Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I wish they'd go back closer to their initial inspiration (Neon Air Max 95's) and throw more white into the color palette.

Got my shipping confirmation from Richards this morning and they're already out for delivery in my city :D
CF's look clean but I don't like the DM's, I hope I read right about a Summit and mango CW :evil:

Almost not fair to compare court feel to the jordan 28. That flight plate is amazing as far as absorbing/transfering energy between the foot and court. Lunarlon is nice but it acts more like a dampner, definitely reducing impact, but also absorbing a lot of what the zoom has to offer by almost fully encapsulating it. You really only feel the springiness while performing explosive movements where you essentially bottom out the lunarlon. The flight plate allows immediate responsiveness at all times.
Haven't played in the XX8s, but this is a good assessment I'm guessing.

I'm curious to know how the lunar/zoom combo gets after a real good break in

Last edited:
I dont get the complaints on the 200$ price tag . The lebron X + were 200$. Just be smart people use coupons and look for deals i got my KP for 180+tax. I personally will have to pick and choose cw's just cant afford to get them all .

AvM fell out of the running for me but Carbons will definitely fill that void (wish the sole was black xdr or smoked out, but F it)

Aways have crept up a few spots too...nothing special but that wet red/black combo got me open. Gotta see how crimson-y the sole looks in person to decide

These shoes feel good enough to play ball in but they are not worth 200.  xx8, kobe 8, melo 9, superfly 2 beat the Lebron xi in term of performance. I don't think you should "break in" any 200 dollars shoes neither. If im paying 200. The shoes have to be comfortable and mold to my foot right out the box.
I respect the opinion, but I disagree as someone who believes every shoe will break in more as you play in them.  Because of this, I prefer shoes that need a little work and get better with time.  Rather than a shoe that is already broken in that could potentially become to loose, and could lose cushion/impact protection, etc.

Last edited:

I've played in XX8's and XI's quite a bit, and to me the XI's feel very similar in weight transfer and explosiveness. Only edge I would give the XX8's would be traction, the traction in the XX8's is probably as good as it gets. The cons with the XX8's is the awful "boot" system and I feel the lacing lockdown on Xi's is better. Let's remember though that XX8's were $250 retail, just a thought for price gripers.

This. If you've looked in the kobe 8 thread people love the lunarlon up until it starts to destroy their knees. It'll be interesting to see if the zoom will actually feel better once the lunarlon has reached its life span. But my guess is that the zoom unit will be too thin to act as the main cushioning system with a couple inches of dead lunarlon on top of it.

This. If you've looked in the kobe 8 thread people love the lunarlon up until it starts to destroy their knees. It'll be interesting to see if the zoom will actually feel better once the lunarlon has reached its life span. But my guess is that the zoom unit will be too thin to act as the main cushioning system with a couple inches of dead lunarlon on top of it.
I hope you're wrong, but that may be the case...

Man I love the CF... Except the clear sole. Why? Makes it an easy pass for me cause even with as great as these are I'm not gonna drop two bills on a cw unless they're perfect.

I agree that a smoked out sole would've made the CFs even better. Still a pretty nice colorway though.

Man I love the CF... Except the clear sole. Why? Makes it an easy pass for me cause even with as great as these are I'm not gonna drop two bills on a cw unless they're perfect.

I really liked the pressures last year but passed on that clear sole. To drop 2 bills on a shoe that will yellow in the box, no thanks.

Awesome, posting up fake pairs from Sole Awesome.
laugh.gif
I think they're completely legit actually.  I know it may be hard to believe with a name like Sole Awesome

I'm gonna wait and hope that carbon becomes an option on iD. Then I won't mind a triple black CW with some carbon accents!

Not really feeling the cws at this point but my top 3 that I'm copping will probably be the gammas, KPs, and the AvMs

The carbon fibers look great.. just dont want a shoe with pink in it like that and it comes out the same time as the taxi 12's and I have been wantign those all year. so im going to pass,

I liked the christmas ones, but i am not wearing shoes with snowflakes on them?  how can you wear that in july..lol

so far the only thing that is a must for me is forging iron.  I hope they release the same time as the Laneys to make it somewhat easier to cop.  hopefully thats the strategy nike is going for now on, they did it with the steel X's and KP, they are doing it with carbon fiber and taxi 12's.. 
Exactly what you said as far as hoping the Laneys release on the same day.  I just dont care about another mostly white Jordan 5 retro.  I'd much rather at least explore the possibility of copping the forging irons.  I still need to see them in person though...Just not sure I can pull off the orange with much. Beautiful looking shoe, but still concerned with that packaging. lol  HOW THEY GONNA SHIP IT?! HAN SOLO STYLE?!?!

Back
Top Bottom