[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
With the whole coaching thing, sorry to bring it up again, but I have to.

I think D'antoni is a good maybe even great? coach. In terms of X and O's he's awesome. Some of the plays we come up with out of time outs are great. Remember that one national televised game where JVG called out what Phil drew out because he was that predictable. 

Also, there is no one really out there available that is better than D'antoni.

Now with all that said, I have always felt this guy would never win a championship. His system just doesn't seem conducive to championship basketball. I'm not saying I'm right. Now, I do feel like he got extremely unlucky in PHX in 2007, but unfortunately people don't remember these details, they just remember the champion. 

Now to all the D'antoni guys, @CP1708   @sea manup   and who else, I'm just curious do you guys see D'antoni as the coach that can lead the Lakers to a championship? Obviously with a competent roster. I just can't see him leading the Lakers to a ship. I always felt like there's something missing with this guy beyond his system. I feel like he isn't a true leader and just can't picture him as the true Lakers head coach. 

Just hit up Dfish and make him the coach. Groom him 
laugh.gif
. What's kind of weird is I'm only half kidding 
mean.gif

Could he? Sure. But there needs to be a massive talent upgrade.

Will he? Doubtful. I think he'll get canned sometime next year. Mid-season or after, I'm not sure.

The same way you need a rim protector next to love you need some real men next to Dantoni. He's a crybaby and hard headed. Would be absolutely insane if him and Phil could somehow work together, that would be :wow:

Will he? Doubtful. I think he'll get canned sometime next year. Mid-season or after, I'm not sure.
I can see him getting fired this off-season. If not I think he'll stick around next year and ride out his contract. That's what I see, but I just don't know what it will be. If I were a betting man, I'd bet he's out this off-season. 

I know you're big on Embiid. If we somehow were able to get Embiid, would you want/mind D'antoni as the coach? I really wouldn't want him as the coach in that case. 

I can see him getting fired this off-season. If not I think he'll stick around next year and ride out his contract. That's what I see, but I just don't know what it will be. If I were a betting man, I'd bet he's out this off-season. 

I know you're big on Embiid. If we somehow were able to get Embiid, would you want/mind D'antoni as the coach? I really wouldn't want him as the coach in that case. 
I'd let him start the season.

The first sign of misuse (of any of the prospects) and he's gone. :lol:

The first sign of misuse (of any of the prospects) and he's gone.
laugh.gif
Really wouldn't be mad at that, but wouldn't it just look unstable for the Lakers to be firing coaches mid season (i.e. Mike Brown situation). I'm pretty sure the organization wants to start getting more organized rather than having these interim coaches etc. At least that would be my thought process, especially when you are hoping to develop your future star player and the perception of the Lakers recently even if its unwarranted.  

The first sign of misuse (of any of the prospects) and he's gone. :lol:

Really wouldn't be mad at that, but wouldn't it just look unstable for the Lakers to be firing coaches mid season (i.e. Mike Brown situation). I'm pretty sure the organization wants to start getting more organized rather than having these interim coaches etc. At least that would be my thought process, especially when you are hoping to develop your future star player and the perception of the Lakers recently even if its unwarranted.  
Touche.

Knicks offer Phil a position in the front office

I will say this. If Jim lets pj go to Ny that is a huge fail and unforgivable. No excuse to let that happen

wiggins or exum would fit great with dantoni

jabari will also work fine

if we end up getting embiid then i would look for other coaching options, maybe give a young guy a tryout next year as a place holder till we find the right coach or he proves to be a good coach 

I will say this. If Jim lets pj go to Ny that is a huge fail and unforgivable. No excuse to let that happen
What do you want Phil to do with for this organization? I constantly hear this, but I don't see what he'd do? 

Jim buss should tread lightly if this happens. The hatred goes to frank McCourt levels in los Angeles.

But I have a bad feeling it's gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom