Dwight fiasco. Sloan is not used to dealing with the new age superstar (see Williams, Deron). So imagine him having to coddle both Melo and Amar'e.

After all those names, you get to retreads (the Czar, Flip Saunders), the unproven (Mo Cheeks, Nate McMillan), and the assistants (Ewing). And for all that, you might as well keep Woody at the head.
laugh.gif
couldnt say it any better myself

I'll been extremely critical of Melo this whole season...and he has earned that criticism from myself and others.

He showed up yesterday, and in a big way. That's the type of performance needed from Melo, maybe not a 43 point type of performance but his impact on the game must be felt.

It would really suck if they play the heat the first round.  I feel like we can compete better with the Bulls. 
ohwell.gif

i'd keep woodson, the team really responds to dude and he has the pieces he didnt really have in atl to really PUSH thru the playoffs, if that makes any sense

Back
Top Bottom