[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
They don't care about the luxury tax, and if they don't care.. You shouldn't care about it either.

They've never cared, and unlikely they ever will. Especially when they pretty much already know they won't be in the tax in the future.
yes, but when someone passes up a way to save millions of dollars without much cost you have to question if he knows what he is doing

there is no reason to be over the cap when fighting for a bottom 5 seed, "we dont care" is never a good reason to waste money

Kaman doesn't get us under tax only.

Hill is worth picks.. Remind you, he is still under bird rights, so we have the opportunity to S&T him to a playoff team. Where they'd be more likely to give up a pick because they could have him multiple years.

If we strike out on all FAs, Pau either stays on a 1 year deal.. Or he goes.. Maybe he wants to play for a team that can't afford him. Having his bird rights, we can sign him to a multi-year deal, and trade him for an expiring of a terrible player with a pick attached.

Part of the reason we got 0 offers with picks, is because expiring contracts are almost worthless, unless you take a multi-year contract in return.

And if that doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.

Having bird rights doesn't hurt us. Yes we are stuck with those cap holds, but can rescind them at any point in time, if we find a player we like.

Last edited:
They don't care about the luxury tax, and if they don't care.. You shouldn't care about it either.

They've never cared, and unlikely they ever will. Especially when they pretty much already know they won't be in the tax in the future.
yes, but when someone passes up a way to save millions of dollars without much cost you have to question if he knows what he is doing

there is no reason to be over the cap when fighting for a bottom 5 seed, "we dont care" is never a good reason to waste money

Kaman doesn't get us under tax only.

Hill is worth picks.. Remind you, he is still under bird rights, so we have the opportunity to S&T him to a playoff team. Where they'd be more likely to give up a pick because they could have him multiple years.

If we strike out on all FAs, Pau either stays on a 1 year deal.. Or he goes.. Maybe he wants to play for a team that can't afford him. Having his bird rights, we can sign him to a multi-year deal, and trade him for an expiring of a terrible player with a pick attached.

Part of the reason we got 0 offers with picks, is because expiring contracts are almost worthless, unless you take a multi-year contract in return.

And if that doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.

Having bird rights doesn't hurt us. Yes we are stuck with those cap holds, but can rescind them at any point in time, if we find a player we like.

That's all fantasy land.

Pau wants to play for a team that can't afford him, why exactly would they go above and beyond for a 34 year old that hasn't done **** in 4 years? Those Bird rights don't mean ****

And Hill ain't worth picks if you don't get picks for him. Even if it's just to get out from tax, he has no purpose on THIS roster beyond 28 games. Let him be someone else's problem, not ours.

Pau should have been dealt weeks ago, either to Cleveland or the Suns. That alone would have taken care of the tax issue, and they could do whatever they want with Kaman and Hill. Keeping all 3 is a ******* joke.

And to say "they won't be over the tax in the future" is one of the most infuriating responses they can use. Great, so in the future, when we hope to be great again, THEN you'll be under the tax. But when we flat out SUCK, we gonna just sit here over the tax for no ******* reason. Tremendous logic. Really, brilliant management of the cap. :smh:

When the tax hits reach that 4 times in 5 years thing, and it's like 200 times dollar for dollar and we're payin 200+ million on a roster that still comes up short, tell me how the fact we could have been under the tax and reset the clock when we were God awful doesn't matter.

Mitch and his mouthpieces are spinning bull **** in y'alls faces, and you guys just sitting there taking it. :smh:

So now CP wants all of us to be angry and throw tantrums.

Yet only a few weeks ago he was laughing and mocking many of us telling us to relax and that Mitch and Jim had a plan.

"have faith guys, don't be so quick to overreact. We got a plan. Mitch and Jim can be counted on. Plans been in the works. I swear laker fans are always so worried blah blah blah. I swear laker fans drive me nuts, can you guys just think long term and not be so emotional on a day by day basis!?"

Now it's.

Omgomgomg you guys are just sitting there relax being spit on by Mitch. What's wrong with ya'll!? You should all be angry protesting in front of staples center! **** Mitch! Our front office sucks!

LOL.

Last edited:
Mitch and his mouthpieces are spinning bull **** in y'alls faces, and you guys just sitting there taking it. :smh:
but what can we do? |I

You think in today's world they don't hear what fans think/say?

Mike Brown got axed in a milisecond, you don't think fans had anything to do with that? :lol:

They listen to radio, they read comments on ESPN, or whatever else they look at. Reporters tell them fan reactions, they get letters, Facebook pages, etc. I tweeted @ Lakers half a dozen times this week yelling at them for being stupid.

In 1980, yeah, they can't hear us. Today? Those ************* can hear us just fine. They can try to ignore us, but they hear, they are aware. Why you think he had a "press conference" right the hell after, to announce we did jack ****? He's getting out in front of the fans, trying to calm folks down before a groundswell of anger comes his way.

We can do plenty.

Cp ignores LTB

soon.

roll.gif

CP you're my dude but c'mon bro.

One minute you want us to relax, now you want us to all be angry.

One minute Mitch and Jim are geniuses, one minute they're idiots.

Ska's BEEN saying that Mitch's prime as a GM has been OVER.

I've been saying that Jim has NO CLUE what he's doing.

You're JUST starting to see the light.

I'm happy though, better late than never.

Yet only a few weeks ago he was laughing and mocking many of us telling us to relax and that Mitch and Jim had a plan.

"have faith guys, don't be so quick to overreact. We got a plan. Mitch and Jim can be counted on. Plans been in the works. I swear laker fans are always so worried blah blah blah. I swear laker fans drive me nuts, can you guys just think long term and not be so emotional on a day by day basis!?"

Now it's.

Omgomgomg you guys are just sitting there relax being spit on by Mitch. What's wrong with ya'll!? You should all be angry protesting in front of staples center! **** Mitch! Our front office sucks!

LOL.

You really having trouble understanding?

I've watched people go irate over a loss to the Bobcats, in December. I tell everyone to chill.

I gave Mitch time, PLENTY of time. I backed him, I was ok with his history, I gave him the respect he had earned. I didn't like the Nash deal, but he followed up with Dwight. I could see what he was attempting.

Read that again LTB, I did not like the Nash deal, did I flip out? No. I waited.

Now I've BEEN waiting, and Mitch let me down. And now I no longer back Mitch. Maybe he blows me away this summer, maybe he falls flat yet again. But at this moment, not after one single game, or one single move, I have made my decision on where I stand with Mitch.

I'm not that hard to figure out man. I'm here every day. I've lurked Laker threads on NT since 06, I don't flip flop for fun or some ****, I stand by my beliefs, and support them, every day. Every year.

they are not worth anything to us, in fact getting rid of them (making the team worse) would be beneficial for us

AND they end up saving a few bucks

being smart >> having pride

doesnt matter how rich your company is, any time you can save money at next to no cost and dont do it its bad business 

exactly

you fine canadian bastard you

Now it's.

LOL.

You got a point there. :lol:

Last edited:

Now it's.

LOL.

I've watched people go irate over a loss to the Bobcats, in December. I tell everyone to chill.

I gave Mitch time, PLENTY of time. I backed him, I was ok with his history, I gave him the respect he had earned. I didn't like the Nash deal, but he followed up with Dwight. I could see what he was attempting.

Read that again LTB, I did not like the Nash deal, did I flip out? No. I waited.

Now I've BEEN waiting, and Mitch let me down. And now I no longer back Mitch. Maybe he blows me away this summer, maybe he falls flat yet again. But at this moment, not after one single game, or one single move, I have made my decision on where I stand with Mitch.

I'm not that hard to figure out man. I'm here every day. I've lurked Laker threads on NT since 06, I don't flip flop for fun or some ****, I stand by my beliefs, and support them, every day. Every year.

I gotchu man. I can respect that. I understand you.

But put yourselves in our shoes.

You've mocked us for the type of posting you've been doing the last 2 days MANY A TIME.

That's all I'm sayin.

You make sense, you ain't speaking lies. I agree with you on this ordeal. Essential and Johnny disagree but I'm with you.

They let us down.

So it's not the content I'm addressing.

I'm just sayin, if you wanna react that way it's all good. But let's stop the double standard.

Now it's.

LOL.

I gotchu man. I can respect that. I understand you.

But put yourselves in our shoes.

You've mocked us for the type of posting you've been doing the last 2 days MANY A TIME.

That's all I'm sayin.

You make sense, you ain't speaking lies. I agree with you on this ordeal. Essential and Johnny disagree but I'm with you.

They let us down.

So it's not the content I'm addressing.

I'm just sayin, if you wanna react that way it's all good. But let's stop the double standard.

No double standard b, all those losses to the Bobcats that people flip out about, 2 days later same guys happy as a clam after beating the Hawks.

You won't see me tomorrow praising Mitch.

And then on Monday hate him again.

THAT is what I have mocked on here for years, and will continue to do so. Every day. Every year.

I tweeted @ Lakers half a dozen times this week yelling at them for being stupid.
:lol: :lol:

what did you say? like the exact words?

Please make it happen Mitch. Flip Pau, Blake, Hill, Kaman, Swaggy for whatever picks you can get. Don't overvalue. Thx @Lakers

Mitch, don't you ******* dare. Hang up your God damn phone. Don't even think about it.
(****, I forgot to put the @ Lakers :lol: ) (this was the rumor about trading our pick for Love)

Come on Mitch, flip these expiring vets, even if it's for nothing in return. @Lakers

"STUPID FOOLS. RT @KevinDing: As deadline nears, Lakers not expecting to do anything else."

The others were retweets I retweeted. Basically same messages.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom