[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
The same way it wasn't working with Mike Brown. You were so hell bent on firing Mike Brown it's like you feel you have to hold to MDA and hope it works out. He's flat out not that good of a coach.

Forgot about this part. Mike Brown was terrible man. He's not even close to the same thing. I had 937 reasons why he had to go, all of them were the same. He sucks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But no really, Brown is an awful coach. He rode Bron for a few years, and got some contracts, but we've all seen him since, we know the deal.

That's the thing though. Prime Nash, Amare, Matrix aren't going to be walking through that door. That's the only time MDA has had success. He has to have the PERFECT players that will do what he wants, I don't think we'll have the flexibility to do that.
Kobe will be here for 2 more years. he's gonna be the dominant player in the offense, he wont be anything less and we know this.

can Mike D maximize role players around Kobe? im not too sure about that...we'll see though

doc rivers was considered a terrible coach from 1999 to 2008, thats 9 years of not proving himself

but he gets the right players around him and suddenly hes one of the best coaches in the league

That's the thing though. Prime Nash, Amare, Matrix aren't going to be walking through that door. That's the only time MDA has had success. He has to have the PERFECT players that will do what he wants, I don't think we'll have the flexibility to do that.

Mamba, tell me about Doc in 2007 and Pop in 1996.

Explain to me how Mike has to have PERFECT players for him to be good, but Doc and Pop are somehow different from that???????

doc rivers was considered a terrible coach from 1999 to 2008, thats 9 years of not proving himself

but he gets the right players around him and suddenly hes one of the best coaches in the league
perfect players? every point guard hes coached has had career years, hes the reason we know who kendall marshall is

guys like love and exum would fit perfectly into dantoni's system and if the FO is smart they would get players that fit into what hes trying to do. hes made so many scrubs this year look half decent, imagine what he could do if he actually had half decent players to begin with

Explain to me how Mike has to have PERFECT players for him to be good, but Doc and Pop are somehow different from that???????

I just think those guys have a knack for one focusing on both sides of the floor for one, and two maximizing the talents, roles, and egos of their players. Mike is so hellbent on making ppl fit into his system that it detracts away from the strengths of some of those players. Pop and Doc are more willing to adapt to their personnel see when Tony and Manu joined Tim, and Doc with the Clippers now.

It's not just with us, MDA was terrible in NY too.

I understand people are frustrated, but cutting the coach does nothing guys. It does, literally, nothing.

This team is not a coaching issue. It flat out saddens me people think it is somehow.

You guys realize that not even a week ago, Jeff Van Gundy was PRAISING Mike D'Antoni for keeping the Lakers hungry and fighting game in and game out, despite all the losing.

You guys realize that this team, full of young, patchwork pieces, play together, get along, pass the ball, hustle, and just come up short because they don't have their 1-2 superstars like all other teams have? Mike gets that out of them.

He has them focused on what he's trying to teach them. He puts them in positions to succeed.

Everyone was pissed at him playing Wes at the 4, but Wes was playing well in that role, and they won a couple games, suddenly everyone goes quiet on the subject. Then Anthony Davis drills us, one of the best teams in the NBA drills us, and now the whole fanbase wants him out.

72 hours ago he won in Portland, with a dog**** roster. :smh:

A week ago, Jeff Van Gundy was praising the man. (Van Gundy is not one to baby or sugar coat opinions)

We fought the Heat both games this year, down like 3 in the final minutes. No quit.
We fought the Bulls both games, no quit.
We've beaten the Clips, the Rockets, the Blazers.

With a terrible roster. And no Kobe, and no Nash.

Bazemore and Brooks on the team for 2 weeks.
Marshall off the street.
Kelly a rookie.
Sacre the 60th pick in the draft a couple years ago.

Injuries to Kobe, Nash, Pau, Farmar, Nick Young, X, Hill, Blake, Meeks.

And people want to chop the coach. THE COACH, for all this? Not the GM, not the owner, not the training staff, not the players, one ******* guy in a suit.

:smh:

When you guys get what you wish for, and another coach comes in, and still loses, this year and next, who will you blame then? The coach again? Me? CP3 veto?

When will you guys get it?

Even though you guys won't get through to seaman or cp because they keep thinking when we complain about MDA were blaming him for the roster (which I keep saying we're not but keeps being ignored... He's not at fault for the NBDL talent or injury bug or Mitch's recent mistakes )...

Thank God for some reinforcements against Pringles as our future head coach. I don't have to stress or use much energy typing today. I'll just be chillin with my Mountain Dew protein shake.

View media item 845183

I just think those guys have a knack for one focusing on both sides of the floor for one, and two maximizing the talents, roles, and egos of their players. Mike is so hellbent on making ppl fit into his system that it detracts away from the strengths of some of those players. Pop and Doc are more willing to adapt to their personnel see when Tony and Manu joined Tim, and Doc with the Clippers now.

It's not just with us, MDA was terrible in NY too.

Mamba, no.

Don't tell me what you know about Pop and Doc NOW, tell me, in 2007, when Doc was losing his *** OFF, why he won the title the next year?
When Pop was losing his *** OFF, in 1996, and suddenly was great the next year.

Tell me about THOSE YEARS, not the years thereafter.

I don't know why CP keeps using Phil as a example, they're 2 totally different coaches. It ain't working man. :lol: This dude has to go.

What isn't working?

Tell me, what isn't working this year, compared to 2006? Please, list the differences for me.

The same way it wasn't working with Mike Brown. You were so hell bent on firing Mike Brown it's like you feel you have to hold to MDA and hope it works out. He's flat out not that good of a coach. We've seen him in PHX, NY, and now with us. You using Phil, Pop, and Doc Rivers having some bad seasons is pointless. He's not in their league. You're acting he's some young coach who just needs a chance to prove himself. We know his track record and it's not much.
The players weren't responding to Brown and had tuned him out, whereas the the players are still playing hard for D'Antoni.

Last edited:
He knows everything about defensive effort because he's spent 5700 years balling at the Water Buffalo Lodge practicing defensive fundamentals.

flintstones_L03.jpg

Last edited:
CP knows everything about anything that's happened in basketball both on and off the court.

He knows what went down in every gm's office in history.

He knows everything that's went down in every locker room of every nba team on every game day in nba history.

He knows everything about coaching because he has 20+ years of basketball coaching experience.

He knows everything about defensive effort because he's spent 57 years balling at the YMCA practicing defensive fundamentals.

Basically he knows everything.

So listen, when he speaks. Or you will be yelled at and given a time out block like mutombo in the thread.

There is a difference between losing, and what happened last night...

MDA isn't a horrible coach, he's just not good and not for this team.

Like Big Game James said last night, they have no idea what they are doing on defense, none whatsoever...

This team shouldn't be this bad defensively, they have good guard defenders, MDA is just not putting them in a position to succeed.

I can understand wanting to tank, but this goes beyond tanking, this was a 48 point drubbing to one of our rivals, and did you hear MDA's post game presser, sounded like another loss. One thing to lose, one thing to have that lackadaisical attitude about it, your team is going to take on that personality.

At this point it really isn't whose better coach out there, but any one else at this point would be better, the team has given up on MDA, it was fun and games when they were scoring in the 100's and getting their points, but losing and losing by this much can't be good for team morale.

If he's back next year, I really would be surprised, he needs to go, the team needs to start over, and first and foremost that starts with that defensively inept coach MDA

pmatic pmatic , just one question.

Are the players not supposed to be playing hard when they're all playing for contracts?

Even if Rck was the coach you don't think they'd still be playing hard considering they don't have a guaranteed spot on an nba roster next year?

I guess that's 2 questions.

You'd have to be a complete idiot not to play hard when millions of dollars on the line. No matter the coach.

I mean, after all... Like CP said, Pau's meaningless stats are only happening because the trade deadline passed and now he's playing for a contract. And he's clearly not a MDA guy.

Can't it be the same for the rest? Serious.

Okay, so it was 3 questions... Sue me :lol:

Last edited:
Mamba, no.

Don't tell me what you know about Pop and Doc NOW, tell me, in 2007, when Doc was losing his *** OFF, why he won the title the next year?
When Pop was losing his *** OFF, in 1996, and suddenly was great the next year.

Tell me about THOSE YEARS, not the years thereafter.

Well 1996 was Pop's first year as a head coach so I don't know what he would have proven in a season's time and in 2007 Doc was losing I'm not sure what you're getting at. You mistake my point I believe. I'm not blaming MDA much if at all for THIS season, I know the roster sucks.

From day 1, when he was hired after we fired Mike Brown, I voiced my displeasure of the hire saying he wasn't the right fit. He was just the offensive version of Mike Brown. I know the roster has to be improved, I'm just saying even with an improved roster, I don't think MDA is a championship caliber coach because he only focuses on the offensive side of the ball which has never produced trophies. Until he shows a willingness to put emphasis on the defensive end of the floor and soften his rigidity on having to run his system, he'll NEVER taste chips.

Us getting Exum, Love (one of the worst defensive elite players in the league) and whoever else isn't going to bring us closer to the title with MDA stuck in his same ol ways. He's not some rookie coach or spring chicken anymore, He is what he is. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Last edited:
I don't know why CP keeps using Phil as a example, they're 2 totally different coaches. It ain't working man. :lol: This dude has to go.

What isn't working?

Tell me, what isn't working this year, compared to 2006? Please, list the differences for me.

The same way it wasn't working with Mike Brown. You were so hell bent on firing Mike Brown it's like you feel you have to hold to MDA and hope it works out. He's flat out not that good of a coach. We've seen him in PHX, NY, and now with us. You using Phil, Pop, and Doc Rivers having some bad seasons is pointless. He's not in their league. You're acting he's some young coach who just needs a chance to prove himself. We know his track record and it's not much.
The players weren't responding to Brown and had tuned him out, whereas the the players are still playing hard for D'Antoni.

We just got beat down by 50 last night, these players don't care about MDA. And we can point to many other games where this team didn't show any effort or discipline. This type of year is on the players and the coach. It's not one or the other.

@PMatic, just one question.

Are the players not supposed to be playing hard when they're all playing for contracts?

Even if Rck was the coach you don't think they'd still be playing hard considering they don't have a guaranteed spot on an nba roster next year?

I guess that's 2 questions.

You'd have to be a complete idiot not to play hard when millions of dollars on the line. No matter the coach.

I mean, after all... Like CP said, Pau's meaningless stats are only happening because the trade deadline passed and now he's playing for a contract. And he's clearly not a MDA guy.

Can't it be the same for the rest? Serious.

Okay, so it was 3 questions... Sue me
laugh.gif
nothing wrong with thinking that playing had is mostly on the players rather than the coach, as long as that line of thinking is consistent

like im not going to bring up "he has these guys playing hard" as a pro dantoni argument out of the blue

but..

if i read someone saying "i think brad stevens is a better coach than dantoni because he has his players playing hard out there" (i have read that in this thread)

then...

"look at how hard dantoni has all these guys playing!"

Pau

Farmar

Marshall

Three guys who have publicly spoken against the system and how they play.

These guys aren't playing hard for Dantoni.

These guys are playing hard cuz they are all auditioning for there next teams.

Back
Top Bottom