[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Mamba, you don't keep firing coaches til your team is better. That equates to changing systems over and over again, meaning no players get used to the system.

Bottom line, you draft to the coaches system. Get Mike Exum, and suddenly his PG driven system has a starting point. Stretch 4 Kevin Love, and system getting "better" ain't it?

Scott, Shaw, Rambis, all the other coaches, won't change anything in terms of winning. This is a crap team, patched together after Dwight left. This was known coming into the year (at least by some)

Firing the coach changes NOTHING but making the fans happy, because the majority of our fans don't know what they're talking about these days.

*Make no mistake, I fully expect the fans to push for Mike to get canned, and Mitch to once again react and do it. It will make me laugh, but at this point, oh well.

And so help me god if they try to go get George ******* first round Karl
mean.gif

Last edited:
they were out for blood yesterday since we beat them on our season opener by double digits. RIP mjsf, yesterdays kill should have diluted the levels of salt you showed in the first week :nerd:

Greg Popovich was 17-47 his first year in San Antonio.

Doc Rivers was 24-58 and won the Championship the next year.

TELL ME ABOUT COACHING FOLKS. TELL ME HOW IT ALL WORKS.

Mamba, you don't keep firing coaches til your team is better. That equates to changing systems over and over again, meaning no players get used to the system.

Bottom line, you draft to the coaches system. Get Mike Exum, and suddenly his PG driven system has a starting point. Stretch 4 Kevin Love, and system getting "better" ain't it?

Scott, Shaw, Rambis, all the other coaches, won't change anything in terms of winning. This is a crap team, patched together after Dwight left. This was known coming into the year (at least by some)

Firing the coach changes NOTHING but making the fans happy, because the majority of our fans don't know what they're talking about these days.

*Make no mistake, I fully expect the fans to push for Mike to get canned, and Mitch to once again react and do it. It will make me laugh, but at this point, oh well.

That's been the problem though, they're guys that are tailor made to run his system. There's not another Steve Nash, Amare, Shawn Marion etc. that we can acquire that will maximize what MDA brings to the table. Kobe is taking up half the cap and as you yourself have said Mitch hasn't exactly batted 1.000 lately.

The front office in disarray have shown the propensity to make rash decisions so I don't see how after going through what will be the WORST season in franchise history, Jim ol clown *** will want to bring him back. That really is the crux of the problem though, the front office doesn't have a clue what direction they want to go and until that gets figured out, we'll continue to flounder and be a laughing stock. This all offense approach has historically never produced titles though, that you can't debate.

That's been the problem though, they're guys that are tailor made to run his system. There's not another Steve Nash, Amare, Shawn Marion etc. that we can acquire that will maximize what MDA brings to the table. Kobe is taking up half the cap and as you yourself have said Mitch hasn't exactly batted 1.000 lately.

The front office in disarray have shown the propensity to make rash decisions so I don't see how after going through what will be the WORST season in franchise history, Jim ol clown *** will want to bring him back. That really is the crux of the problem though, the front office doesn't have a clue what direction they want to go and until that gets figured out, we'll continue to flounder and be a laughing stock. This all offense approach has historically never produced titles though, that you can't debate.
You've obviously haven't met CP.

Get ready for emoticons galore.

and mtn dew,

the front office doesn't have a clue what direction they want to go and until that gets figured out, we'll continue to flounder and be a laughing stock.

So let's fire the coach...........

:lol:

I apologize early today guys, Portland fans suddenly want to talk basketball with me today, I already have guns in both hands and I'm lettin em fly.

Scumbag CP here today. :lol:

well doc was gifted kg and ray alllen, vets not rookies and through building

greg p had Robinson, a young elliot and an again dominique...the team didnt turn around until TD arrived

at that time building through the draft was the only way they could compete.  small market wasnt gonna dole out big $ like the Lakers did

we were 14th last year (better than over half the league) in opponents fg%

4th in opponents points per shot

we just play at a fast pace so both teams score a lot of points

I don't know why CP keeps using Phil as a example, they're 2 totally different coaches. It ain't working man. :lol: This dude has to go.

What isn't working?

Tell me, what isn't working this year, compared to 2006? Please, list the differences for me.

The same way it wasn't working with Mike Brown. You were so hell bent on firing Mike Brown it's like you feel you have to hold to MDA and hope it works out. He's flat out not that good of a coach. We've seen him in PHX, NY, and now with us. You using Phil, Pop, and Doc Rivers having some bad seasons is pointless. He's not in their league. You're acting he's some young coach who just needs a chance to prove himself. We know his track record and it's not much.

Last edited:
doc rivers was considered a terrible coach from 1999 to 2008, thats 9 years of not proving himself

but he gets the right players around him and suddenly hes one of the best coaches in the league

1. what is the clear direction you're talking about

2. what coach would be hired to lead us there

3. our entire roster might leave this offseason, is that not cleaning house

1. What type of philosophy and team they want going forward, ie (star-laden team like before, more balanced overall, tempo they want to play etc.)

2. Find the coach that best implements said philosophy.

3. So you have the entire roster gone and keep the same guy at the helm. That's not cleaning house, everyone must go (except Bean, Nash, Sacre, Marshall) since they're under contract unless you can find a sucker to take them.

I don't know why CP keeps using Phil as a example, they're 2 totally different coaches. It ain't working man. :lol: This dude has to go.

What isn't working?

Tell me, what isn't working this year, compared to 2006? Please, list the differences for me.

The same way it wasn't working with Mike Brown. You were so hell bent on firing Mike Brown it's like you feel you have to hold to MDA and hope it works out. He's flat out not that good of a coach. We've seen him in PHX, NY, and now with us. You using Phil, Pop, and Doc Rivers having some bad seasons is pointless. He's not in their league. You're acting he's some young coach who just needs a chance to prove himself. We know his track record and it's not much.

K.

So when he won 62, 54, 61, and 55 games in a 4 year stretch, that track record is nothing, right? And the 51 playoff wins in those 4 years, not on par with anything Pop or Doc did BEFORE they landed their superstar franchise players?

How bout we try this on for size then.

Everyone payin attention? Everyone watchin?

Mike D'Antoni, takes over the Suns, and goes 21-40. .344 winning percentage. (everyone see this? Ya with me?)

THE NEXT SEASON FOLKS

62-20

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT Changed?

He got Steve Nash and his lottery pick Amare.

Same ******* coach, different ******* players.

Guys, you can fire Mike tomorrow, we still have the same garbage players. Get a clue please. It's not the coach. Get Mike better players, then wins will come.

We need better players. Not better coaching.

This is going on every page in the thread.

this is year 1 of rebuilding

losing is supposed to happen

its good that we lose and get a good draft pick

you dont rebuild for a year, realize your team sucks and try to clean house

doc rivers was considered a terrible coach from 1999 to 2008, thats 9 years of not proving himself

but he gets the right players around him and suddenly hes one of the best coaches in the league

That's the thing though. Prime Nash, Amare, Matrix aren't going to be walking through that door. That's the only time MDA has had success. He has to have the PERFECT players that will do what he wants, I don't think we'll have the flexibility to do that.

Damn the wins, we're all about banners right, at MDA's height of success, he never even made it to the Finals so miss me if I don't think he's the guy to have parades back down Figueroa.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom