Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I honestly don't care if he won a ring in them. Doesn't change the way they look

This.

Serious Question. Is there really a correlation between sneaker sells and winning a championship? I thought people bought kicks, because they looked nice.

Depends. Some people only pop up when the limited lebrons drop vs others that genuinely like the shoe.
Proof generally comes from when someone says the WTL or the champ shoe is their first of the model. I mean, it's 20+ colors but the hyped ones are the first?

This.

Serious Question. Is there really a correlation between sneaker sells and winning a championship? I thought people bought kicks, because they looked nice.
Michael jordan changed that.. people buy his shoes ESPECIALLY his OG retro's because he used to wear them..  

Do you really think, BC 3's and WC 3's would be iconic as they are if Jordan never wore them? 

Depends. Some people only pop up when the limited lebrons drop vs others that genuinely like the shoe.
Proof generally comes from when someone says the WTL or the champ shoe is their first of the model. I mean, it's 20+ colors but the hyped ones are the first?
true.. i say you have to own a pair of KPs to be eligible to enter a raffle for the champ pack or WTL.. 

lot of people jumped on the FI the first limited release, after that GK/BHM bcuz they were $20 more after that 2k14 and now What If Low/mids and What the's but only the 2k14 have garnered more than $300 in the XI line everything else I've seen in my size for retail or below regardless of any "TAGS" put on them

This.

Michael jordan changed that.. people buy his shoes ESPECIALLY his OG retro's because he used to wear them..  

Do you really think, BC 3's and WC 3's would be iconic as they are if Jordan never wore them? 

Jordans def didn't change that. Dudes weren't buying 6-8 or 11-13(14) because mj won a ring in them.

This.

really people by Olive 9s like they're gold (thangs ugly af imo) and he never wore them on court, I don't recall him wearing gamma xi's either and they're pretty much gone day one, JXI is the def of hype
mean.gif

well good thing I don't wont the What if pack since I can't enter because I didn't buy KP's but i'll trade you KPs in that scenario for graffiti's no hype what so ever period end of discussion i'm back in the allowed to buy
laugh.gif
 but seriously I don't want them, i'm turned off buy the price other wise i'd be ok with the lows, but this yr after the exts I decided I was tired of being Nike's slave to shenanigan and hoop jumping backflips for shoe attempts

This.

It depends on the consumer...some love this Elite cuz it looks great, so they'll cop. But there are some legitimate LeBron and Heat fans that go through the hoops because it signifies an achievement that their favorite player/team accomplished. I get that. You'll maybe play the game, enter raffles, whatever because of the meaning behind it. But to me...Nike is just milking is for extra cash in this case. There is ZERO reason this Elite pair should be an extra $20. "Hot" colors don't cost more... They are or we are assuming limited numbers and all the regular hoopla around an ACTUAL Championship Pack but in truth it's just another Elite release. Bit these are exactly in line with what we've come to expect in a champ shoe. Nike had these on deck ready to go, win or lose, so here we are. Nike got some of ya'll by the BALLS to get the hype stirred up the way it is over these. And then it just plains hurts the next customer who just likes them for what they are, red and gold Elites.

Jordans def didn't change that. Dudes weren't buying 6-8 or 11-13(14) because mj won a ring in them.
6-8 are my favorite jordans and I buy them because they are from the 1st 3peat jordans to me. As well as childhood memories. But then again I'm in the crowd that doesn't too much like buying brons (since 9s) because he refuses to wear released colors, and I'm not feeding into that nike ID nonsense.

6-8 are my favorite jordans and I buy them because they are from the 1st 3peat jordans to me. As well as childhood memories. But then again I'm in the crowd that doesn't too much like buying brons (since 9s) because he refuses to wear released colors, and I'm not feeding into that nike ID nonsense.

But I'm saying.... Jordans didn't change that. You rarely hear someone saying what you just said. It rare you hear someone say they purchased jordans because he won a ring in them. That's some Lebron type stuff. Just like nobody says they purchased Kobe's because he wore them when he got a ring.

Man, the SE elites IMO are by far one of the sickest CW's, but for Nike to put that price tag on there cuz they assumed he was gonna win is ridiculous...I told myself after the Kobe "Beethoven" I done chasing after these exclusive kicks. It's either I'm able to get em' on RD or restock, but no more going to EBay for kicks over retail. It's way too many other kicks to be stressing over on how you gonna be able to attain a pair

Man, the SE elites IMO are by far one of the sickest CW's, but for Nike to put that price tag on there cuz they assumed he was gonna win is ridiculous...I told myself after the Kobe "Beethoven" I done chasing after these exclusive kicks. It's either I'm able to get em' on RD or restock, but no more going to EBay for kicks over retail. It's way too many other kicks to be stressing over on how you gonna be able to attain a pair
WORD. They just trying to recoup money as close as possible to would be "Champ pack" $500 prices. Insane. Elites are nice, but $295?? That's 75 over my bar I set.

WORD. They just trying to recoup money as close as possible to would be "Champ pack" $500 prices. Insane. Elites are nice, but $295?? That's 75 over my bar I set.

Recoup money? They could have honestly still sold then as a pack and they would have sold out. It's just a matter of nike knowing there will sell out regardless therefore they bumped the price. It's like how the forging irons were $250 for no good reason.

Yall are crazy if you think the reason behind the 295 price tag is to get as close to 500 between the 2 shoes.

A couple thousand is absolutely nothing to Nike.

They will hand out a few less 20% OFF codes if that was the case.

There is reasoning behind the pricing but it's not that.

Recoup money? They could have honestly still sold then as a pack and they would have sold out. It's just a matter of nike knowing there will sell out regardless therefore they bumped the price. It's like how the forging irons were $250 for no good reason.
Agreed. Recoup was the wrong word. But I agree with you most def.

A couple thousand dollars is nothing? It adds up if you do it for a good number releases like FI, ASG, The SE Elites, SE Lows, Acid Lows, AJ retro this, AJ retro that.

Prices are "climbing" because of inflation and ugh premium materials. If I was Nike, I'd keep pushing the envelope. The customer hasn't flinched yet. Complained, probably. These releases continue to sell out. The Retro Plus models will prove that point.

That's why each sig has climbed up $15-$20 every year. And special edition shoes can be sold for $10-$50 more.

Last edited:
Yall are crazy if you think the reason behind the 295 price tag is to get as close to 500 between the 2 shoes.

A couple thousand is absolutely nothing to Nike.

They will hand out a few less 20% OFF codes if that was the case.

There is reasoning behind the pricing but it's not that.

Nike just tasting the waters on price points. That's the terrible part of the red elites, when they sell out at $295 than the game changes again. $300 retail is going to be the norm and that's itself is crazy.

hoh willowbrook just called me so if anyone signed up for the raffle there be on the lookout

Back
Top Bottom