let this thread die (NYK)

I remember listening to a Bill Simmons podcast before the year started with Steve Kerr and Kerr said that when STAT became a FA, there were people on the Suns medical staff who felt that STAT wouldn't be playing in 5 years. I chose to ignore that.
Obviously that statement had more to do with STAT being unable to get insurance on his knees for the contract but regardless....
tired.gif

At this point all we can do, as Melo said, is "pray for Amar'e."

He has a bulging disc he won't be out for too long, he's just going to rest for a bit.

Bulges are not too serious.

A bulging disk can be very serious, the back is the most unpredictable and least understood part of the body. Man, this is truly depressing. The Knick organization always seems destined for doom, we can never catch a break.

Originally Posted by dland24

Who will get Amare's PT now?
Melo, Josh, and Jeffries (when he returns). Tyson will probably be logging a lot of minutes for the rest of the season and If he keeps getting in to foul trouble we may see more Jerome Jordan.

A bulging disc isn't that serious in itself. A HERNIATED disc can be, which is what Baron Davis was suffering from. Amare Stoudemire can very well recover from this, with extensive rehab and rest. However, to what extent his condition is is unknown, especially knowing he has been playing with a back injury since the playoffs last year. If his condition was regressed to the point of herniation, where he probably won't even be ready for the playoffs, Im sure Knicks will think about a more long-term plan and elect for back surgery.

Applying bit by bit while in PT school
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

From what I recall not at any point was Baron's injury referred to as a herniated disc. In fact I remember ppl specifically saying Baron's injury wasn't that serious because it wasn't a herniated disc as well.

http://niketalk.yuku.com/search/topic/topic/321104 Of course reports did not stay consistent
laugh.gif
Suffice to say last year STAT pulled a back muscle and was out for the rest of the playoff series. I'd be more reassured if he shut it down for the rest of the season.

Even if it is only a bulging disc, the fact that Amare is having back issues will always be a problem in his career. This dude literally has the 2 most nagging structural injuries you can have as a basketball player..Knees and back..Anybody that has bad knees or back problems can tell you that there is no such scenario where you completely recover and don't have those random days where the injured body part flares up and is in lots of pain for no apparent reason. Back spasms, knee tendinitis, etc are things that come with those injuries and they are unpredictable. It's a damn shame too because Amare is such a skilled player

Am I the only one that thinks JORTS should be benched for Jordan?

Dude cant hit a layup, cant stay on his feet, cant dunk, constantly fouls, but occasionally (rarely actually) hits the 3 or is at the right place at the right time for an easy 2. Jerome Jordan cant be any worse.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Dude cant hit a layup, cant stay on his feet, cant dunk, constantly fouls, but occasionally (rarely actually) hits the 3 or is at the right place at the right time for an easy 2. Jerome Jordan cant be any worse.
Damn you being harsh. I feel dude plays good defense at the very least. He's not a 1-3 option on offense so obviously the team isn't feeding him in the post or setting plays so he can hit 3s like they do Novak. Dude is there to grab rebounds, play defense, and get easy buckets the opposition won't be expecting from him. There's no way I want him benched for another unproven player at this point in the season (I'll risk missing out on a possible Jordan-mania). I don't think dude is as bad as you're making him out to be given he's coming off a wrist injury that held back his development.
http://twitter.com/alanhahn
Alan Hahn:#Knicks will NOT practice on Tuesday. Play Magic Wednesday at MSG. Jeremy Lin's status remains uncertain. He was a DNP against Milwaukee because of a sore right knee. He is listed as day-to-day.  http://twitter.com/alanhahn/statuses/184511709627686912
Alan Hahn: The Woodson Effect? #Knicks defense has held opponent to 80 or less in three of their last four games and has yielded 100 points just once (3/16 vs IND) since Woodson took over. Knicks allowing 86 points per game in Woodson's eight games.http://twitter.com/alanhahn/statuses/184510325385736193

Alan Hahn: Melo after his gritty 28&12 vs Bucks: “I just have to step my game up. We have been winning. As far as [me] scoring the basketball, we haven’t needed that. It is time for me to step my game up in all aspects.

Imo , he should just get it so that he doesn't have it nagging him and he's force to get it in the summer. Get it so that he's healthy during the summer , so that he can get bs k into shape and we don't have a repeat of this season of him playing terrible for the first half cause he was out of shape cause of his back. Get it now, so he's healthy during the summer, and get practicing etc shape. Let Jeffries or Novak start at the 4 for the rest if the season %%+# it.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Even if it is only a bulging disc, the fact that Amare is having back issues will always be a problem in his career. This dude literally has the 2 most nagging structural injuries you can have as a basketball player..Knees and back..Anybody that has bad knees or back problems can tell you that there is no such scenario where you completely recover and don't have those random days where the injured body part flares up and is in lots of pain for no apparent reason.
Not necessarily, like I said before, anyone can get a disc bulge just from sneezing awkwardly. Jumping and playing basketball as often as NBA players do they are susceptible to that. A herniated disc is a lot more serious, one single disc bulge is very treatable and can be taken care of....could have been from the massive weight gain during the off-season, lots of strenuous workouts can do that. 

Ugh,

Ken Berger

Surgery is the absolute last step when treating a disc bulge, there are so many options I just don't see how Amare would just quit on the season like that without going an alternative route first....but that's just me.

We're only 2.5 games out of first in the division. Philly is free-falling and Boston's schedule is going to be really tough in April.

Chandler
Melo
Fields
Shumpert
Lin
---
JR
Baron
Novak

More than serviceable. We still have a chance.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

We're only 2.5 games out of first in the division. Philly is free-falling and Boston's schedule is going to be really tough in April.

Chandler
Melo
Fields
Shumpert
Lin
---
JR
Baron
Novak

More than serviceable. We still have a chance.
Definitely. And as much as some of the Melo haters dont like it. This will actually help Melo. He can be a little more selfish without having to worry about if Amare got his touches. Lin will get his touches because he is the point. Other than that there isnt another real offensive threat. Melo should be able to work how he did in Denver. The lane wont be as clogged up and he should be able to make it to the line consistently like last night which he hasnt been doing in this scoring slump he has been on.

Dudes forget, the top scorers in the league get to the line around 8-10 times a game. Melo wasnt doing that before. So the 16-19 he was getting before could have easily been 25-30 with proper FT attempts. The team should still be OK because Melo can guard some of the 4s and we can play small if we have to for now.

It sucks that Amare went down right in the middle of us turning the season around. But we could still be more than good enough to make it to the playoffs without him for now. Just hope he can make it back for the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

You're alone, Harrellson hustles. He never takes a break, I've seen a good amount of blocks and steals come from him. He seemed better before the surgery but he's probably just a little rusty. 

looking forward to Wednesday's game. magic fan so hoping we play good. knicks are striving under woodson

Back
Top Bottom