[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure we could have gotten Doc had we fired MDA and Kobe not willed us to the playoffs.

Nah 2010 is still fresh on his mind plus DAntoni went 40-32 to his 41-40 record w/ the Celtics.

For the Anti MDA would you take a flier on Vinny Del Negro? went from 32, 40 to 56 wins. :lol:

that clearly won't work has had their chance

Why is it that Mike "clearly won't work?"

Does it matter? He's getting canned soon whether we want it or not.

You wanna discuss future coaches? You want top 5? You wanna discuss options?

Okay. I'm doing it. I'm bringing up that point for our search for his replacement.

Good coach or not, we both know he's gone whether this season or next.

So let's stop going in circles with MDA as a coach and rehashing the same points and do what you brought up, discuss future coach.

Last edited:
the thing about the spo situation is that he was trained by the front office (pat riley)

like if phil was gm then brian shaw would be a good option, if hes having problems he can just walk across the hall and ask the gm for advice

we have jim buss and mitch, not your ideal coaching mentors for a young up and coming coach

If the Lakers were gonna go through a coaching change, they don't have to be recognizable names like L2B said.

But I still see no indication Mike's job is on the line. Jim and Mitch could've been meeting with him about anything.

Spo was ONE example.

I clearly said there are hundreds of hungry coaches out there. Obviously they're not all great.

Do some homework. Scout. Discuss. Interview.

How do great coaches become "great?"
You think they were just born great?
No.

They were given a chance, they took the chance, they worked hard and excelled.

They don't always workout, but give someone young and credible a chance.

(When they fire MDA inevitably, I'm not saying just choose someone young now and fire him. But they're firing him... Whether we want it or not. So when they do, why not look for some fresh blood?)

Do some damn research and find someone hungry, passionate and smart. We don't know them, but they're out there.

MDA isn't the only "good" basketball coach available on planet earth :rofl:

Again, I might not know Who is, but a professional franchise has the resources to find out.

Last edited:
I'm just praying the Bulls FO keeps pissing Thibs off. What's your 5 CP since we know his days are numbered.

I brought up that excerpt from the book the other day that spoke on us Firing Paul Westhead, WHO WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH US.

So we went to Pat Riley, with a LOADED roster, and won more titles.

Riley left

We got Mike Dunleavy, who reached an NBA Finals, but lost, and then he lost one of the best 5 players in NBA history, and we fired him within a year. He had a winning record overall.

We brought in Randy Pfund,, we fired him within 3 years.

So next we went to Magic Johnson, and well, yeah......

So we went to Del Harris. He ALSO had a winning record, and he lasted a little longer, won a coach of the year award, but we fired him within 5 years.

So we could get Kurt Rambis, who lasted one season, he ALSO had a winning record with us.

So we brought in Phil Jackson, with a LOADED roster, and won more titles. (just like Pat Riley)

Phil left, so we got Rudy T, a former championship coach, and he had a mental breakdown, and left midyear, with a winning record no less.

So Phil came back, we RE-loaded the roster, and won more titles.

Mike Brown came in, and we fired him within a season, with a winning record.

Mike D came aboard, has a winning record, and we'll be firing him shortly.

The ONLY, two coaches, we have liked, since 1980 fellas, are Pat Riley, and Phil Jackson, who had absolutely ******* LOADED rosters with which to work with.

When our talent level drops, we scream and ***** and piss and moan, and demand firings.

Rather than just let the coach, implement a system, let the GM draft/sign players to fit said system, and build a winner.

We could do that, when we could overspend for talent, or steal #1 draft picks away, like Magic, Worthy, and Kobe, but now that those days are over, and the CBA levels the playing field, we all seem to be stuck in fantasy land, thinking we can just buy whatever we want, each year, and ANY coach can do the job or something. (or rather, only Phil can)

No matter who we bring in this year or next, the roster will be crap. And if it takes 1-2 years to build any sort of decent talent, that guy will also get fired.

Don't worry about all that tho guys, just yell and scream for a new coach, cuz they always seem to be the problem, no correlation to talent levels that rise and fall over time.

Just the head coach.

Now, let's go get us another sacrificial lamb to ***** about. :smokin

I'm just praying the Bulls FO keeps pissing Thibs off. What's your 5 CP since we know his days are numbered.

Other than Mike, Jeff Van Gundy is the only guy that is worthy, and he has no reason to be a part of this disaster until the roster is improved. (see, Riley, Pat, and Jackson, Phil.)

Young guys, I like Monty Williams, who will get murdered by Laker fans without a brain. He'd have no chance to survive.

No one else matters to me, they won't make it. Mike is better than everyone else (that is possible) except Van Gundy. No Spo, no Tibbs, no Pop, no Carlisle, no point.

Anyone else brought in is a downgrade, so it won't matter.

And if they call and beg Phil, it would only get worse within the Org. :lol:

iS1TMPhDdp1NV.gif

the only time i think a coach will truely have affect on this team is when kobe is gone.

Likely to be the only time we can clear up the roster as well, is when his salary is no longer taking up a third of the cap.

Which ain't the coaches fault neither.

Back
Top Bottom