Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Ok so we got the Cannons, Big Bangs, Miami Nights and now what sounds like Mangos coming huh.....so do you guys still think I'm reaching/stretching from what I said previously that Nike was biting the XI colorways from the IX's?

Yea that was with the laces loosened all the way.It was weird.

Especially since the 10.5 wasn't that bad.Might work but I would need the thinnest socks available
I have a good recommendation for thin socks: WrightSock Men's Ultra Thin

These things are amazing...super thin, comfy, but durable so you don't have to worry about them coming apart in the wash after a few wears.

Carbon Fiber :pimp:
SA_Lebron_XI_Black_Pink_616175_003_1__43042.1382554302.1280.1280.JPG

SA_Lebron_XI_Black_Pink_616175_003_1__43042.1382554302.1280.1280.JPG

http://s227.photobucket.com/user/ha...82ec3fc03aa4c87986c162cff105b5cc8a_m.gif.html

Lawd those Carbon Fibers.
pimp.gif

Not feeling the XMas XIs at all.

Looks like we know more or less all the colorways of the XI dropping for the rest of the year; time to update the OP.

I think this years Christmas pair is the first to look like an actual xmas inspiration but I'm def not copping

I don't really want a $200 shoe with a clear sole but those carbons might have to get copped

either the gammas or carbons are next for me

Ok so we got the Cannons, Big Bangs, Miami Nights and now what sounds like Mangos coming huh.....so do you guys still think I'm reaching/stretching from what I said previously that Nike was biting the XI colorways from the IX's?

There are ppl who agreed with your point from the jump,

You don't have to keep pushing it.

Those who don't agree with you won't be won over through repetition.

nor should it even matter who agrees with you on this particular conversation anyway.

Lol let it go homie...

Btw those "Miami nights" are nice but not enough for me to wanna sign up for the fan club.

Hopefully they're easy to cop for all those that love them.

Man I wasn't digging the XIs at all but after copping KPs and all these colorways dropping I'm thinking of ways too hide all these purchases from the wifey lol

Hmmmmmmm........anyone else seeing a pattern here?

The Miami-Akron bears a bit of a resemblance to the Cannons, the Pink Foil/Carbon Fiber is similar to the Miami Nights, and the Forging Iron looks A LOT like the Big Bangs.

is it just me or is Nike doing a creative job of replicating the IX's?

Not complaining, just think it's interesting......

I posted the same thing (minus the pics) a couple days before you did.......so you're not the only one who sees that.....but yeah, I think the point's been made now.

(apologies for quoting myself)

Last edited:
I'm not up to date on upcoming JB releases but I'm really hoping they're coming with some heat on 12/14 to pull some heads from the carbon pair. I'll make a run at em but I honestly wish there wasn't any pink and that they went basic like the flightposites. Woulda been such a solid colorway all the way through.

Carbons are dope. No one in here like the gamma blues though? Easier cop then but hoping to get them under retail somehow.

I never said no one didn't agree with me or that I was the first to say it, it was a lot of guys saying the same thing, I was only stating that I agreed with the observation and wanted to see if others felt the same, some disagreed and probably still do but why would I really care if they did or they didn't? Let alone why would I be trying to win people over into agreeing with my opinion on sneaker colorways? Lol I'm a leave it there though because some of you guys can be way to confrontational and hostile in these discussions at times lol

Last edited:
OK Ive been playing ball in these about a week now and a few things Ive noticed.

As people have said already they take time to break in so the fit dosent feel revolutionary out the box and you can expect blisters and cuts the first couple of wears regardless of sizing /socks etc. (Not a good start I know)

Once the toebox takes shape the shoe becomes more responsive, the let down for me is the traction. There is good "feel" with the low to the ground stance however the pattern on the sole is bulky (similar to the chain pattern on the 9s) making the shoe feel less connected on dusty courts.

Cushioning is decent, the shoe felt good when running and making cuts but landings can be a bit harsh if your a forefoot plant type. I felt the toebox got a bit cramped when you tighten up the laces, the material between the foam in the toebox is quite harsh on the feet and can cause blistering but the softer posite material at the end ensures no bruised toenails so its not all bad.

Support is good with a decent lace lockdown, there is a good balance between ankle movement and support and if you need the tight fit the tongue has decent padding. The shoe is much lighter than the X but somehow its not light enough to make it feel revolutionary, I guess its well balanced in terms of weight - its a durable shoe yet light enough to suit guards / small forwards (faster players).

One thing I found lacking with this shoe is arch support, the lunar/zoom insole is very flat and if your a player who requires arthritics or additional arch support sizing could be a problem. If you remove the insole there just isn't enough there to make the shoe comfortable - I found this was a similar problem on the jordan 2011.

Overall Id rate these around 7/10, price is a big issue for me on these I just don't see the "enhancements" warrant the price tag. Also when compared to shoes like the Jordan 28 SE and the melo M9 it dosent preform any better in fact out the box the jordan 28 had far more immediate feel and comfort.

I rate the X the same but that shoe looses marks for for different reasons, the Xi will never be my go to shoe, Im not over impressed with ascetics of the shoe the KP colorway is the main selling point on this for for me and if i was to see these in a different colorway on sale I dont think id cop "just for ball" as there are better shoes for less money.

agree with this review. i had the same experience with the 11's

Overall Id rate these around 7/10, price is a big issue for me on these I just don't see the "enhancements" warrant the price tag. Also when compared to shoes like the Jordan 28 SE and the melo M9 it dosent preform any better in fact out the box the jordan 28 had far more immediate feel and comfort.

Almost not fair to compare court feel to the jordan 28. That flight plate is amazing as far as absorbing/transfering energy between the foot and court. Lunarlon is nice but it acts more like a dampner, definitely reducing impact, but also absorbing a lot of what the zoom has to offer by almost fully encapsulating it. You really only feel the springiness while performing explosive movements where you essentially bottom out the lunarlon. The flight plate allows immediate responsiveness at all times.

These shoes feel good enough to play ball in but they are not worth 200.  xx8, kobe 8, melo 9, superfly 2 beat the Lebron xi in term of performance. I don't think you should "break in" any 200 dollars shoes neither. If im paying 200. The shoes have to be comfortable and mold to my foot right out the box.

Last edited:
I still like the AvM's it just kinda kicks me that they lost the bold swoosh and translucent sole, which irks me a little, if that is a translucent sole...

And on another note CF's look
pimp.gif

I got my kps in and something I noticed right off the bat. They have a small hole. It's small right now but I feel like it can possibly cause major problems later. Especially if pressure gets put in that area. It might be tough to see in these pics but they are the best I could take off my phone. The torn part is a lot more visible in person than these pics.

View media item 627970
View media item 627971

Back
Top Bottom