[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I think he's positioning himself to say "I'm not coming to the league unless I go to the lakers"
teams will pass on him if he says that. No one is wasting a pick on this kid in a loaded draft, they'll move on.

this is the same feeling I have and why I think Mitch wasn't so desperate to improve draft position
he already declared for the draft didn't he?

is he still hovering around the top 5?

i have a hard time believing teams will pass him up if available at the right spot

For the people angry at Mitch

"The organization is not motivated by saving 'X' amount of dollars," Kupchak said. "We were more concerned with making a basketball deal."

""I think the expression would be a 'salary dump.' That's not what this organization will do." -- Kupchak

"If we could get picks or players that we felt good about going forward, then we would have done that." --- Kupchak

"We did have an opportunity to go below the tax.., but there were no basketball components and that's unacceptable with this organization."

"It really got to the point where we needed to free up some time... to look at Jordan, and give Kendall the time that he's earned."

"We got back two young players who are developing," said Kupchak

would be ridiculous for them to be so desperate to get under the tax after the time warner deal. they don't want to operate the same way as loser franchises. how much money would it have saved anyway? like 12 mil? as long as it doesn't affect roster moves to hell with the tax

Last edited:
6'6 and 188lbs? how?

looks like he only has a right handed too.

can he be as good as mcw at the 1? idk.

not sure why they wouldnt do that though

being smart >> having pride

Those two are not juxtaposed.

Jordan Hill is worth more than a salary dump. Pau Gasol is worth more than a salary dump. So they are holding onto them. If they walk, they walk.

Chris Kaman is worth more than a salary dump.

They are saying look, if you don't give us what it is worth, you don't get it.

Sure, they could have dumped Kaman.. Still would be over tax. But dumping Hill or Gasol would be allowing yourself to be fleeced. Those things become trends.

Last edited:

not sure why they wouldnt do that though

Those two are not juxtaposed.

Jordan Hill is worth more than a salary dump. Pau Gasol is worth more than a salary dump. So they are holding onto them. If they walk, they walk.

Chris Kaman is worth more than a salary dump.
they are not worth anything to us, in fact getting rid of them (making the team worse) would be beneficial for us

AND they end up saving a few bucks

doesnt matter how rich your company is, any time you can save money at next to no cost and dont do it its bad business 

potentially.

I think he's positioning himself to say "I'm not coming to the league unless I go to the lakers"

teams will pass on him if he says that. No one is wasting a pick on this kid in a loaded draft, they'll move on.

However, I don't know how high the lakers are on him.

I think Kobe likes him, but haven't heard much out of the lakers camp. (i believe legally they can't say anything ) so makes sense
laugh.gif
rubio didnt want to go to the wolves...came over eventually.

made kahn look like even more of a fool tho and he hasn't lived up to the hype anyway. I think teams would want to avoid recreating that

potentially.

However, I don't know how high the lakers are on him.

I think Kobe likes him, but haven't heard much out of the lakers camp. (i believe legally they can't say anything ) so makes sense
laugh.gif
rubio didnt want to go to the wolves...came over eventually.
Agreed.

but in a loaded draft where players could make an immediate impact? I don't think a team will waste a pick on him. Other lesser drafts? I agree with you.

Agreed.

but in a loaded draft where players could make an immediate impact? I don't think a team will waste a pick on him. Other lesser drafts? I agree with you.
looking at the other bottom standing teams

boston- no need for a pg unless they deal rondo

utah- trey burke

sac- thomas, but he might be dealt

orlando- is oladipo a pg or sg? , but i feel they'll go sg/sf

philly- already have mcw

milwaukee- might go sg/sf. 

I'm a huge fan of PGs with size, I'd love for us to draft Exum so I'm glad to see signs pointing towards that.

Jumper can be improved, although it seems like he doesn't have a left, which is no bueno.

John Ireland is an idiot. I can't believe he's as misinformed about the league as he is given his jobs.

For the people angry at Mitch

"The organization is not motivated by saving 'X' amount of dollars," Kupchak said. "We were more concerned with making a basketball deal."

""I think the expression would be a 'salary dump.' That's not what this organization will do." -- Kupchak

"If we could get picks or players that we felt good about going forward, then we would have done that." --- Kupchak

"We did have an opportunity to go below the tax.., but there were no basketball components and that's unacceptable with this organization."

"It really got to the point where we needed to free up some time... to look at Jordan, and give Kendall the time that he's earned."

"We got back two young players who are developing," said Kupchak

Bull. *******. ****...

Spin control, spin spin spin spin spin.

Getting under the tax allows more freedom, and easier moves later, when you will NEED to be over the tax.

We don't NEED to be over the ******* tax today. It's POINTLESS. We're over the tax, on a team going to draft in the top 5, STUUUUUUUUUUUUPID.

Be over the tax when you are trying to win it all. Then be over the tax.

Kaman, Pau, Hill ain't worth **** to us going forward, so keeping them for 28 games is beyond ******ed.

Mitch overpriced his players, AGAIN. Plain and simple. He could have flipped Pau, flipped Hill, and dumped Kaman. If we got even a single pick out of that, that's more than what we have with these 3 for 28 meaningless games. And in the process we could get under the tax, start the clock sooner, and have even more room going forward.

He failed, period.

The most intriguing thing I saw in Dante Exum is his ability to post as a PG...

U take a kid like him who's willing to play with his back to the basket and make plays and match that with Kobe. Yikes. The things he could learn from Bean and add to his repertoire :smokin

I said it b4, I'll say it again if this franchise wants to maximize Kobe's last two seasons and have him and the team playing at a high level they're gonna have to find another player that can create matchup problems out of the post.

As far as the trades, I like Kent. He could be a solid role guy (particularly defensively).

Hated to see Blake go but I'm happy Blake has a chance to compete for a ring and outta respect that's all u can ask for.

Gonna sit back, enjoy the last qtr of the season and prepare for what the front office has in store for the offseason and draft

Last edited:

Next poll idea?

The whole car thing didn't seem to spark as much interest as originally thought.
Pizza toppings?

Worst ways to die?

Bucket list items?

Vintage video games?
favorite 2014 canadian hockey victory over the US? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

as soon as the horn sounded I did a fist pump.... then I got kinda bummed out, now I can't decide if I'm more happy Canada won or more sad that USA lost 

these feelings

giphy.gif

They don't care about the luxury tax, and if they don't care.. You shouldn't care about it either.

They've never cared, and unlikely they ever will. Especially when they pretty much already know they won't be in the tax in the future.

They don't care about the luxury tax, and if they don't care.. You shouldn't care about it either.

They've never cared, and unlikely they ever will. Especially when they pretty much already know they won't be in the tax in the future.
yes, but when someone passes up a way to save millions of dollars without much cost you have to question if he knows what he is doing

there is no reason to be over the cap when fighting for a bottom 5 seed, "we dont care" is never a good reason to waste money

Back
Top Bottom