[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
The Nets wanted a pick from us for Hill. Something they were not going to get. Nor should the Lakers have done it under any circumstance.

Kaman was not going to be a salary dump. There would have been contracts coming back. Any trade Sixers made or were looking to make had certain players going out.

Again even with being a repeater this year, has no impact on us. Because there's no way that we are a luxury tax team next year. Simply based on the assets we have. The S&T still is on the table, if they stay under $76mil next year. And there isnt anyone Lakers will use a sign and trade for because it would mean trading our 1st. The full MLE would be wasted if we had it next year in preventing us from building after that. We won't be a lux tax team in 14-15. Then take $9.7mil off that making it really unlikely to be one 15-16, because of the assets that would be available. Then take $25mil off our salary from 15-16 going into 16-17 making it unlikely to be a luxury tax team in 16-17.

Last edited:
Yeah, only half the NBA called for Hill tho. Forget the Nets, SELL the worthless ******* player now plastered to your bench.
Mitch wanted to "stick to his guns" and only make basketball moves, that IS a basketball move. Dump the contract.
Same with Kaman.

If we're going to pay the tax, and not reset the repeater, then TAKE Turner and the 2 2nd round picks and use those pieces, not Kaman's worthless rotting corpse.

OR

Simply sell Kaman. "Dump" whatever.

The market was there. Pau deal(s), Hill offers, either could have been done, then you simply kill Kaman-Blake at the deadline, and you're set.

Stop thinking the Nets-6ers were the only possible deals.

Like I said, shoulda been done way before deadline. Days before. Mitch sat there bluffing and demanding and being stubborn about "we don't salary dump". Mitch ends up with nothing. And us screwed for it.

You act like Mitch said no to that Turner deal.. Again, Sixers wanted a third team involved, and we couldn't find one in time. That happens all the time, and a team swooped in with a better deal.

We'd have to dump Kaman & Hill to get under.. Those deals were not there. Hill to the Nets was the only trade where there was a salary dump, and that would have had us sending picks out, all of the others had similar value salaries coming back. We weren't going to get $8+ mil off the books. It wasn't going to happen. It was a pipe dream, and one that the Lakers didn't even set for themselves.

You keep saying he failed, but by a metric YOU set, not one that the Lakers set.

Seriously CP, you are just as bad as all the people you say you block. You just happen to be searching for something else to blame.

Last edited:
The Nets wanted a pick from us for Hill. Something they were not going to get. Nor should the Lakers have done it under any circumstance.

Kaman was not going to be a salary dump. There would have been contracts coming back. Any trade Sixers made or were looking to make had certain players going out.

Again even with being a repeater this year, has no impact on us. Because there's no way that we are a luxury tax team next year. Simply based on the assets we have. The S&T still is on the table, if they stay under $76mil next year. And there isnt anyone Lakers will use a sign and trade for because it would mean trading our 1st. The full MLE would be wasted if we had it next year in preventing us from building after that. We won't be a lux tax team in 14-15. Then take $9.7mil off that making it really unlikely to be one 15-16, because of the assets that would be available. Then take $25mil off our salary from 15-16 going into 16-17 making it unlikely to be a luxury tax team in 16-17.
do you think they will stay under 76mil next year though?

do you think they will stay under 76mil next year though?

Yes. They couldn't get there if they tried.

Because cap is at $62mil. With roster space cap holds, almost all of the roster will be signed at the cap. Once we go over cap, we'll only have the MidLevel & Veteran's minimum.

No feasible way to get to $76mil

Last edited:
You act like Mitch said no to that Turner deal.. Again, Sixers wanted a third team involved, and we couldn't find one in time. That happens all the time, and a team swooped in with a better deal.

We'd have to dump Kaman & Hill to get under.. Those deals were not there. Hill to the Nets was the only trade where there was a salary dump, and that would have had us sending picks out, all of the others had similar value salaries coming back. We weren't going to get $8+ mil off the books. It wasn't going to happen. It was a pipe dream, and one that the Lakers didn't even set for themselves.

You keep saying he failed, but by a metric YOU set, not one that the Lakers set.

Seriously CP, you are just as bad as all the people you say you block. You just happen to be searching for something else to blame.

Why, because I don't blindly believe what they spin?

Not enough time eh? Why not get deals done sooner, ya know, like I asked for since December?

Doing either Pau deal would have done everything needed, easy. Drop under tax, clear out any chance for unneeded wins, more minutes for Sacre-Kelly, even Hill if they wanted to try that.

And listen to what you're saying. "No way" we reach tax next year. And why is that?????? Because we'll still suck.
You said you want to win every year, same as me. You said this team was a playoff team this year, clearly they failed. So to TRY and get back on top, they "could" try to reload this year, yes? Not that we should, but we "could" try.

They "could" have pushed all in, Top 3 pick, go at Lance, Monroe, Bledsoe, Lowry, Z-Bo, Hayward, old man Kobe, various spares like Wes, X, Farmar.

They'd at least try to get lucky with those pieces, younger guys rather than Nash-Pau-Blake.

Instead, they are now telling you, in February 2014, we suck royally this year, and we ain't spending next year, so we're gonna suck royally again. TWO years of this (which you know why I am ok with that part :lol: )

So, "basketball moves" is now straight up telling you a year ahead of time, we aren't even gonna try next year. At all. Stay below tax (when they simply could have done that this year, in a KNOWN wasted season)

And you're gonna tell me he did something of value?

The thing is, you know I want our top 5 next year. YOU wanted Melo (or Bron, but we all want that one) YOU wanted to be back in place next year, then add Kevin the following summer.

NOOOOOWWW you just gobble up whatever Mitch says and say "yeah, I like it, leggo".

Naw man. He straight up overplayed his hand. He pushed for too much in any Pau deal, both with Cleveland, and Phoenix. He left his only out as Hill-Kaman at deadline, then ran out of time there because he didn't have any leverage.

In the end, with pure luck, maybe it works for me since we could pull our top 5 pick back.

If we land at 6, can't wait to hear you spin how great Mitch is doing cuz you don't have the stomach to say anything truthful about the franchise. :smh:

Yea they gotta keep kent and P.... Meeks and Wes can kick rocks

My only concern is with P and him dealing with the spot light.... GQ mag covers and snow bunnies can make a pimp lose sight :lol:

I'm reading multiple Laker fan tweets to hire George Karl after the season.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Mediocrity about to become the goal for these morons. :smh:

****** if they hire Karl I'm done with this goddamn franchise.

In other news Wiggins exploded for 41 :wow:

karl.gif

[quote name="CP"]I'm reading multiple Laker fan tweets to hire George Karl after the season.

Mediocrity about to become the goal for these morons. :smh:[/quote]I KNOW!!! >:

THE GUY WE HAVE NOW HAS BEEN WAAAY MORE SUCCESSFUL!!!

>:

[quote name="CP"]I'm reading multiple Laker fan tweets to hire George Karl after the season.

Mediocrity about to become the goal for these morons. :smh:
I KNOW!!! >:

>:[/quote]

But...but...

He would of been with Rondo and Gortat and Jordan and Pippen and Charles Barkley and Larry Bird and Bill Russell.

Last edited:
"Weeeee have to reset the repeeeeeerrater :frown:"
"Actually it's damn near impossible for us to be over the cap the next few seasons"
"..........you have to traaaaaade hill/kaman! Dnp again?????? :smh:"
"Thought you didn't want them playing here anyway to get that top 5 pick?"
"......youuuuuu haaaaaavvvve to traaaaade pau! Get under the tax at all costs!"
"But... We're not gonna be over the cap anyway so..."
"And whyyyy is that?? Because we suck :lol: :wow: :wow: :frown: :smh:"
"I thought you wanted to suck to get that once in a lifetime draft pick? If he's as good as advertised we probably won't suck that hard next year"
"......meaningless wins!!! :Rollin :Rollin :frown: :* :wink:
"Bottom 4 record despite not making those trades...."

I kinda like cp now, he's a riot. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next :lol:

Originally Posted by CP  
I'm reading multiple Laker fan tweets to hire George Karl after the season.

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Mediocrity about to become the goal for these morons.
mean.gif
I KNOW!!!
mad.gif

mad.gif
But...but...

He would of been with Rondo and Gortat and Jordan and Pippen and Charles Barkley and Larry Bird and Bill Russell.
This always gets me.

Ohhh he coulda had deng, gortat rondo,

Like the suns would have drafted them, or they would have turned into the players they are today.

Situation has alot to do with what players become.

deng and gortat are garbage.

along with that garbage second cousin of raymond felton known as kyle lowry that u guys obsess over my god i hate him

would rather have steve blake than lowry

^ Stop talking basketball because clearly you need to watch synchronized swimming or something that doesn't require much thinking.

Back
Top Bottom