[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

rockets hold a team option on him for 900k 
mean.gif

becomes a FA in 2015 when lin, asik, scola deals come off books

So since the Rockets have a player option for him next year, can any other team still offer him a contract ?
they can match

rockets hold a team option on him for 900k :smh:

becomes a FA in 2015 when lin, asik, scola deals come off books

So since the Rockets have a player option for him next year, can any other team still offer him a contract ?
they can match

Im not sure about that. If its a team option and the Rockets will pick up the option, how can any other team even offer him a contract?

if it's a team option I don't think they need to match.

ariza, lowry, blake, shawn marion, shawn livingston, spencer hawes, gortat, dirk.....these are the guys the Lakers will be going after. guys like bledsoe and monroe are restricted and less likely. would be kinda sweet to snatch Dirk from Cuban after all the **** he talks :lol:

Last edited:
The point is, the Rockets can decline the team option, which makes him a RFA.

If they pick up the option, he becomes unrestricted the following year, and much much more expensive that way.

Basically they'd be letting him test the waters but still control him thru RFA. If he signs a deal, they can still match.

If they pick up the option, he becomes unrestricted the following year, and much much more expensive that way.

Basically they'd be letting him test the waters but still control him thru RFA. If he signs a deal, they can still match.
i like his game though

Last edited:

[thread="570758"]im guessing they'll go this route, once the deals i mentioned come off the books.[/thread]
[thread="570758"]their core is harden, howard and parsons....unless they choose to trade him[/thread]
i like his game though

Forget his game, dudes a good looking guy, specially if he wears purple and gold.

One negative with going after Chandler.

We can offer, and Houston could match and laugh at us all over again.

Orrrrrrrr

Morey could really laugh at us, and let us have Parsons, opening up the door for Morey to either make a move for Kevin Love, or eventually make that push for Durant in 2016, complete with one of Durant's best friends helping Wade him along.

Either way, Morey holds the cards, and Mitch could get shot up no matter what he does.

Monroe, Lance, Parsons all in one offseason tho, along with old man 48 million and a top 5 pick. Would get the core back in shape, but would still need a serious piece to come in or for that top 5 pick to become a great top 5 pick. And it would be 2 years before we could get back out from yet another Kobe contract to have more leverage. In theory, the 4 young guys would all be well seasoned by then, would just need to spend the new money wisely around them. (in theory)

At this point I'd bet heavy on Morey. I'm not betting on Mitch anymore.

I blame the Lakers failures this season on David Stern

If that son of a bish didn't block the CP3 trade, none of this would be happening.

Instead we have a team full of busts, D-Leaguers, a 50 year old PG, and an overpaid Kobe :x

I blame the Lakers failures this season on David Stern

If that son of a bish didn't block the CP3 trade, none of this would be happening.

Instead we have a team full of busts, D-Leaguers, a 50 year old PG, and an overpaid Kobe :x

I'm sure David told Adam Silver to take care of the Lakers in the upcoming lottery :pimp:

Listening to the herd. John Ireland is on and he talked about Kyrie Irving. Now i guess i missed this but he said the Irving openly said he would only leave Cleveland for the Lakers but also said a lot of hoops would have to be jumped through for that to happen.

He also talked about our draft pick. Saying Parker is NBA ready but some kid (who i have never heard of. He plays overseas) is represented by Kobe's Agent and that Kobe and Rob would love to see this kid in a laker uniform.

He also said that mitch has some plan for this offseason that nobody else in the NBA see's but him. Mitch believes that 35 mil in cap space and the fact that we are LA should get us what we need...

SMH.....

Listening to the herd. John Ireland is on and he talked about Kyrie Irving. Now i guess i missed this but he said the Irving openly said he would only leave Cleveland for the Lakers but also said a lot of hoops would have to be jumped through for that to happen.

He also talked about our draft pick. Saying Parker is NBA ready but some kid (who i have never heard of. He plays overseas) is represented by Kobe's Agent and that Kobe and Rob would love to see this kid in a laker uniform.

He also said that mitch has some plan for this offseason that nobody else in the NBA see's but him. Mitch believes that 35 mil in cap space and the fact that we are LA should get us what we need...

SMH.....

L...B...J....jr. clearly we're going after is 12 yr old son. that's the closest we're gonna get

Last edited:

SMH.....
The kid is Dante Exum.

Kid looks to be the business.

The kid is Dante Exum.

Kid looks to be the business.
Just googled him....seems like him coming to the lakers is a lock...
potentially.

I think he's positioning himself to say "I'm not coming to the league unless I go to the lakers"

teams will pass on him if he says that. No one is wasting a pick on this kid in a loaded draft, they'll move on.

However, I don't know how high the lakers are on him.

I think Kobe likes him, but haven't heard much out of the lakers camp. (i believe legally they can't say anything ) so makes sense
laugh.gif

I think he's positioning himself to say "I'm not coming to the league unless I go to the lakers"
teams will pass on him if he says that. No one is wasting a pick on this kid in a loaded draft, they'll move on.

this is the same feeling I have and why I think Mitch wasn't so desperate to improve draft position

Last edited:

SMH.....

Funny thing about those things is, Exum and Kyrie play the same position, so...... :lol:

And I don't think 35 million is the number we'll have to play with, but if that's the number he wants to go with, ok.

As long as the player he brings in isn't Melo. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom