let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Really?! Dudes worried about the off-season and the Knicks have won 7 out of their last 8 games!! Damn can we at least make the playoffs first before we start talking off-season moves and re-signings?!

laugh.gif
This is the same fan base that wanted to trade Amar'e because he was having a bad first half of the season..The same fan base that said Tyson wasn't worth the money he got because he didn't look sharp the first 5-6 games of the year. I wish it wasn't the case but it just seems like years of losing caused people to always wanna fix something before it breaks
laugh.gif
I agree man. I mean I love my fellow Knicks fans but sometimes we gotta chill out and enjoy the ride! I have suffered through the years of losing but this team has done a solid job the last few years and is moving in the right direction. We just need coaching stability and time for all the right pieces to mesh together. Sadly people always want to fix something because they want instant gratification and don't have patience to watch something good develop.

just watched that full x-mas game. I hope thats the melo we see for the rest of the season and in the playoffs.

Really?! Dudes worried about the off-season and the Knicks have won 7 out of their last 8 games!! Damn can we at least make the playoffs first before we start talking off-season moves and re-signings?!

laugh.gif
This is the same fan base that wanted to trade Amar'e because he was having a bad first half of the season..The same fan base that said Tyson wasn't worth the money he got because he didn't look sharp the first 5-6 games of the year. I wish it wasn't the case but it just seems like years of losing caused people to always wanna fix something before it breaks
laugh.gif
I agree man. I mean I love my fellow Knicks fans but sometimes we gotta chill out and enjoy the ride! I have suffered through the years of losing but this team has done a solid job the last few years and is moving in the right direction. We just need coaching stability and time for all the right pieces to mesh together. Sadly people always want to fix something because they want instant gratification and don't have patience to watch something good develop.

This is all I'm saying :lol: I wish people could just enjoy the ride and stop complaining and overreacting. This is the whole point of sports...the journey to get to the top. What yall dudes thought...cause they got Melo and Amare they supposed to be unstoppable and go 72-10 like the Bulls or some %#*?? Every team that gets a ring doesn't have a flawless season. be eaaasy and be patient

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is all I'm saying
laugh.gif
I wish people could just enjoy the ride and stop complaining and overreacting. This is the whole point of sports...the journey to get to the top. What yall dudes thought...cause they got Melo and Amare they supposed to be unstoppable and go 72-10 like the Bulls or some %#*?? Every team that gets a ring doesn't have a flawless season. be eaaasy and be patient
Word!!

If you have been watching sports long enough you know that there are going to be ups and downs. I was really encouraged by the fact that the Knicks beat the Bucks the other night despite shooting poorly because they continued to play defense. All I want to see is my team learn how to win in various ways/situations and improve and playing their best ball towards the end of the season.

Its wayyyyy to early to be worrying about who is leaving and who is staying and who you are gonna miss. Who cares?! 7 wins in the last 8 games... good test against Orlando tonight! Let's go Knicks!!

So no discussing the knicks in the knicks discussion thread. Gotcha. Let's all just say let's go knicks repeatedly from here on out in tribute to D'antoni.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

So no discussing the knicks in the knicks discussion thread. Gotcha. Let's all just say let's go knicks repeatedly from here on out in tribute to D'antoni.

Forreal
laugh.gif

I am all for avoiding the sky is falling mentality, the lows are often too low and the highs are often too high in here (for some of us). With that being said I don't see anything wrong with discussing which of our soon to be free agents we may or may not be able to retain this offseason.

No one thought Knicks would go 72-10 but I for sure thought we would be somewhere in the mix for the 3rd or 4th seed in the east not fighting for an 8th seed with the lonely bucks. Our biggest problem is that our so called stars don't compliment each other well on the court. With the talent on this team it's a disgrace that we are only a .500 team. If ya wanna blame mda for that I'm fine with that but it's very clear this team has underachieved

^ Melo says he's playing. And we will not see x-mas game melo until next year. He's hurt and he won't heal while playing. I'm not saying he can't be effective, but he won't exactly be draining threes and what not.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

No one thought Knicks would go 72-10 but I for sure thought we would be somewhere in the mix for the 3rd or 4th seed in the east not fighting for an 8th seed with the lonely bucks. Our biggest problem is that our so called stars don't compliment each other well on the court. With the talent on this team it's a disgrace that we are only a .500 team. If ya wanna blame mda for that I'm fine with that but it's very clear this team has underachieved
But we have won 7 of our last 8 with our stars on the floor working fine together. Maybe it wasnt that our stars cant mesh but the coach we had didnt know how to adequately manage our stars to get the best out of them. Sure we wont know how the rest of the season would have gone because Amare is prolly out the rest of the regular season. But from the sample size we have it seemed like they were working pretty good together. And thats with Melo in the worst shooting slump of his career. But he has proved hes not afraid to pass the ball and is actually a very good passer for his position.

I will agree that the team has underachieved record wise. But its pretty clear that there were other reasons this team wasnt giving it their best effort out there in the beginning of the season.

O and we are in the mix for the 3-4 seed still. The conference isnt strong and we are playing defense like we belong at the top of the conference with teams like Miami, Chicago, and Orlando.

Amar'e is not having the surgery, he's out 2-4 weeks. Looks like he's gonna try to come back for that playoff run

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Amar'e is not having the surgery, he's out 2-4 weeks. Looks like he's gonna try to come back for that playoff run

PHEW. Hope he recovers in time. We seem to always have setbacks, though.

ESPN says if its 2 weeks, he'll be back with 9 regular season games left. If its 4 weeks, he'd be back for game 1 of the playoffs.

Let us pray.

* Edit -

Jorge, how I join NT the day after you and I'm about 30,000 posts behind you in post count.
laugh.gif
x
eek.gif
x
ohwell.gif

http://twitter.com/meanbarb
Barbara Barker: Here's #Knicks statement on Amar'e Stoudemire: "Amar'e will return to New York from Miami, FL today after seeking a second opinion on a bulging disc of his lower back. Both doctors have agreed that he should undergo non-surgical treatment and rehabilitation, that will include an epidural. He is expected to be out for approximately 2-4 weeks." http://twitter.com/meanbarb/statuses/185013834908573696
Brian Mahoney: Knicks say no surgery for Amare on bulging disk in back, expect him to miss 2-4 weeks. Could be back before end of season.

I mean I love the determination and I want this to only be a minor setback but I can only imagine what condition he'll be in next season and all the posts that come with that since I bet Amar'e leading us until the trade deadline last season won't carry over the next.

I feel we can make the playoffs without him for now and that he should shut it down until the playoffs start. Maybe play the last two or three games of the reg season to work his way back in to playing condition.

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

ESPN says if its 2 weeks, he'll be back with 9 regular season games left. If its 4 weeks, he'd be back for game 1 of the playoffs.

Let us pray.

* Edit -

Jorge, how I join NT the day after you and I'm about 30,000 posts behind you in post count.
laugh.gif
x
eek.gif
x
ohwell.gif

roll.gif

Yankees, Knicks and Giants threads used to get intense. I've hit my post limit so many times, man.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Glad amare is only out for 2-4 weeks and doesn't need surgery. Still gives us hope in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom