[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Aaron Gordon
sick.gif

Damn, I ain't even realize all that.

We got a core of Kobe, Pau, LO, Bynum (vet, vet, vet, youth).

With Ariza and Farmar in the cut (youth, youth).

Now, Farmar wanted to go be a starter, so he goes. Still think we could have offered him more, somehow convinced him to stay, but he goes. Pick up Blake. (youth: out, vet: in)

As much as I loved Artest's time, going 'Ariza: out, Artest: in' is still 'youth: out, vet: in'.

Youth movement: out.

Tried to go 'CP3 for Pau and LO'; fair trade. Didn't happen, but still, Kobe and CP3 and Bynum is still a solid core of vet, vet, youth... again, w/ a couple young dudes steadily coming off the bench.

Every team trying to CONTINUE greatness needs a steady MIX of seasoned, talented vets, and a talented, hungry youth movement.

Kobe, Pau, and Artest was our vet core; Bynum was our youth movement.

YIKES.

LO as a veteran leader? Dude broke down from the botched trade; he's out as a Laker.

Pau started taking estrogen pills; he's out as a solid leader.

Bynum threw Barea down and then walked to Philly.

So we're stuck w/ an aging vet and a potential WNBA All Star... and we pick up a 38 year old?!

I see you, CP. 
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

everything was all good just a year ago
laugh.gif

2010 was for pau

2011, we traded away our first for more 2nds (still investing in youth and for luxury tax purposes)

2012 we traded our first for ramon sessions

2013 was the first of the steve nash trade

can you really argue against these moves? i didn't see you complaining about these moves then, but now its the biggest deal in the world.
Cant blame the lakers for trying to go for it while Kobe was still in his prime. this team expects success, we go for it when we can.

everything was all good just a year ago :lol:

2010 was for pau

2011, we traded away our first for more 2nds (still investing in youth and for luxury tax purposes)

can you really argue against these moves? i didn't see you complaining about these moves then, but now its the biggest deal in the world.

I was on board with the Nash trade?

Steve Nash?

:lol: you sure?

CP, Steve Nash?

I said he was better than Fisher at least. :lol: Outside that, I only prayed Dwight would be here long term and the Nash era would end quick.

2010 was for pau

The 2011 draft pick was also sweetner for the Nets to take on Sasha Vujacic's contract to help lessen the luxury tax.

LHS thank you.

Empty or not you act like he's still not competing against nba talent on a nightly basis. No Kobe to take attention away, it's all been on him. And he's STILL producing.

Does it mean anything long term? He'll no.
He'll be gone next year. He's going to ask for too much.

But does it say something about how this guy can play if you show him some love as opposed to singling him out and always having his name in trade talks? A lot.
Unfortunately dude is made
Out of tissue paper.
Emotions and all.

But as a coach, you'd think he woulda realized that and given him his support as opposed to always clashing with him.

I'm not all on Paus side.
I know he's been extra sensitive.

I'm just sayin. He coulda been the bigger and SMARTER man, given Pau PT and support. Firmly told the media he is NOT on the block and he believes in him. Shown some type of support to allow Pau to comfortably play without worrying about trades or coaches hating him.

Jesus, you act like I'm saying it's
MDA's fault Paus soft. I'm not.
I'm just saying, if Pau can hoop with a peace of mind then GIVE HIM SOME DAMN PEACE OF MIND

pmatic pmatic Can Aaron Gordon play the 3, or is he another Derrick Williams? Can he handle the ball at all?
I really doubt he can play SF. Jump shot isn't very good and ball handling isn't tight enough. But maybe it can work if he is playing with really good shooters and playmakers all around him?

He'll be better off if he stays at PF like mid-2000s Shawn Marion or Josh Smith (minus the terrible shot selection).

Was afraid of that.

Little lite to be a PF tho. But great wingspan. But if shooting is an issue, no stretch 4 in him. Ugh.

2010 was for pau

I was on board with the Nash trade?

Steve Nash?

:lol: you sure?

CP, Steve Nash?

I said he was better than Fisher at least. :lol: Outside that, I only prayed Dwight would be here long term and the Nash era would end quick.

moreso referencing the trades prior to the steve nash acquisition.

i understand the frustration and not being able to have youth to develop. i too am jealous of the bulls having jimmy butler, and the heat having norris cole. both very late picks on good teams. but the trades the lakers made were for a certain direction and goal. ultimately, we didn't reach that goal, but i'll be hard pressed to argue against them.

moreso referencing the trades prior to the steve nash acquisition.

i understand the frustration and not being able to have youth to develop. i too am jealous of the bulls having jimmy butler, and the heat having norris cole. both very late picks on good teams. but the trades the lakers made were for a certain direction and goal. ultimately, we didn't reach that goal, but i'll be hard pressed to argue against them.

I was NOT a fan of the Ariza-Ron swap, and Ska will attest to that for me. I opposed that from day 1.
I didn't like letting Farmar go, but I didn't think it would kill us or anything. But I didn't know we would get older, and older, and older at the time either.

LTB, you're drinkin the kool aid.

Pau is balling because he needs a contract, and we're 20 games under .500

Put him in a playoff game TOMORROW, and you're gettin 11 and 7 and no defense. Get real. He's getting stats in meaningless games, period.

we pretty much got equal or better value for most of those traded picks. not directly, but just look at the roster and I would bet most of our young guys now are better than those lost picks.

To be fair tho, Ron did get us 2010 vs Pierce. If Ariza was there that year, I don't know if he holds up enough on Paul. So in that sense, 1 year, it did work.

But over the longer term, I did not like the swap.

in hindsight, it worked out great but i seriously had my doubts when the lakers acquired ron. my main concern for the bos-lal matchup was never focused towards pierce vs ron, it was always pau vs kg so i would think ariza would have been fine

always thought ron dribbled like he had bees chasing him

Last edited:
To be fair tho, Ron did get us 2010 vs Pierce. If Ariza was there that year, I don't know if he holds up enough on Paul. So in that sense, 1 year, it did work.

As an Artest fan, I can't disagree. I pretty much look at his contribution as helping us pay back 2008. No way anyone else in the league contributes the way he did; it literally had to be him.

30 seconds into the 2010 Finals. bahahahahahahaha 
smokin.gif

As an Artest fan, I can't disagree. I pretty much look at his contribution as helping us pay back 2008. No way anyone else in the league contributes the way he did; it literally had to be him.

30 seconds into the 2010 Finals. bahahahahahahaha :smokin  

And that's why I don't tear anything apart about the swap. I wasn't in favor of it, I didn't love it, but it did get 1 extra title, so for that, I can't get too angry about it.

But it does show the trend of pushing out youth over vets.

BTW, 2004, Old man Karl Malone, old man Gary Payton. A trend/pattern.

After he flipped Shaq tho, he went YOUTH movement, all the way down the roster. Which is why I wanted him to flip all these vets this year. Pau, Hill, Kaman, even Swaggy P. Guys who will be almost 30 by next year.

Chad Ford has Julius Randle going to the Lakers at number six (after Embiid, Wiggins, Exum, Parker and Smart) in his latest mock draft.

Analysis: Randle was considered one of the sure things in the draft at the beginning of the season but has struggled with consistency and constant double-teams. He'd be a great addition to the Lakers and perhaps the most NBA ready big man in the draft.

Last edited:
Which would suck because it would defeat the purpose of pursuing Love the next year, potentially the easiest of the bigger name FA's for us to target.

But, can't really complain, Randle at 6 would be a good grab.

sick.gif

Trade the pick if we can't get wiggins or exum.

not a fan of Embiid, dude doesn't run right and is already hurt in college basketball.

Which would suck because it would defeat the purpose of pursuing Love the next year, potentially the easiest of the bigger name FA's for us to target.

But, can't really complain, Randle at 6 would be a good grab.
iono

Man, if we did get Randle and Love...

... bruh... 

... that's a naaaasty frontcourt to move forward with. 
sick.gif
 Obviously, I watch a lot of Randle. He's like the un-Love. SOLID rimgame.

Throw in Love's rebounding and perimeter game and occasional outlets (which would sometimes be to Randle).

That's something, man.

Two big ifs there, 'if Randle' and 'if Love'... but I'm saying... that's something right there.

how is randle defensively? 

a front court of randle and bosh 
nerd.gif

if we do end up getting love wes johnson would average 8 cherry pick fast break points per game 

Back
Top Bottom