Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Sole MAX

2-5...
smh.gif

This team sucks...
No... The Lakers are just that good.
wink.gif
The Lakers are good... But the Mavericks suck...

The Lakers should have beaten this team by 20, especially when Dirk couldn't make a shot all night and Josh wasn't playing...

Co-sign, the Mavs bring more positives out of this than the Lakers. LA should have destroyed this Mavs team.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

pimp.gif
Closer to the lottery and/or blowing the team up.
Blake Griffin! *crosses fingers*
so with him that means that soft bum Dirk would be on his way out soon about time u see the light
pimp.gif
If they blow up the roster, Dirk is the first to go... He's the only guy with real value at all...

Put him on a team with another legitimate star, and we'll see what happens... Worked wonders for that can't hack it loser Pau...

Dirk will not be the first to go, he will be the only one left on this team if they blow it up

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

I think this "Fan Night" thing is a bad idea.
The Lakers game next Tuesdays is leading in the polls, and I don't see the trend stopping.
laugh.gif
Like I said earlier in this thread NBA TV might as well just change tuesday's to "Laker Night On NBA TV" whenever the Lakers have agame on tuesdays.
roll.gif

i remember after the finals on a dedicated Laker messageboard, a reliable source who was always right about transactions said that Ariza would opt out and notbe with the Lakers this year. thank god he was wrong this time.

Dirk will not be the first to go, he will be the only one left on this team if they blow it up
Who else are they going to trade and get anything of value for? Keeping Dirk and trying to blow up the roster of the roster makes ZERO sense...

If this thing keeps going this way, they've gotta trade Dirk, Kidd's contract, Howard, Terry, everyone. Blow it up and start over.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

Dampier with 12 offensive boards,

And we had our first triple double of the season tonight..
tired.gif

Damp was out there making drew look like...well damp.
laugh.gif

Ariza jersey is on the way. NBA.com has 15% any one item so its cheaper then what I would have paid at staples.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by DC5 06

Player of the Game: Trevor Ariza
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Once again....

To: Mitch

Please open Dr. Busses wallet and give Trevor whatever he wants. As a matter of fact just leave it with him.

Thanks

Lakers fans..

Next jersey on my list Ariza home authentic.
I'm not worried about this at all. Dr. Buss in his last interview with the local media already said he's going to do what he has to do to keep this team together even if it means paying $10 or $20 million over the luxury tax each season.

Here's the article:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-buss10-2008nov10,0,5322362.storyhttp://www.latimes.com/sp...2008nov10,0,5322362.story

I know...

But people say lots of things.....

I hope he keeps his word.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

i remember after the finals on a dedicated Laker messageboard, a reliable source who was always right about transactions said that Ariza would opt out and not be with the Lakers this year. thank god he was wrong this time.

It's hard to think Ariza would leave LA now though. He's in his hometown and we have a great team that has all the talent to win championships.

Who else are they going to trade and get anything of value for? Keeping Dirk and trying to blow up the roster of the roster makes ZERO sense...

If this thing keeps going this way, they've gotta trade Dirk, Kidd's contract, Howard, Terry, everyone. Blow it up and start over.
I'd love to see that happen, just a complete overhaul getting what we can for each player, just to see something new.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

The Lakers game next Tuesdays is leading in the polls, and I don't see the trend stopping.
laugh.gif
Like I said earlier in this thread NBA TV might as well just change tuesday's to "Laker Night On NBA TV" whenever the Lakers have a game on tuesdays.
roll.gif

Just looked at the schedule, the Lakers have a game on 8 of the next 10 Tuesdays!!!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:
Nowitness41Dirk wrote:

I'd love to see that happen, just a complete overhaul getting what we can for each player, just to see something new.

Damn... 7 games and yall talking about blowing it up?

I don't watch the mavs like I watch the lakers but I have seen 3 of thier games.

They had chances to win the 3 I saw and it just didn't happen. I think this team could be a player or 2 away.

But we all know the kidd trade was horrible.

Right, because Dirk has been terrible for the past 3 years, and especially the beginning of this season, . Watch a few games before you make assumptions, please.
He only shows up when Dirk has a bad night...

I only "show up" when they're on national television and I watch the game.

But I ain't the problem...
laugh.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:
Nowitness41Dirk wrote:

I don't watch the mavs like I watch the lakers but I have seen 3 of thier games.

They had chances to win the 3 I saw and it just didn't happen. I think this team could be a player or 2 away.

Chances to win don't count, this team hasn't look good since we got Kidd. We've had TONS of chances at wins since we got Kidd, weRARELY closed out, only once I can remember off the top of my head, and that's Dirk beating the Jazz. Moving Harris and 2 of our picks was probably theworst possible move we could have made.

Kobe4MVP12 wrote:
Kidskillz858 wrote:
LALAKERFAN213 wrote:
laugh.gif

Like I said earlier in this thread NBA TV might as well just change tuesday's to "Laker Night On NBA TV" whenever the Lakers have a game on tuesdays.
roll.gif

Just looked at the schedule, the Lakers have a game on 8 of the next 10 Tuesdays!!!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I wonder when NBA is going to have to make an "adjustment?" Why did I bother to get NBA League Pass?
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

i dont think bynum has the explosiveness or athleticism to be a great offensive player like shaq, but he really has all the physical length to be like Dikembe.

but not until Pau declines that bynum needs to carry the offensive load, he'll just mature into a 20/14 guy....I really dont see him averaging more than that anytime soon.
He doesn't. No one does (prime). Howard is the closest and he's still not touching the force that Shaq was in the paint .

For now, 10/10 is HUGE, considering we didn't have any of those #s last year.

Btw, Mavericks just need a fresh start and a new core .

The reason wins in those three games didn't happen is because this team just isn't very good... They can't defend, they don'tshoot the ball very well, the perimeter players can't get to the rim, the bigs can't finish around the rim...

Dirk's shooting percentages are way down because whoever is guarding Jason Kidd swarms Dirk every time he puts the ball on the floor... The Lakers did itall night. Once Dirk put the ball on the floor, the Lakers were sending two guys his way... Kidd had several shots tonight where he had all night to shootbecause nobody was within 10 feet of him... This team can't shoot the deep ball very well, so Dirk gets swarmed because nobody can keep the defensehonest...

It's just built all wrong... Dirk isn't the problem. The pieces around him don't fit well with what Dirk does well, and they really haven'tsince Steve Nash and Don Nelson left town... Kidd's style of play would suit Dirk just fine if Kidd were 5 or 6 years younger and there were athletes onthe perimeter, but he's not and there isn't...

I was all for the Kidd trade, but aside from having his massive expiring contract to trade or let come off the books, it backfired...

The reason wins in those three games didn't happen is because this team just isn't very good... They can't defend, they don't shoot the ball very well, the perimeter players can't get to the rim, the bigs can't finish around the rim...

Dirk's shooting percentages are way down because whoever is guarding Jason Kidd swarms Dirk every time he puts the ball on the floor... The Lakers did it all night. Once Dirk put the ball on the floor, the Lakers were sending two guys his way... Kidd had several shots tonight where he had all night to shoot because nobody was within 10 feet of him... This team can't shoot the deep ball very well, so Dirk gets swarmed because nobody can keep the defense honest...

It's just built all wrong... Dirk isn't the problem. The pieces around him don't fit well with what Dirk does well, and they really haven't since Steve Nash and Don Nelson left town... Kidd's style of play would suit Dirk just fine if Kidd were 5 or 6 years younger and there were athletes on the perimeter, but he's not and there isn't...

I was all for the Kidd trade, but aside from having his massive expiring contract to trade or let come off the books, it backfired...

Is kidd's deal up this year?

Yeah it is. I was down for the deal as well, but Harris WAS my favorite Maverick for a while while he was at the Mavericks, it was hurt to see him go.

Is kidd's deal up this year?
Yep... $21 million worth of expiring there... Stackhouse is technically an expiring because his last year is mostly non-guaranteed... The lastyear of Dampier's contract is non-guaranteed, so he's off after next year...

If they can trade Dirk for expiring contracts and young players/draft picks, and find someone to take on Jason Terry, they'll be in good shape for the 2010free agent class...

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I wonder who would be interested in Dirk
nerd.gif

A team with a huge expiring contract and alot of picks.
Cleveland?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

They may not get Kidd, but Dirk on the Cavs anyone?
laugh.gif

I think Dallas WILL bounce back if Cubans realizes he needs to do an overhaul, because Cuban makes it so that players want to come to Dallas, he treats themlike kings.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I wonder who would be interested in Dirk
nerd.gif

A team with a huge expiring contract and alot of picks.
I was getting at which teams would be willing to offer that though.

I think it'll be a borderline playoff team trying to put themselves over the top.

Back
Top Bottom