[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
The way some of you think Phil would be great in player personnel choices reminds me a lot of Brian Shaw being a great head coach.

I would want him to be a coach of the coaches. Don't travel with the team, don't run practice but always be in arms reach and be in charge of getting all the coaches on the same page. Like a tex winter on roids. I can really see him and Dantoni being brilliant together if they put egos aside.

He shouldn't have input on personnel. Let mda do his thing, Phil just takes him under his wing and shows him how to polish his game

If he had the same type of influence as a GM only with a different focus and comparable pay he would take it. Lot of factors to dissuade an old man about to get married from up and leaving across the country

Last edited:
The way some of you think Phil would be great in player personnel choices reminds me a lot of Brian Shaw being a great head coach.

I knew you'd say this

But I want to clarify my stance.

I know Phil isn't the best scout or player evaluator, but I'd love with him Jim and Mitch to be able to talk and all of them have input on it.

The three before were Mitch, Jim and Dr. Jerry buss.

R.I.P. Dr Jerry buss, but I think if you add phil in the mix, it can't go too bad.

I would never want him with sole control over the basketball choices though.

Last edited:
There's nothing that shows he wouldn't be great at picking players for the team, but there's also nothing that shows he would be great at it 
laugh.gif

Actually I'm leaning towards him being bad at it with how obsessed he was with playing Luke Walton, and Dfish. Also he wanted to trade Kobe in his prime, but that is because he didn't get along with him. I'll give Phil the benefit of the doubt, he is a great basketball mind, but let's not get carried away. 

Didn't he pick the coach the Pistons just fired? I could be wrong about this. 

And what head coach would agree to have a coach,coach him?
laugh.gif
 Yea that makes sense. And why would Phil even accept that type of role. He wants more. He won't get it here with Mitch at the helm. He wants to be Riley.  

With all that said I still would want him to be involved with the Lakers though. 

I knew you'd say this

But I want to clarify my stance.

I know Phil isn't the best scout or player evaluator, but I'd love with him Jim and Mitch to be able to talk and all of them have input on it.

The three before were Mitch, Jim and Dr. Jerry buss.

R.I.P. Dr Jerry buss, but I think if you add phil in the mix, it can't go too bad.

I would never want him with sole control over the basketball choices though.
yeah, which is why there is no way he would pick LA over NY since he would only have some input here while his power level in NY would be over 9000

Yea Phil isn't exactly stubborn more so just out of touch. He's flexible enough to adjust his style but doesn't really have a great eye for young talent.

Just had a funny thought... as much as coaches preach sharing the ball and team play, I wonder if a staff of super coaches could actually work. Imagine some combo of Phil, mda and thibs :lol:. Who runs practice? Who takes a paycut for the good of the team? :lol:

I can't stand it when a guy on defense stands 5 feet away and just let's the pg see the whole floor and make an easy pass. Like playing prevent d in football.

Team is so wack :lol:

And someone tell me how we'd only be like 4 games out of the 8th seed if we played in the east :lol: x2 (Dallas who is in 8th in the west would be 3rd in the east)

Idk why but this whole season just seems fishy bros. It just seems like the ultimate comeback story in the making.

Super glad to be wasting a year in the repeater so Hill and Kaman can rack up DNP's. Awesome times Mitch. :pimp:

Idk why but this whole season just seems fishy bros. It just seems like the ultimate comeback story in the making.

Ever heard of the clippers?? They were terrible for years now fat Charles is saying they're the best in the west. Fa duck?

Back
Top Bottom