[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
dodged a bullet tonight

good L 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I can't wait for this season of hell to finish so I can go back to voting for my goddamn team. 

How can some be mad at the team on the court tryna win games haha ...still don't understand it haha. It's one thing to be mad at the front office. But to be mad at the players for not trying to win is kinda senseless. But whatever it is what it is with the crowd in this forum

How can some be mad at the team on the court tryna win games haha ...still don't understand it haha. It's one thing to be mad at the front office. But to be mad at the players for not trying to win is kinda senseless. But whatever it is what it is with the crowd in this forum

Our future >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> meaningless wins.

i dont mind the team trying to win, i just hope the opponent tries harder and plays better than us :lol: |I

Our future >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> meaningless wins.

No I agree 100%
But you can't get mad at the players for playing lol. Let the front office worry about tanking. But you can't get mad at the players or coaches for playing with heart and pride. That's ridiculous

We all enjoy the players playing hard. I just wish them playing this hard was for the #1 seed not to move down the draft ladder.

Great loss.

CP, the thing you're neglecting about the Nash trade is that we were trying to win NOW.

Yes, in a long-term plan, trading for a 38-yr-old is type stupid.

But trying to win RIGHT NOW w/ Kobe & Dwight, picking up the reigning assist-leader is smart.

And before you flip out... I'm not even defending it. Honestly, go back and check my responses to that trade. I was giddy about, Dwight, and posted about it. Giddy about Gasol, and posted about it. SUPER giddy about CP3, and Artest. Posted about them.

Nash? My responses were like "Ummmm... I guess. :\ "

But... I can see the thinking. "We're setting up a Kobe/Dwight lineup. Need a 'quarterback'. Who lead the league? Go get him."

Last edited:
Put on some Metallica or FFDP and hand me a glass of milk w/ some mint Oreos and the Lakers* on my tv.

You'll see giddy.

*Or Angels. :smokin
*Or Phoenix Marie, Jesse Jane, Bree Olson, or Kagney Linn Karter. :nerd:

Last edited:
Had a mint Oreo blizzard the other night.

Enjoyable.

And we traded for Nash, without having Dwight yet.
Just for clarity. (I know they knew they would be pursuing Dwight, just saying, Nash came first)

Here's the thing.

Everything connects. Not 1-2 pieces, ALL.

You have aging Kobe + aging Pau + aging Ron. Win "now". Ok, I get that. I see it, hear, fine let's go.

Now, you set up ENTIRE roster to come off books 2014 minus one extra year for Nash + if you pull Dwight long term. I see it, you see it, that's "the plan".

I'm still on board.

Now, the problem. Dwight doesn't resign. You know IMMEDIATELY you are not a title team.
Kobe has a torn Achilles. You QUADRUPLE know you are not a title team.

A.....DJUST.

You, have, to, adjust.

HAVE to.

You went all in, fine, failed, ok, now ADJUST.

What did Mitch do??????? With options now, follow me, what did he do?
Over pay Kobe.
Not sell Pau to reset tax.
Not sell expiring vets Hill-Kaman
Not add picks (Kaman-Philly deal or Pau-Suns)
Not enhance only pick we have for near future.

Started with Nash, nothing but disaster since. He never adjusted to what was happening.

Overpaid 38 year old Nash.
Overpaid 36 year old Kobe.

And they both are hurt. Imagine that.

****, Kobe was already hurt when he paid that deal.

So, we went all in, failed. Rather than pull back, sell some vets, reset tax, maybe recoup a couple picks given away for Nash, he kept wasting resources for.........what?

Middle ground????

Go all in, great. When you bust, reign it back in, clean your tax sheets, empty your vets, try to build again for future. (Max your lone pick).

He did NONE of those things.

ZERO, guys.

Nash was the (bad) start. Dwight was the worst miss, screwing this pick will be next worst, not resetting tax follows that, and if he overspends for Melo, our Lakers are done, DONE, for the next 4-5 years.

45-50 wins and second round flameouts til 2020.

And I ask.......when this part happens, aging Kobe, bad fit Melo, 8th pick rather than 3rd pick, how many more resources will he sell/trade to nudge that garbage over the top?????

Could flip 2017 picks, 2019, etc.

A never ending cycle of average.

Started with trading for a 38 year old PG. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom