let this thread die (NYK)

Donnie Walsh was given permission to speak to other teams by the Knicks...

WHY IS HE NOT A FULL TIME EMPLOYEE OF THIS ORGANIZATION???? How the $+#* are we just going to watch the man responsible for making this a respectable team again go be another teams GM?

*$!+ really saddens me.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

That laker thread is catching up
Quick lets have an irrational argument about why Isaiah Thomas should be the teams coach and GM.
WHY IS HE NOT A FULL TIME EMPLOYEE OF THIS ORGANIZATION???? How the $+#* are we just going to watch the man responsible for making this a respectable team again go be another teams GM?
Son, he been quit man. When a guy is around in advisory capacity it's just him biding his time until he's ready to look for a new job.

Lets just wish him well. future is bleak for most teams rebuilding if it's not solely through the draft. I'll like to see what Donnie does with another team.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by tim teufel

That laker thread is catching up
Quick lets have an irrational argument about why Isaiah Thomas should be the teams coach and GM.
Son, he been quit man. When a guy is around in advisory capacity it's just him biding his time until he's ready to look for a new job.

Lets just wish him well. future is bleak for most teams rebuilding if it's not solely through the draft. I'll like to see what Donnie does with another team.

Oh I know hes been done with us. Just seeing a headline about him looking at other jobs reminded me he could still be this teams GM if it wasn't for the owner. I think he's just going to go back to the Pacers. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i got a question for you knick fans. would you guys like to sign mike brown in the offseason?

On a subtle level, that might be the rudest thing posted in this entire thread. This team is slowly finding some stability and pride. Have a little more respect.
EDIT: 
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ herpes

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i got a question for you knick fans. would you guys like to sign mike brown in the offseason?
Nah I think he's a joke even though he's a good defensive coach. I felt bad for LAL fans when they hired him. Still don't understand the hire.

laugh.gif
@ the thought of him getting fired after this season though. Yall should try to see whats good with JVG.

Sunday's game is HUGE for this team..Milwaukee is only 1 game back with an extremely winnable game against the Blazers. It's gonna be really difficult to beat the best team in the East twice in 2 days so our best bet is to beat them at MSG

laugh.gif
 @ the title change. Came in here in expecting a race war to have broken out or something but it turned out to be much much worse.

Mike Brown 
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Donnie Walsh was given permission to speak to other teams by the Knicks...

*$!+ really saddens me.

Isn't it interesting that this news breaks at the same time Zeke is back on the market?

nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

"Guys like Duncan and Rose are coach makers and guys like Dwight and Melo are coach killers"

roll.gif

Why do I come to this forum ?

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

ESPN Stats & Info

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Sunday's game is HUGE for this team..Milwaukee is only 1 game back with an extremely winnable game against the Blazers. It's gonna be really difficult to beat the best team in the East twice in 2 days so our best bet is to beat them at MSG
8 of our last 11 games are nationally televised. All against good teams. It's time for this squad to show the nation why no team wants to see them in the playoffs. I say we take both of those Chicago games. Lets goooo 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

8 of our last 11 games are nationally televised. All against good teams. It's time for this squad to show the nation why no team wants to see them in the playoffs. I say we take both of those Chicago games. Lets goooo 
pimp.gif

Idk the Knicks' exact record when nationally televised but I know they beat Lakers n Dallas on national tv during Linsanity, Boston on Xmas, and embarrassed Orlando twice on national tv. I'm almost positive the 1st two times we played Chicago this year was on ESPN and both games were L's for us so idk..But you may be right tho. The attention n pressure of playing a good team in front of the entire country might force them to play harder.

I'll be honest tho..That 1pm start coming off 2 days of rest kinda scares me
laugh.gif
In recent years, the Knicks come out looking tired as hell in early morning games.

As currently constructed, the Knicks would get fixed up by the Heat, the Bulls, and the C's.

One word: Rondo.

Don't forget, I said currently constructed. Not outlandish to predict a triple double average for him for the series.

the isiah stuff isnt a joke. he was hired and a consultant in 2010 and Stern nixed it. there isnt a conflict of intrest anymore.

He is going to get hired in some capacity

its sickening how as we pick up the pace, every one else does. I hope we win the last 10 games of the season
laugh.gif

and I hope boston loses their last 10. They could very well lose many of their remaining games they have some tough opponents.

How do you guys think we would have done against the Magic if they didn't have that entire Stan Van, Dwight Howard situation?
Think we woulda still smacked em?

Everyone needs to get in the groove. The coaching staff, players... Chefs... They need to do like the Giants and go all in...
I saw someone say a while back something along the lines of : If they were told that they would be hoping Jared Jefferies would hurry back off of an injury, they would laugh in that person's face...

Now I feel the same way... I remember ONE day I despised everything about the man. Even down to how he looked.... I even remember after a game I was in the arena and we went to the area that the players exit out of and I saw him standing right there and said out loud "Jared Jefferies is a bum @*$ !!" he looked around and just dropped his head for a sec..

but now I really need this guy to be back soon. He complemented Tyson really well on the defensive end.

I hope he can return soon.

We def gotta scoop the home game against the bulls... This is a must. We gotta capitalize on D Rose being rusty from all that time he had off. I be so anxious for games that I wished there was a game tonight.

Anyway lets get it.

MVP Rose wrote:
Shumpert is a huge scrub, but the guy delivers some bush league fouls, I hope Rose runs his *** out of the gym and sends him to the D-league where he belongs

Bulls fans
roll.gif

I think the lineup against the bulls be shumpert at point, fields at 2 sb, jr at sf ,melo at pf, and Tyson at center. I really dont think baron could hold rose so we need shumperts defense and have baron come off the bench. Also don't think melo would be able to stop boozer rebounding. we will get dominated on the boards but I think our fire power will prevail

Under D'Antoni last season and this season:

60 wins - 64 losses (.484 winning percentage)

16 wins with margins of 15+ points (27% of wins)
12 wins with margins of 10-14 points (20% of wins)

47% of wins with margins of 10+ points

As a subset of the above, D'Antoni during Linsanity:

9 wins - 2 losses (.818 winning percentage)

2 wins with margins of 15+ points (22% of wins)
2 wins with margins of 10-14 points (22% of wins)

44% of wins with margins of 10+ points

Under Woodson:

10 wins - 3 losses (.769 winning percentage)

7 wins with margins of 15+ points (70% of wins)
1 win with margin of 10-14 points (10% of wins)

80% of wins with margins of 10+ points

Back
Top Bottom