[::LAKERS vs. NUGGETS GAME 7 Thread | SATURDAY 7:30pm TNT | Win or Stay Home::]

dont follow lakers, but how effective is blake/sessions when they are on the court together?

Originally Posted by DMan14

dont follow lakers, but how effective is blake/sessions when they are on the court together?
Below average-to average on offense. Absolutely terrible on defense and has really put us at a disadvantage at points in this series. Mike Brown doesn't make any adjustments though when he sees them continually getting torched, so I can't put all the blame on them.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by DMan14

Below average-to average on offense. Absolutely terrible on defense and has really put us at a disadvantage at points in this series. Mike Brown doesn't make any adjustments though when he sees them continually getting torched, so I can't put all the blame on them.
yeah their defense together does not work at all. blake always ends up guarding someone bigger than him and as stu lantz would say he doesnt have enough in his back pocket to defend bigger players. especially when andre miller posts him up.

This dude Bynum has a birds nest in his head, why doesn't he cut that he probablly isn't getting any butt.

As mad as I might want to get about not switching out Blake since it was just a shade over obvious they were attacking him, Ron bein out is that issue.  Ron in the game changes Andre Miller's "advantage"  quite a bit.  So while I do not enjoy watching the same player get burnt over and over and over again, he is dealing with a key defender missing.  So I won't totally kill him.  Even if he did have other options he could use. 

Some of you guys are so shortsighted with your Mike Brown hate.
laugh.gif
That's why it's so easy to respect the opinions of dudes like CP, even though his take on MB is different than mine. Look at how many other GLARING problems CP has pointed out other than MB since the playoffs started. Does that mean his take on MB has changed?
laugh.gif
Yeahno.
laugh.gif
But he is NOT the only problem, despite the infatuation w/ him that some of you have.

When Bynum is getting pushed around, Blake is gettin abused, Pau is allergic to the rim, Ron is out, and we're relying on a bunch of no-names & rookies, all you can point at is the dude w/ the thick glasses on the sideline?
laugh.gif

I don't know if you're directing that at me ska, but I'm not killing Mr. Potato Head for once. It's just the facts of this series with Ron out right now. Ebanks and Barnes have been so ineffective this series therefore almost but forcing Brown to get them off the court down the stretch, that also moves Kobe to the SF and has him being played by Gallo which is a tougher matchup than would Bean being checked by Dre or Affalo. Ron puts everyone back in their proper places and allows us to play winning basketball.

All that being said, it wouldn't hurt if he could try and make offensive to defensive substitutions for once when the opportunities present themselves.

Nah, if I was directing it at you, I'd've quoted you. Not like I was being attacking or disrespectful so I was trying to vaguely address someone.

It's a bunch of folks still on this "It's all Mike Brown!" kick, and that's what I was responding to.

There are just so many problems, and you just listed another one I failed to list: the ineffectiveness of Barnes and Ebanks.

I mean, honestly, if Sessions and Blake aren't getting it done as a tandem while Kobe's resting, and Ebanks is ineffective, and Morris is terrible, who the heck else is supposed to get thrown in as a guard?
ohwell.gif

Sessions; on the court already
Kobe; resting
Ebanks; ineffective
Pau; not a guard
Drew; not a guard

Morris; sucks
Murphy; not a guard, or good
Hill; not a guard
Ron; out
Blake; STRONG liability on defense
Barnes; ghost status

Sessions/Blake, Sessions/Morris, Sessions/Barnes, Blake/Morris (I just threw up a little in my mouth), Blake/Barnes, Blake/Ebanks, Sessions/Ebanks... how's Kobe supposed to get rest?
ohwell.gif
Sessions/Barnes & Sessions/Ebanks works somewhat, but not w/ the 2012 playoffs Barnes and the inconsistent Ebanks.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

This dude Bynum has a birds nest in his head, why doesn't he cut that he probablly isn't getting any butt.
it's playoff hair . Players do this all the time. Grow full beard, long messy untamed hair etc

He said the other day he growing his fro out. he said he had a big afro in highschool and he wants it back. he said itll take about a year and he'll probably end up like dr. j.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP:
Blake getting RIPPED to SHREDS on defense.
He absolutely was.
mad.gif
thachosen123:
vanexellent:
Lakers two 7 footers on the floor is actually a disadvantage against the Nuggets on defense I believe.
I've been saying this for a while, and it's not really just against these nuggets. Any team that doesn't have a traditional frontcourt like we do has an advantage over us
30t6p3b.gif

Y'all crazy. When Pau/Bynum are both in beast mode, we are a championship team. Period. Pau beasting = hitting shots, spacing the floor, interior passing/lobs, rebounding. Bynum beasting = rebound, blocks/deflections, rebounds, lobs/put backs, and rebounds. If they both do that for an entire series, we are NOT losing 4 games in that series.

And how often does that happen ska?
laugh.gif

The whole issue is about managing the minutes/situations better. 

We're down 15, 5 minutes left.  Horrible offensive game.  Poor spacing, lack of hustle, easy missed shots, all of it.  Barnes is off, Blake didn't even really attempt any shots til the 4th, all of it, blah. 

So now, we hit the 5 minute mark, Kobe (who did not sit in the second half) decides to go nuclear.  Offense is his, nothing to lose, let him go. 

Ok, so why have Blake in?  Spacing? 
nerd.gif
  He wasn't shooting.  That 30 foot bank miracle don't count, he was not shooting.  So why not see that, we're down to Kobe hero offense anyways, let's get a defender in there.  This is a "defensive minded" coach, right? 

Kobe hit as many 3's as we could ask for.  He scored enough points to get the job done.  But Andre Miller countering those buckets by Kobe, were counterproductive to winning.  We should not have been defending him with Blake. 

Wait, I got it, we'll put Blake on Affalo.......now Affalo scores.  Hint hint. 
laugh.gif

Blake spacing is fine, I get we need a shooter.  Barnes ain't cutting that right now.  But if you are seeing your team make a furious comeback by one of the most talented scorers of all time, and you have your 2 7 footers on the floor, and your shiny new PG as well, why would you not put one extra defensive guy out there, be it Barnes or Ebanks?  Both are capable of cuts to the hoop if they get left alone, hell, that might draw the help, and Kobe can kick to Pau or lob to Bynum, either way, MAKE THE NUGGET DEFENSE MOVE and then Kobe can get the ball where it needs to go.  Either shoot (most likely) or pass (maybe once). 

We had a chance to watch our offensive weapon unleash, we just needed someone to help get stops, we didn't get that chance.  After the first 3 buckets by Miller, I thought, iono, maybe we would make a switch?  Maybe?  I beg you?  Please? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Again, if Ron was available, we don't have this talk.  So I can't blame him all the way.  But there were options.  We didn't have to ride with Blake.  Maybe he was just sticking by him for game 4, hell, Phil has stuck with Fish for years, and that paid off all the time.  So maybe that was this.  Maybe it will pay off later, but we had a chance to end this series.  It was right there.  But Andre Miller kept getting buckets.  One after another, after another, after another. 
laugh.gif

Oh well, I want to see Pau and Bynum combine for 125, 70 rebounds, 22 assists and 43 blocks tomorrow night.  Dead serious, they owe me.  I'm *%!$%! tired of watchin Faried and the dumb *+%! outwork, outhustle, and out play them.  There is no excuse for that.  I don't give a *@%+ if Kobe shoots 30 times and you don't like it, then you should have plenty of chances for rebounds you morons.  Get me some boards and buckets.  Then hustle down and block shots and rebound more. 

I remember everyone saying they love "YOLO" Bynum... It isn't funny because he hurts the Lakers far more than Kobe shooting in bunches..

Barnes and Ebanks have been ineffective...on the offensive end.

Blake has been ineffective...pretty much everywhere save the 1st game. When you are making a improbable comeback like last night, you need to get stops on the other end and when Bean was going crazy, Basic Game was coming right back making that damn near impossible. Denver and LA took enough timeouts to have an offensive-defensive switch. Just didn't happen. I really have yet to see MB make any type of adjustment at all during this series, just sits there with his goofy glasses and mouth wide open.

And as good as Bean is, this team will go as far as Bynum's head takes us, still too damn immature and just detrimental at the wrong time. He needs to get through his skull that his main job should be defense and rebounding and if he does that touches will and should come his way on offense, not the other way around. He was giving no dambs at all in help D or playing the ****** Javele McGee last night. Inexcusable in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I remember everyone saying they love "YOLO" Bynum... It isn't funny because he hurts the Lakers far more than Kobe shooting in bunches..
He didn't start to play until he got that Fastbreak dunk in the final 4 minutes.

thachosen123:
23ska909red02:
thachosen123:
I've been saying this for a while, and it's not really just against these nuggets. Any team that doesn't have a traditional frontcourt like we do has an advantage over us
30t6p3b.gif

Y'all crazy. When Pau/Bynum are both in beast mode, we are a championship team. Period. Pau beasting = hitting shots, spacing the floor, interior passing/lobs, rebounding. Bynum beasting = rebound, blocks/deflections, rebounds, lobs/put backs, and rebounds. If they both do that for an entire series, we are NOT losing 4 games in that series.
And how often does that happen ska?
laugh.gif

That's my point, though: that doesn't happen that often anymore, and that has nothing to do w/ MB.

The good thing is as long as they dont blow this series we get Ron back for gm 1 against OKC. We need everybody ready to go for that series.

This dude Gasol needs to wake the @#@# up
30t6p3b.gif

That's where my frustration stems from Ska. It's almost as if people point to Mike Brown as the PRIMARY reason for our struggles. I said earlier in the season thread that I feel he's responsible for 30-40% of our team struggles, but these playoffs? Last night especially? How do you not place the brunt of the blame on the players?

Furthermore, let's touch on Steve Blake. Obviously Andre Miller had a great offensive day against him. But you can't ignore the fact that Blake hit two threes in the 4th. I believe one cut it to 13? Not to mention the clutch offensive rebounds/assists he made. The first Sessions three came off a Blake offensive rebound and assist. The second Sessions three (the one that would have tied the game in the closing seconds) came off an offensive rebound and would-be assist. Also, he tied somebody up driving to the hoop and got a jump ball call in the 4th. There were several heady plays and clutch contributions aside from shooting that Blake put on. You got to put it all out there if we're going to criticize.

And speaking of criticism. How do people debate you being the best center in the league if you're getting schooled by Javale McGee? It's laughable. No way should this guy be flying by you, around you, like you're standing still. Our bigs are supposed to be our strengths and they were DOMINATED last night, specifically Bynum. Do you take Bynum out too because McGee is having his best professional night against him? Nope.

its times like these where you wished fisher was here instead of blake. at least fish draws charges. id think he'd be capable of guarding miller too.

until the last 3-4 minutes of the 4th, every single player's effort was near non-existent. i was mad confused with this game. its like they were trying to lose the game, but all of a sudden, in the final minutes decided to go for the win (well kobe at least)

cant really blame brown on this one. the 8 guys that played just half-assed everything.

it wasn't kobe missing the 3, it was ramon.

*edited*.. its too bad.. no one cares about kobe's 3s, or sessions other 3. LA choked. LA couldn't back up Bynum's swag. LA got JAVALLED MCGEED! smh

"kobegod" Clutch. Oh.

Drew is right about close out games being easy. Dont believe me check SPURS-LA 03 WCSF and BOS-LA 08 finals.
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom