let this thread die (NYK)

laugh.gif
I was pre-gaming heavy.
30t6p3b.gif

Had to close 1 eye most of the night to see the game.

I think we would all like to bring Mobb Deep back next year but most of us know that isn't realistic.

I'm pretty much accepting of the idea that we lose JR and Baron. JR's deal is set up so that he can make more money next season anyway (that we definitely won't be able to give him). Him leaving is a foregone conclusion imo.

Baron too. Some team will give him more money (and PT) than we could, as long as he healthy.

I'm cool with losing both of those guys as long as we bring back Novak. We need Novakaine, word to a root canal.

Yea I didn't think we'd be able to replace Shawne Williams' shooting effectively, only to be proven wrong with the discovery of Novak but he is an integral part of our offense even as a bench player.

I remember how much better we were when Amare was off the floor pre Woodson
laugh.gif
since Woodson has taken over he's been a totally different player.

Damn are ya'll saying we finally have a solid core after playing player jenga for all these years, and now we can't afford them? This is the exact definition of insanity.

Its messed up.

WE gave Novak and Lin and baron a chance.

Novak and Lin would be out of the league. Nobodies. Baron cleared waivers so obviously no team gave a crap about him.

We should be able to keep our own players.

Smith I know will be wanted many places.

I just dont understand the rationale. Imagine of we were a small market team. Took these chances on players and lost all of them because we couldn't give out fair money

With the money we gave Chandler (we did that because we Knew CP3 was gone to the Clippers and would resign with them), we can only offer MLE's to a couple of players. Guys like JR Smith and Novak will want to get the full, well I know JR will at least.

My only problem with that is that JR hasn't played at a level where you'd give him a full MLE. Novak on the other isn't a full MLE player either, but some team out there would give it to him and give him the extra years i'm sure that he wants I.E. NJ Nets with Shawne Williams.

We also have to sign Lin, but that shouldn't be a problem because he's still been in this league <5 years. So, he won't cost us as much. 

Fields is also another player we will have to re-sign.  And lets not forget about Jared Jefferies. Although he's been great for us, I cant see many teams giving him that much money given his offensive limitations. Although, a team like the Spurs, Bulls, Heat and Thunder would love to have a guy like Jefferies on board. 

From the looks of it, we won't be able to keep everyone after this season is over. The sad part about all this is that we could've kept an additional player if Toney Douglas were to come off our books. He's owed roughly $2mill next year
laugh.gif

So most likely to go is JR, Novak and Jeffries in that order.
30t6p3b.gif

And the way I understood it, since Lin didn't clear waivers, we have his bird rights. And we have Fields' so neither comes out of our MLE?

+don't we have the biennial exception of $2mil

2 million is nothing... its not like we paying that for balkman... douglas is still capable of playing well despite his horrendous start this year

JR and Novak are probably gone. I think Jefferies is going to stay. He loves NYC and has some loyalty to us. But thats just hope talking
laugh.gif

just curious, did the knicks use their amnesty? NO, im not saying get rid of their stars, lol.

they used amnesty on chauncey^

I think Lin, Novak, Jefferies will be retained. All 3 of them know that they can't be in a better spot than they are here, and no one elsewhere will offer them so much that we can't match. Someone will probably overpay JR, and Woodson doesn't seem to like Fields, so i wouldn't be surprised if they both go. With Baron, I have no idea how things will play out. I believe that bc of new CBA we can match any offers made to Lin or Fields, even if over cap though. Only issue is if u still get a full midlevel to use if you're over a certain threshold. don't really remember though

I remember before the season started I said the Knicks would be a top 10 defensive team in the league and all yall laughed at me. We're #4

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

I remember before the season started I said the Knicks would be a top 10 defensive team in the league and all yall laughed at me. We're #4

Defensive efficiency?

If I'm not mistaken, they're #4 in overall defense, which incorporates a lot more than just FG% or PPG..Which is incredible considering the reputation this team has had in the past. The offense was clicking with the defense when the Knicks first played under Woodson, which is why they blew so many teams out

As worried as I am about STAT's health, I think we're more worried because of how flat the offense looked against the Bucks..But let's not forget that Lin wasn't out there and he's a much better scorer this season than Baron..Plus, Baron has trouble offensively against quick guys like Jennings because his handles aren't as fast as they once were..That's why he got the ball stolen from him so many times against Milwaukee. Baron settles for jumpers a lot more than Lin as well, which hurt the Knicks..The Bucks are wack in the paint, which is why Carmelo was posting n getting to the line so much..Had Lin played, he would have been on the attack and taken as many free throws as Melo

Really?! Dudes worried about the off-season and the Knicks have won 7 out of their last 8 games!! Damn can we at least make the playoffs first before we start talking off-season moves and re-signings?!

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Really?! Dudes worried about the off-season and the Knicks have won 7 out of their last 8 games!! Damn can we at least make the playoffs first before we start talking off-season moves and re-signings?!

laugh.gif
This is the same fan base that wanted to trade Amar'e because he was having a bad first half of the season..The same fan base that said Tyson wasn't worth the money he got because he didn't look sharp the first 5-6 games of the year. I wish it wasn't the case but it just seems like years of losing caused people to always wanna fix something before it breaks

Back
Top Bottom