Lakers vs Mavs post..

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
Lakers getting exposed out there just like i predicted. Told ya'll, no way in hell the Mavericks start 0-3 at home, no way. This game is curtains for the Lakers in the second half
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I was hinting at Cleveland.
Wally has 14 mil expiring.

He can be Cleveland's Kwame Brown to the Mav's Pau Gasol.

Messed around with Trade Machine and got this
nerd.gif

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.

cle.gif
[h2]Cleveland Cavaliers[/h2]

[table][tr][th=""]Incoming Players[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
609.jpg
[/td] [td]
Dirk Nowitzki
Salary: $18,077,904 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 25.2 REB: 7.2 AST: 1.8 PER: 24.38
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: J.J. Hickson, Wally Szczerbiak, Eric Snow

dal.gif
[h2]Dallas Mavericks[/h2]

nophoto_35.jpg
[/td] [td]
J.J. Hickson
Salary: $1,329,480 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.0 REB: 1.0 AST: 0.0 PER: 21.61
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
831.jpg
[/td] [td]
Wally Szczerbiak
Salary: $13,775,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 7.3 REB: 1.1 AST: 0.6 PER: 11.72
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
796.jpg
[/td] [td]
Eric Snow
Salary: $7,312,500 Years Remaining: 1
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Dirk Nowitzki

Cleveland?
That was my initial thought, too... Maybe Miami looks at Dirk and figures why wait for Boozer or Bosh when they aren't guarantees on the FAmarket? They might be a team you could talk into Jason Terry or Dampier, too...

Wally World, Eric Snow, 2 first rounders for Dirk?
Some deal with Dirk, Shawn Marion, and picks?

I don't know, I'm not real good gauging this type of stuff... Don't you have to get at least one young guy though? Seems like what Minnesota gotfor Garnett is too much to hope for, but just a salary dump and picks isn't enough... I dunno...
NY.
nerd.gif

Wouldn't exactly fit their plans... Can't see them sacrificing that 2010 window for a move that won't put them in seriouscontention...

That's the exact same scenario I had
laugh.gif

Does Cleveland still have all their picks in tact for the next few years?

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

laugh.gif

Yeah, but does Dallas trade Dirk for two picks that'll be in the late 20's or 30's? If you give LeBron a guy like Dirk, he'swinning the East...

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

nerd.gif

cle.gif

609.jpg
[/td] [td]
Dirk Nowitzki
[/td] [/tr][/table]

dal.gif

nophoto_35.jpg
[/td] [td]
J.J. Hickson
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
831.jpg
[/td] [td]
Wally Szczerbiak
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
796.jpg
[/td] [td]
Eric Snow
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The cavs are going to file for relief of snow's contract because of injury.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif

Yeah, but does Dallas trade Dirk for two picks that'll be in the late 20's or 30's? If you give LeBron a guy like Dirk, he's winning the East...

That's the thing though, it would basically be like early 2nd round picks from Cleveland.
And that move would put the Cavs over the top.

BUT, I don't see Cuban pulling the plug on this team yet.
If they continue to struggle, then you might as well blow everything up.

They should have tried a draft day deal for Dirk.
Maybe to Miami for their pick and Marion, naw
laugh.gif

I just don't see the Mavs getting THAT much for Dirk.

laugh.gif

Yeah, but does Dallas trade Dirk for two picks that'll be in the late 20's or 30's? If you give LeBron a guy like Dirk, he's winning the East...
You figure a team trading for Dirk is looking to put themselves over the hump to possibly get a championship, so the Mavs should expect getting acouple of first rounders in the 20s to go along with an expiring contract or two and prospect.

Dirk will not be the first to go, he will be the only one left on this team if they blow it up
Who else are they going to trade and get anything of value for? Keeping Dirk and trying to blow up the roster of the roster makes ZERO sense...

If this thing keeps going this way, they've gotta trade Dirk, Kidd's contract, Howard, Terry, everyone. Blow it up and start over.
They will keep Dirk to see this thing out because 1. Dirk and Cuban are close. 2. Dirk has alot invested in this team.

The value this team has is Josh Howard, plus the expiring contract of Jason Kidd. You have to try and deal them, plus you can use Bass and Stacks contracts.Thats all you have to work with.

nerd.gif

cle.gif

609.jpg
[/td] [td]
Dirk Nowitzki
[/td] [/tr][/table]

dal.gif

nophoto_35.jpg
[/td] [td]
J.J. Hickson
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
831.jpg
[/td] [td]
Wally Szczerbiak
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
796.jpg
[/td] [td]
Eric Snow
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Are you serious dude? This trade would never happen. Those players Dallas would get back are TRASH!!

What about Orlando?

A D12-Dirk combo would compliment each other real well...A deal would probably revolve around Hedo (who can be a FA after this season), a couple of expiringcontracts and pick(s).

I wonder if the Blazers are hanging on the edge of playoff contention around the deadline if they'd have any interest in a guy like Jason Kidd... Not gonnaput them over the top, but would probably get them in the playoffs and he'd be a good guy to have around their young guys for a playoff push... He'splaying well this year, the pieces just aren't there in Dallas for it to work...

Maybe you swap Kidd and Raef's contracts, and get them to throw in one of their young project types and a pick? Again, I dunno...
Are you serious dude? This trade would never happen. Those players Dallas would get back are TRASH!!
It's not about getting players back... It's about clearing cap space and rebuilding...
They will keep Dirk to see this thing out because 1. Dirk and Cuban are close. 2. Dirk has alot invested in this team.
Then this team won't be going anywhere any time soon... They're tried to see this thing through with Dirk, it hasn't worked... Theydon't have the assets to blow up the roster and rebuild around Dirk while he's still useful... It makes no sense to keep him around if you're gonnarebuild...

And if Cuban does that just because they're close, he's doing Dirk a disservice by keeping him in a situation where he isn't going to win...

laugh.gif

You figure a team trading for Dirk is looking to put themselves over the hump to possibly get a championship, so the Mavs should expect getting a couple of first rounders in the 20s to go along with an expiring contract or two and prospect.

Good point, Dallas is not going to get something like the T'Wolves got because Garnett is considered to be worth more than Dirk is.

If you're rebuilding, you don't trade expiring contracts(Kidd), unless you get a great offer or an expiring contract + picks/young players back.

Dirk will not be traded unless he demands one. Mark my words.

If you're rebuilding, you don't trade expiring contracts(Kidd), unless you get a great offer or an expiring contract + picks/young players back.
Well, that's what I'm saying with Portland... Raef is still a big expiring, so it's still somewhere to start... Problem is, theyprobably don't have to contracts to fill out the rest of the deal...

If they can get Raef's expiring contract coupled with a couple of Portland's available prospects (Frye, Outlaw, Bayless?) then the Mavsshould think about it
nerd.gif

Memphis got what was perceived as trash last season and look what they turned it into...Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur, Javaris Crittenton, one morefirst round pick from the Lakers in '10 and cap space.

Cleveland?
That was my initial thought, too... Maybe Miami looks at Dirk and figures why wait for Boozer or Bosh when they aren't guarantees on the FA market? They might be a team you could talk into Jason Terry or Dampier, too...

Wally World, Eric Snow, 2 first rounders for Dirk?
Some deal with Dirk, Shawn Marion, and picks?

I don't know, I'm not real good gauging this type of stuff... Don't you have to get at least one young guy though? Seems like what Minnesota got for Garnett is too much to hope for, but just a salary dump and picks isn't enough... I dunno...
NY.
nerd.gif

Wouldn't exactly fit their plans... Can't see them sacrificing that 2010 window for a move that won't put them in serious contention...

Hell NO. I don't want to see Dirk in a Heat jersey, even if it does bring him closer to a ring. ANYWHERE BUT. If we get expirings now, I'mafraid we'd splurge THIS summer and not NEXT summer. Having over 40 million in expiring contracts in one year would be great, but I would also like SOMEkind of young talent in return.

Some situations (if we are going to get expiring contracts for summer of 09)

ATL- Marvin Williams, Bibby, Zaza Pachulia, and Mo Evans and some picks for JET and Dirk. 19 million in expiring from those two, and Marvin Williams/Mo Evans.
CHI- BG, Deng, Simmons and Gooden and a pick for Dampier and Dirk. ~15 in expirings, and Luol Deng.
CLE- As stated, Wally World, Eric Snow, and Boobie Dirk and filler, 20 million in expiring, a young perimeter player who isn't terribly overpaid.
GSW- Harrington, Kelenna, and Brandan Wright for Dirk (might not work, I don't think the 125% rule will let this slide, but they can throw in another bumor something).
Indy- Marquis Daniels, Jeff Foster, Rasho, Tinsley and a pick for JET and Dirk (Expirings galore, and Tinsley, who needs a new situation I believe).
MEM- Toine, Darko, Marko, and Gay for Dirk and Bass.
NJN- Devin Harris, Mo Ager, and KVH for Jason Kidd.
NYK- Stephon, Lee, Chandler for Dirk and George.
OKC- Wilcox, Marshall, Joe Smith, D. Mason, Jeff Green, Rob Swift for JET and Dirk. (We get a young stud in Jeff Green, and Wilcox if we want to keep him).
POR- Bayless, LMA, Outlaw, LaFrentz, and Bayless for Dirk and filler. (Three young prospects, still a nice chunk of change out of our pocket).
SAC- Salmons, Moore, and Bobby Jackson for Dirk.

Just some rough sketches of what we COULD get. The best looking of the bunch is Portland, I'd love to have LMA and Outlaw on this team.

eek.gif
at this turning into a Mavericks offseason thread
laugh.gif

good win by the lakers tonight... it was good to see the team get tested on the road... ariza and pau were ballin out there...

see you LA fans in the hornets game thread
pimp.gif

6-0
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom