[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
i expected a lot more expletives. highly disappointed :\

I did that to Simmons and he blocked me. I didn't want the Lakers to block me. So I toned down the ********** :lol:

If he trades our draft pick, they won't have to block me, Twitter will ban me, Jack Bauer will shoot me, and Staples will turn to rubble. There won't be enough * in the world to use.

I did that to Simmons and he blocked me. I didn't want the Lakers to block me. So I toned down the **********
laugh.gif

If he trades our draft pick, they won't have to block me, Twitter will ban me, Jack Bauer will shoot me, and Staples will turn to rubble. There won't be enough * in the world to use.
simmons cant take criticism...i brought up that his espn articles are the only ones without comment sections

the Sixers and the Los Angeles Lakers were in discussions for the former 2nd overall pick, and were looking for a third team to help facilitate the deal. The Lakers would have acquired Turner and multiple second round picks. Philadelphia would have received Chris Kaman, an expiring contract. Interest in Kaman was first reported by ESPN's Ramona Shelbourne.

I actually thought this was what they were going for because it was reported they were trying hard to trade Turner/Young, then Shelburne reported Kaman was involved in talks with Philly.

It just seemed so damn unrealistic I brushed it off :lol:

So are the Lakers better off staying put, as they did

Or with a new young player, probably a lesser lotto pick, and a couple extra seconds?

Last edited:
turner and multiple 2nd round picks...that wouldve been nice
draft position wouldve still been top 10

Would still likely been top 5. Turner as your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option is a miserable team (See Sixers)

At best 6 man.

But would have been a great trade because again he's a young player and a building block for a title team. If he stinks, he's still young and holds some value.

Again, for others, Mitch was trying to make Trades that benefit the future. This team still sucks, still will be a terrible team. Still will get a high pick. But it doesn't benefit the franchise to trade pieces that matter for nothing. As we've seen Mitch was trying to make something.

I.e. Blake trade, was a great trade for everyone.

Last edited:

turner and multiple 2nd round picks...that wouldve been nice
draft position wouldve still been top 10
Would still likely been top 5. Turner as your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option is a miserable team (See Sixers)

At best 6 man.

But would have been a great trade because again he's a young player and a building block for a title team. If he stinks, he's still young and holds some value.

Again, for others, Mitch was trying to make Trades that benefit the future. This team still sucks, still will be a terrible team. Still will get a high pick. But it doesn't benefit the franchise to trade pieces that matter for nothing. As we've seen Mitch was trying to make something.

I.e. Blake trade, was a great trade for everyone.
this.

dude wasn't making a bunch of money, and if it didn't work out, we coulda traded him at the next deadline cuz he's would have been an expiring.

How did i miss that CP essay? smh lol :rofl: I think after reading that I'm now slowly becoming a fan of CP. :lol: Good stuff CP.

Gonna miss Blake Mamba though :frown:

Complainers.

you are complaining about complaining. so technically you would be a complainer as well correct?

Touche.

But it isn't on a level plane to point out that there isn't a reason to get hyped up that we didn't trade players with value for nothing.

Again I'll point out the Bird Rights, without Gasol.

For example, a team that wants Jordan Hill, but does not have the finances to do so outright, and would rather use their full MLE on someone else.

Let's say the Wolves.

Wolves trade Barrea (a player who they even admit has very little use for them anymore) + a pick for Jordan Hill (who they would have for multiple year), we'd have Barrea for 1. Then they'd still have the full MLE to their discretion.

Or OKC who wants to unload Perkins, yes they can use the amnesty, but still puts them just at the cap. They could trade Perk + pick for Jordan, and still have the full MLE to their discretion.

Now at the same time, we have the right to either re-sign him (Hill).. Let him walk if we get no offers.. Or make a S&T with him. If we want we can discard the Bird Rights, if we wanted someone on the market.

We're the worst team in the conference, keeping these 3, doesn't suddenly make us a playoff-like team because regardless, everyone is still injured.

Kaman, they tried, had a deal lined up, but couldn't get it done in time.

You act as though, Mitch turned off his phone, and didn't take any calls. He was looking to make deals that benefited us in the future, it's hilarious to see him getting flack for that.

Last edited:
JUST SAW THAT THE SIXERS OFFERED US EVAN FOR KAMAN... AND WE STILL HAVE KAMAN?!?!?!?

I'M W/ CP!!

(also just saw that ACBoyz gave CP the kiss of death, talking about "I like this guy." bahahahahahaha)

JUST SAW THAT THE SIXERS OFFERED US EVAN FOR KAMAN... AND WE STILL HAVE KAMAN?!?!?!?

I'M W/ CP!!

(also just saw that ACBoyz gave CP the kiss of death, talking about "I like this guy." bahahahahahaha)

They couldn't get it done because the Sixers wanted a third team involved.. They couldn't get the third team involved in time, before the Pacers were able to get the Sixers everything they wanted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom