[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Important to note from Ramona Shelburne:

1. In order to get under luxury tax we would have to salary dump Hill & Kaman along with Blake or Pau + Hill or Kaman
2. The Nets backed out of the trade to take Jordan Hill straight up. They wanted a draft pick from us. That's a NO DEAL. From her indications, no team wanted to give a pick for Hill, and there were no other teams doing a salary dump. We'd always have to take a contract back.
3. The Suns did call the Lakers. Their offer was as it always ways.. No 1st round pick, no 2nd round pick. We'd also have to take someone else back with Okafor for Gasol

Last edited:
I don't even like Evan Turner, but we could have taken 2 2nd rounders for Kaman, and dropped Turner like a bad habit

We kept Kaman..........

Yeah, Mitch pretty much dead to me. :smh:

I don't even like Evan Turner, but we could have taken 2 2nd rounders for Kaman, and dropped Turner like a bad habit

We kept Kaman..........

You're missing the biggest detail of it.

The deal was not getting done unless we could find a third team for the Sixers to deal with.

This happened within the last 45 minutes of the deadline.

We could not find any team that would come into the trade.

Therefore, no trade.

You're acting like the Lakers declined the deal. NO. The Lakers couldn't complete it because no team was jumping in to be the third team.

Important to note from Ramona Shelburne:

1. In order to get under luxury tax we would have to salary dump Hill & Kaman along with Blake or Pau + Hill or Kaman
2. The Nets backed out of the trade to take Jordan Hill straight up. They wanted a draft pick from us. That's a NO DEAL. From her indications, no team wanted to give a pick for Hill, and there were no other teams doing a salary dump. We'd always have to take a contract back.
3. The Suns did call the Lakers. Their offer was as it always ways.. No 1st round pick, no 2nd round pick. We'd also have to take someone else back for Gasol

You can copy and paste all of Twitter in here, Mitch failed you, and you're in here defending him. Everything you typin in here is Laker reporters typing what Mitch tells them to type.

Mitch didn't do jack ****. He kept 3 veteran bigs for no damn reason, in a year we likely finish in the bottom 5 of the NBA, and yet still in the luxury tax.

He failed. Point blank, he failed.

We kept Kaman..........

You're missing the biggest detail of it.

The deal was not getting done unless we could find a third team for the Sixers to deal with.

This happened within the last 45 minutes of the deadline.

We could not find any team that would come into the trade.

Therefore, no trade.

You're acting like the Lakers declined the deal. NO. The Lakers couldn't complete it because no team was jumping in to be the third team.

Larry Bird got called at 11 ******* 30 and and had a deal in less than a half hour.

I don't care about what so and so said happened in 45 minutes. Why didn't Mitch have some of these deals done WEEKS AGO????????????????

Deal Pau WEEKS AGO and you don't have to sweat last minute nonsense. He should have seen these coming LONG before the final 45 minutes man.

Lakers: Misses, swings and misses everywhere.

We wanted this... and this didn't happen.

Wanted that... and that didn't happen.

Oh, wait... 'Move Steve Blake'. Crossed that off the To Do list.

If we weren't TRYING to do anything, I'd be more at ease; as it stands, I see moves we wanted to get done that didn't get done.

If we weren't TRYING to do anything, I'd be more at ease; as it stands, I see moves we wanted to get done that didn't get done.

Exactly.

My dumb *** could see what was needed, clearly Mitch is a smarter man than I, and he sat around askin for too damn much.

Half the league wanted in on Hill, that is PERFECT, and Mitch wanted too much. Instead of just making a fair deal, and moving on, he tried to be a hero and did absolutely nothing. :smh:

I'm excited to hear about Bird rights when Pau and Hill simply sign elsewhere and those Bird rights go out the window.

And when that repeater tax limits us when we're desperately trying to be better, that'll be good times.

But hey, let's keep our expiring vets for 28 worthless games. :smh:

Like I said, the God damn 76ers worked the Trade deadline better than we did. Think about that for a moment.

The 76ers...... :smh:

Last edited:

it's not that we weren't trying, we just weren't desperate

What exactly did he fail at?? Do you even know?

Also who would you draft in the 2nd round???.....I'll wait......

Are you bein serious, or just joking?

My last 25 posts have been unclear the last 24 hours, or?????? I haven't listed what he failed to do? Or you just don't want to go back a couple pages and read?

The same way essential is defending Mitch even though most of us know he dropped the ball is the same way you ( C CP1708 ) keep defending _'Antoni even though most of
us know he's buns.

Just sayin...

He's getting bailed out by our injury bug and lack of talent right now. Sort of like how Jason Garrett was bailed out by Romo's back injury before ending the season 8-8 again for the 3rd season in a row.

The same way essential is defending Mitch even though most of us know he dropped the ball is the same way you ( C CP1708 ) keep defending _'Antoni even though most of
us know he's buns.

Just sayin...

He's getting bailed out by our injury bug and lack of talent right now. Sort of like how Jason Garrett was bailed out by Romo's back injury before ending the season 8-8 again for the 3rd season in a row.

E knows Mike is good too. We agree on that. :lol:

CP :smh: :lol:

just because you want something to happen, doesn't mean it CAN happen. THIS is why people complain about lakers and their fans. you think people are lining up to help the lakers? these "assets" have been bad mouthed by PLENTY of people, and all of a sudden you want people to take this trash off the lakers hands? :lol:

***** laughable.

THIS has been the "plan" since the beginning of the season. the one you said the lakers were on track for. before these reports of thinking the lakers could possibly get under the luxury tax, everything was fine and dandy. were at the same exact spot we were (minus the albatross of kobe's contract - i'll give you that one) planned to be at the end of the season. good draft pick and contracts off the books. all of a sudden mitch has failed us? :lol:

ya'll complaining just to complain. arm chair GM's :lol:

Last edited:
I dont understand how everyone can comment on stuff they have absolutely no idea about...like they really be up in offices with Mitch listening to what he is asking for
Just complaining to complain

Didn't know Kobe liked Steve Blake so much.
laugh.gif
blake and pau are the only guys who have been there longer than 3 years...farmar as well ( sort of) 

i guess no deal is better than a bad deal :\ :\

So you think Pau will sign for 2yr/12mil? he's still more skilled than 75% of bigs in this league

except mitch didnt do anything this year while dantoni has been doing a great coaching job?

How so?

By getting his players to play hard like a professional basketball coach being paid 5 million dollars a year is supposed to do?

Oh.

Cool, the Head Coach of the LA Lakers was able to push those NBDL players to only lose by 30 instead of 35?

Cool, he got us to play hard and win a few games we had no business doing. That's good. He's actually earning a little bit of his PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL HEAD COACH salary. Should he not?

I mean.
What "greatness" is he exuding?

We all know even Phil Jackson would suck with this team. But Phil wins with talent.

D'Antoni never has.

Show me the resume of greatness you are eluding to.

He's a MEDIOCRE head coach AT BEST but a brilliant offensive mind. He might go down as one of the best offensive minds in nba history. Of course he can bring out a lot
Of the young talent offensively.
Nice.
He got paid 5 million to do so, so congrats to MDA for at least doing something productive.

But what greatness has he shown as a head coach?

Winning 17 games? You don't think other great coaches couldn't have gotten the same
Level IF NOT BETTER of effort out of these players? Is that a hall of fame contribution to our franchise? Calling a few fabulous plays out of time outs and pushing them to play hard LIKE A COACH SHOULD?

Is he special?

Oh that's right, if he had Rondo and Gortat he'd have multiple rings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom