[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
This season is like the South Park episode 'The Losing Edge'

Ain't even mad.

179670.jpg

Decent tank schedule:

Rockets @ Magic.. Rockets on tough back to back versus Heat last night
Jazz @ Wizards
Warriors @ Celtics.. Back to back for GSW
Kings @ Bucks
Knicks @ T'Wolves

Last night was a big loss to keep the win total where it should be. A win last night would put this team's confidence sky high. And they probably would have taken two of the next 6. Then when the schedule gets easier for about a week and a half, would have taken a few there. That's why I had them winning more games.

Need to lose against Denver Friday, a game they could very well win. I think they may take one of the back to back OKC games or one of the back to back Spurs games. Simply because they play the same team Twice in a row.

If they lose when they're suppose to, and lose to Denver, they'll enter the third week, 22-45 and have 6 all winnable games to finish the month, unfortunately

Last edited:
Lawson being back, and 4th game in 5 nights, and in Denver "should" help take a lot of our edge off, hopefully.

Put on some Metallica or FFDP and hand me a glass of milk w/ some mint Oreos and the Lakers* on my tv.

You'll see giddy.

*Or Angels. :smokin
*Or Phoenix Marie, Jesse Jane, Bree Olson, or Kagney Linn Karter. :nerd:
damn i did not expect this at all :rofl:

Hopefully Shaw shows his coaching chops that so many predicted he would have.

As disappointing as he's been, the personnel on that team doesn't match his coaching philosophy. (Not making excuses like CP does for MDA, he's been disappointing like I said. But you can tell he's more of a half court guy which Denver is not. Still, I know it's his responsibility to adjust unlike our coach).

I'd still like to see him have more than 1 year before we make a final judgment.

If D'Antoni can get 9 chances Shaw deserves at least 2.

Last edited:
Like benching Pau and trying to turn him into Stephen Curry?

Listen. I kno Pau wasn't exactly playing well Pryor to MDA. Soft as ever. But look at him
Now when he's forced into being he focal point of our offense... Near triple doubles on many nights.

I still don't want him resigned for what he's asking.

But seeing him play the way he has while having the offense tailored around him makes one question what took the coach so long to realize what kind of potential Pau had if he was used correctly last season.

Maybe a little positive reinforcement would of helped instead of making him feel exiled like he did to Jamal Crawford as well.

Like benching Pau and trying to turn him into Stephen Curry?

Listen. I kno Pau wasn't exactly playing well Pryor to MDA. Soft as ever. But look at him
Now when he's forced into being he focal point of our offense... Near triple doubles on many nights.

I still don't want him resigned for what he's asking.

But seeing him play the way he has while having the offense tailored around him makes one question what took the coach so long to realize what kind of potential Pau had if he was used correctly last season.

Maybe a little positive reinforcement would of helped instead of making him feel exiled like he did to Jamal Crawford as well.
Umm, he had to appease to Dwight Howard's ego. I think most would rather have Pau in the post than Dwight (although Pau was pretty terrible in the post last season and the start of this season), but Dwight was a looming free agent with leverage.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That was good LTB.

I love how Pau had the team all to hisself when the season started, when there was "hope" for the playoffs, and he STUNK the joint up.

Now that we are safely 20+ games under .500, and he's "healthy" RIGHT after the trade deadline mind you, he's playing "great". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Not that a new contract would have anything to do with that, nope, not at allllllllll.

Positive reinforcement tho. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MDA's fault. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ugh, my sides hurt. What a way to start the morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I honestly didn't know Kent Bazemore was this good. Fool's gold or not. Scooped him for fantasy. If anything, Bazemore was known for the wild Golden State bench celebrations.

20+ points twice in the last 5 games.

Nah, totally w/ you.

First line to the last.

Another part that I didn't even mention was the "letting go" of youth.

I get that Kobe, Pau, etc were veterans and they were trying to max out that window. I really do get that. But even before the Nash trade came about, they let the younger Ariza walk to get the older Artest.
They let the younger Farmar go to get the older Blake.

And then to follow all that up, sold all their draft picks which are needed to keep youth coming in to develop.

They literally left Bynum as the ONLY player in his 20's behind all these vets. And when they fumed out in 2011, the window essentially closed.

He tried to reopen it with CP3, and it's not his fault that was taken from us, but from that point forward, he went completely sideways.

Again, all in, which is fine, and I understand, but when that began to unravel last summer, that should have closed this chapter of Lakers basketball.

Now we're stuck somewhere in the middle, and our only out is landing a top lottery pick that could help restart the process that he's screwed up. We miss on this pick, it's gettin real dark, real fast.

Hence my angst this season over every meaningless win.

CP, I'm glad you find my thoughts funny.

There's no point in trying to discuss it with you.

At least if P whole heartedly disagrees with me he gives thoughtful reasons why. All you do is post a much of emoticons and mock.

Anything against what you're saying is automatically a joke.

Plus, you're way off on your perception of what I was saying.

Way off.

But continue.

Last edited:
where is the line drawn between 'win now' and keeping the youth?

Ariza wanted more than what he was offered (even tho they ended up giving Ron about the same)
Farmar wanted a team to himself so he can not pass to kobe even more

I gave you PERFECTLY valid retort.

Pau SUCKED to start the year because he's done, been done, and IS done.

As the deadline approached, he "got hurt" and sat out praying to screw over his tradeability. The NEXT DAY, he was back on the court.

LTB, THE NEXT DAY.

And he's played "well" ever since, putting up numbers, in loss after loss. EMPTY STATS on a crap team.

Your point about Mike failed him is so off the mark it's not even funny. Pau is WORTHLESS to a team that actually wants to be good. He's been done for 3 damn years, and people STILL want this guy. :smh: :lol:

where is the line drawn between 'win now' and keeping the youth?

Ariza wanted more than what he was offered (even tho they ended up giving Ron about the same)
Farmar wanted a team to himself so he can not pass to kobe even more

My point wasn't just choosing vets over them tho, it was not backfilling the spots. (trading away more picks, etc.)

Having 5-6-7-8 vets is fine, having 11 is a bit much, ya know? :lol:

If you let Farmar and Ariza go, that's fine, but keep a pick or two in your pocket to "replace" them, so to speak.

Sadly, Ebanks, Goudelock, and Morris failed to work out for us, but second rounders??????

Mitch just went ham after getting Pau.

2008, No First
2009 Sold Toney Douglas
2010, No First
2011, No First
2012, No First
2013, No First

Six straight years without adding a First Round pick. Someone to develop. Youth. Depth, anything. 6 damn years.

Now we have this pick, and no pick in 2015 (unless we luck back into the Top 5)

That's one, single first round pick in a 8 year span. And we wonder why were are struggling. :\

tbh, i never payed much attention to laker draft picks, let alone the draft until probably this year |I

i knew about the process, how it worked, and kept up with the top prospects from each year but never had i read so much about it until recently

never was a fan of college ball and i probably watched more this year than i ever did. still not a fan tho

*shrugs*

Last edited:
pmatic pmatic Can Aaron Gordon play the 3, or is he another Derrick Williams? Can he handle the ball at all?
I really doubt he can play SF. Jump shot isn't very good and ball handling isn't tight enough. But maybe it can work if he is playing with really good shooters and playmakers all around him?

He'll be better off if he stays at PF like mid-2000s Shawn Marion or Josh Smith (minus the terrible shot selection).

Thats my point you still ignore the fact that I clearly said I DO NOT WANT PAU TO RESIGN.

He's going to ask for way too much and I DO NOT WANT HIM BACK.

I know his career is on the down slide.
I know dude is too soft.
I know dude is too sensitive.
I know he SHOULD OF BEEN TRADED.

Jesus Christ. I've said all of that in this thread numerous times.

But to act like his tank is completely empty is naive. You act like he has 0 game left. It's clear he has something left, and if he's used correctly even in this stage of his career he CAN (not the same as WILL), be an asset for a contending team with money to spare.

For our future? He's done man.

Stop with your wild assumptions.

I never said LETS GET PAU BACK.

All I said was he could of done a better job using Pau last year Dwight or Not. SOFT OR NOT.

Empty MInutes or not. The stats don't lie,
He can still ball.

Not for us next season, but for someone.

As soft as he is, MDA acted like dude had 0 game left last year when these "empty stats" recently prove otherwise.

I'm talking basketball.

Stop bringing up Mitch's failure with the deadline. Pau being soft and sitting out has nothing to do with the actual basketball on the court I'm discussing.

I don't want him here anymore for the price he will ask.
He's done to me. As a Laker.

But he has basketball left in him.
Emoticon all you want but it's clear MDA didn't realize Pau had this much game left until recently. And that was a forced realization because of the injury plague. If Dwight had stayed and Kobe was healthy he'd probably
on the bench a lot this year sitting right next to J Chill in 4th quarters when we all know he should be in. Tank or not.

I gave you PERFECTLY valid retort.

Pau SUCKED to start the year because he's done, been done, and IS done.

As the deadline approached, he "got hurt" and sat out praying to screw over his tradeability. The NEXT DAY, he was back on the court.

LTB, THE NEXT DAY.

And he's played "well" ever since, putting up numbers, in loss after loss. EMPTY STATS on a crap team.

Your point about Mike failed him is so off the mark it's not even funny. Pau is WORTHLESS to a team that actually wants to be good. He's been done for 3 damn years, and people STILL want this guy.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
it speaks volumes when a player can play freely without worrying whether he's gonna be around.

this weighed heavy on Pau and you know it. dude is putting up numbers that a player who is "done" shouldnt be. KG is done my man. Pau has 20 +double doubles. the dude is still effective, and yeah i know the team is a bad team. empty stats or not the dude is the #1 option right now when its known he is a #2.  

i like Pau and actually am one of the few who wants him to get re-signed. 

everything was all good just a year ago :lol:

2010 was for pau

2011, we traded away our first for more 2nds (still investing in youth and for luxury tax purposes)

2012 we traded our first for ramon sessions

2013 was the first of the steve nash trade

can you really argue against these moves? i didn't see you complaining about these moves then, but now its the biggest deal in the world.

Last edited:
No, he doesn't have basketball in him.

He has "need to impress next boss for contract" in him.

You aren't getting the distinction.

Back
Top Bottom