[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Idk why kobe loves pau

He should love me
roll.gif

I mean, this has to be rock bottom, right?

This one isn't totally on MD but he had a lot to do with it. This team plays NO defense, none! Yeah you heard that over and over but its true. You got Steve Clifford coaching the Bobcats and their actually top 10 in most defense statistics this year. Maybe MD does tell his team to play D and they just say no thanks, i don't know.

This one hurts cause its the damn Clippers, its Doc who i still find annoying mainily from his comment about his Celtic team "the starting five has never lost". You got CP3 who should of been a Laker and you got D Jordan who looks like he can't read and Matt Barnes is winning man, his wife is hot.

Anyways lets keep the L's coming:pimp:

Last edited:
I'm still mad that Kendall Marshall hit that shot at the end.

It woulda been 50!

Were atrocious.

I just hope we don't get Embiid somehow. Dude is a ticking time bomb.

This team doesn't suck because of the coach.

He's not the only reason but he's definitely part of it. A bum roster with a coach that's non confrontational and who doesn't care about defense is a bad mix and we're seeing the result. He's not the right coach to lead this team in the future, just get it over with.

Last edited:
48 points to the clippers....

i was so annoyed by these clipper fans last night..."clippers own LA, this is Lob city" 

any dummy can see the clips have a better team, no ****...LA is still a laker town, thats not gonna change

one thing for sure is that MDA really, really, really, really sucks at managing egos. really sucks. I almost think he is part of the team just so Rambis or somebody can steal his offense. he might be an offensive innovator that helped change the game but he is very far from being a good coach or leader. how hard is it to get along with Pau, seriously? dude would have Tim Duncan demanding a trade and banging everybody's wife just to get off his team.

one thing for sure is that MDA really, really, really, really sucks at managing egos. really sucks. I almost think he is part of the team just so Rambis or somebody can steal his offense. he might be an offensive innovator that helped change the game but he is very far from being a good coach or leader. how hard is it to get along with Pau, seriously? dude would have Tim Duncan demanding a trade and banging everybody's wife just to get off his team.
only if they were white

Mike didn't build this team. It ain't his fault.

Phil had a horrible team, Kwame, Smush, Luke.

Phil also had 27 year old Kobe single handedly winning games.

Mike has no 27 year old Kobe, but he does have Smush, Kwame, Luke.

Get that thru your thick *** heads.

Phil Jackson would lose his face off with this group. So would Thibbs, Pop, Doc, etc.

Doc Rivers got MURDERED in Boston for years. Got KG + Allen, won a title.

Does Mike have a KG + Allen to coach?

Buy a damn clue folks. Coaching don't cause 50 point games. Not Doc winnin by 50, or Mike losin by 50.

Same coach won IN Portland 72 hours ago.

Phil lose his *** everytime with Shaq, Kobe, Pau, Bynum, etc.

This team doesn't suck because of the coach.
are you arguing he's not horrible or that he's a good coach moving forward and rebuilding?
i dont think he's bad i just dont want him on a competing lakers team

D'Antoni is a good coach.

This roster is not his fault, it's the hand he's dealt.

Get him a good roster, and the team will win again, with Mike.

Again, I used Phil in 2006 for a reason. That was a rebuild. Post Shaq, teardown of a team, with 1 mega superstar. Everyone else was youth, built around him. Bynum, Farmar, Sasha, trade for Ariza, Turiaf, etc. Then they brought in a vet that Kobe trusted, Fisher, and made the deal for Pau. Boom, in the hunt.

They built those young pieces. Taught them the system. Worked them in practice, games, etc. Remember Farmar playing in playoff games when Smush got benched and Nash tearing Farmar apart. All part of the process.
When the roster improved (youth gets more experienced, Pau trade) suddenly Phil goes back to reaching Finals again.

Was Phil Jackson a bad coach in 2007, and a great coach in 2008? :nerd:

Mike may get fired soon. Don't matter. Mitch has ****** everything else up the last two years, might as well screw this up too.

But if Mike stays, and they take their time, and rebuild this team THE RIGHT WAY, say a top 4 pick this year, luck into keeping their Top 5 pick next year (long odds) sign Love, clear Kobe off the books and bring in another star in 2015 or 2016 (Rondo, LMA, Russ, Durant, whoever) then Mike will have 3-4 top end players to work with, rather than 7-8 lottery rejects that have been cast off and you people demand to be playing elite defense, and beating playoff teams that have Granger, Baby Davis, and Crawford all coming off their bench. :lol:

If Mike gets time to coach a rebuilt roster, he will start winning, in time. If they get stupid and impatient, they will fire him and waste time with yet another coach that won't be as good. And the fanbase will rejoice, not knowing a damn thing about what they are rooting for.

I swear when Blake caught that oop and literally destroyed the rim I could see Laker souls ascend to heaven

I just wish this was on TWC so I could hear Big James lol

I swear when Blake caught that oop and literally destroyed the rim I could see Laker souls ascend to heaven

I just wish this was on TWC so I could hear Big James lol

absolutely. you guys can always watch access lakers after the game though. you get all the commentaries and post games.

Nah MDA has to go. He isn't the entire problem but he damn sure isn't part of the solution, he wasn't a good fit. He has to have the PERFECT roster to maximize his system and we don't or won't have that for a while so why keep him around.

Mike Brown was a mistake cause he only focused on one side of the floor. Pringles is the same way. And I don't want to hear the half the league is running his stuff, he hasn't had any success since Steve Nash stopped winning MVPs in PHX. He quit on the Knicks, I wouldn't be opposed to him just walking away from LA.

That was an embarrassment last night though, the team quit before halftime which is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Phil JAckson wouldve lost by 40 last night... just look at the damn starters.

Clippers wanted to make a statement and they did.

Those same guys beat Portland in Portland where we never win. They've given effort for the majority of the season at the very least against much more talented teams, they gave up last night before the break.

Phil JAckson wouldve lost by 40 last night... just look at the damn starters.

Clippers wanted to make a statement and they did.
against one of the worst teams in the league? 

clips made a statement when they extended cp and traded for doc "im shining " rivers....

this was no statement to the clippers, clipper fans on the other hand ...

Last edited:
Man last night really was like that scene from Rocky when Apollo was getting his *** kicked by the Russian:

"Throw the damn towel!!"

Back
Top Bottom