Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Those must be samples. They'll have the IX/X outsole. I prefer the 8 outsole.
frown.gif

I think I read on sneakernews that the XI Low GS will have the 8 outsole, mens will have the IX/X outsole.  Which seemed odd to me, but does seem true when you look at the pictures leaked so far. 

Side rant: This isn't anything new, but it's really starting to irritate me. Employees are so rude now. I hate saying "all of them", but enough to where I'm surprised when I get treated like an actual customer instead of a nuisance. I don't go to the mall often so it's not like I'm in there constantly trying and not buying. I told dude from the jump I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy at the moment but I did want to try them on to help with my decision. I asked him if he hooped, what he thought about em for hooping, etc. Dude was super short with his answers and obviously annoyed. As soon as I took em off my foot I said "thanks man I really appreciate it." No response at all. Just took the the shoes out of my hands and walked to the back room :smh:. I just don't understand why it is now generally acceptable in the sneaker world to have disrespectful workers. For "hyped" up shoes or just shoes with more exposure, employees already have to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to sell them, they sell themselves. COULD YOU PUT ON A SMILE OR SOMETHING WHILE DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO GET MY SALE? I really don't think that's too much to ask.

Not trying to justify any of this at all because customer service and respect for the customer should always come first, but for example the store I work at we get evaluated by our numbers. How much the individual has sold, how many sales had more than one item, how many people come into the store vs. how many people came in and bought something. Most stores have a goal to reach sales wise and it's frustrating to miss it. These are just a few things to think about. Also, some stores give their associates commission from what they sell, so sometimes is frustrating to lose the sale. I'm sorry that happened to you. I personally would never do that, but I do get where you are coming from. I just thought I would give you some insight from an employee view. BACK TO THE XI's though!

There will be two WTL. These, and the ones for the 2k people. They've been saying it for a month. Willing to bet 1000 e dollars.

And I'm already gonna call it. Go ahead bigj505, tell me I'm an idiot lol.

Last edited:
everytime i see the WTL i start getting this feeling of creeping fear that i might strike out..i just want one pair to wear!

Not trying to justify any of this at all because customer service and respect for the customer should always come first, but for example the store I work at we get evaluated by our numbers. How much the individual has sold, how many sales had more than one item, how many people come into the store vs. how many people came in and bought something. Most stores have a goal to reach sales wise and it's frustrating to miss it. These are just a few things to think about. Also, some stores give their associates commission from what they sell, so sometimes is frustrating to lose the sale. I'm sorry that happened to you. I personally would never do that, but I do get where you are coming from. I just thought I would give you some insight from an employee view. BACK TO THE XI's though!

You're missing the point though. You're thinking about sales #s. You should be just thinking about giving the customer a great experience, whether they buy or not. Cuz what happens is @SneakerFree ain't coming back to buy from you next time on the next release. Just provide great service and numbers follow suit.

My shoe store pet peeve is misinformed employees who don't mind making up stuff. Just say you are new or you don't know - customers will respect that.

Tried the team elites on today. Not sure how to feel. They're.... not worth $275 imo. Nor $250. Maybe $210 to pay for the hologram box? I don't know lol. It felt like I put on an XI that was more snug around my foot, but had more toe box room.

Upgrades just from trying them on:
1. Extra toe box room and no pinky pinching
2. Cut out medial portion of achilles (more ROM without ankle digging into collar)

That's about it from a first impression standpoint. I'm in no rush to get a pair for hooping. XIs already feel supportive as is, now the elites just feel even more stiff. If I can get the hero's I will because I like the cw, but I'm not gonna stress it at all if I'm unsuccessful.
Did you think they felt very "plastic" on your foot in comparison to the regular XI? 

You're missing the point though. You're thinking about sales #s. You should be just thinking about giving the customer a great experience, whether they buy or not. Cuz what happens is @SneakerFree ain't coming back to buy from you next time on the next release. Just provide great service and numbers follow suit.

My shoe store pet peeve is misinformed employees who don't mind making up stuff. Just say you are new or you don't know - customers will respect that.

Yeah, that is tough. We have had our fair share of employees like that. Customer service is the most important thing. I'm not someone who pouts about numbers on a slow day, but I have worked with people who have.

Side rant: This isn't anything new, but it's really starting to irritate me. Employees are so rude now. I hate saying "all of them", but enough to where I'm surprised when I get treated like an actual customer instead of a nuisance. I don't go to the mall often so it's not like I'm in there constantly trying and not buying. I told dude from the jump I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy at the moment but I did want to try them on to help with my decision. I asked him if he hooped, what he thought about em for hooping, etc. Dude was super short with his answers and obviously annoyed. As soon as I took em off my foot I said "thanks man I really appreciate it." No response at all. Just took the the shoes out of my hands and walked to the back room :smh:. I just don't understand why it is now generally acceptable in the sneaker world to have disrespectful workers. For "hyped" up shoes or just shoes with more exposure, employees already have to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to sell them, they sell themselves. COULD YOU PUT ON A SMILE OR SOMETHING WHILE DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO GET MY SALE? I really don't think that's too much to ask.

I don't wanna derail this thread but as a former outlet-style retail employee you need to look at both sides of the fence. Sales associate wages are abysmal and there is alot of pressure to move product and tack on as many accessories (laces, cleaners, socks, etc...) as possible. If you don't meet your goals they drop the hammer on you and subsequently employee turnover is very high. A 'polite' sales associate who actually enjoys what they do may be cut simply because they are not able to meet their targets.

I was fortunate to have the retail gig as a part-time job and being an outlet-style store we had all our merchandise on the floor so there was no individual pressure to move units - as long as the store as a whole made its targets we were fine.

Maybe someone else can chime in here as it's been a few years since I last worked retail but are employees restricted from grabbing the 'in-demand' product? Do they also have to wait in line or enter their names in raffles?

Vood99
That's still no excuse for a rude employee. I worked at FTL for 5 years and I treated every customer the same regardless and I personally HATED working retail. Yea we had to make goals which sucked but we aren't owed a purchase from anyone. When you accept a job like that you understand what your goals are and it's up to you to meet them. Whose to say you can't change a customers mind with service you provide? I had many customers who bought more stuff based off of my customer service and many that didn't, that comes with the job.

Maybe someone else can chime in here as it's been a few years since I last worked retail but are employees restricted from grabbing the 'in-demand' product? Do they also have to wait in line or enter their names in raffles?

depends on the store to be honest.

There will be two WTL. These, and the ones for the 2k people. They've been saying it for a month. Willing to bet 1000 e dollars.

why would I call you an idiot? you can believe the shoes are whatever you want them to be.

I really hope so!

I'd be pretty disappointed if I cant get a pair for retail or close to retail. I have trip to Mexico coming up and I really cant afford a super expensive shoe.

Thankfully I have a pair of the 2k's secured.

I really hope so!

I'd be pretty disappointed if I cant get a pair for retail or close to retail. I have trip to Mexico coming up and I really cant afford a super expensive shoe.

Thankfully I have a pair of the 2k's secured.
i think a trip to mexico is far better than obtaining a pair of WTL

Back
Top Bottom