[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
can't wait to see the 180 next season as people kiss Mitch's ***
laugh.gif
If he gets Lebron though
laugh.gif

The goal of tanking is to embrace losing.

I guess what I'm saying is the Lakers were able to reach that goal... without intentionally tanking.

It's kinda crazy. They let fate do all the work for them. Hard to describe.

heres what i do not get

you have a couple of turkeys in here defending this organization for sitting on their hands.

why?

are they that big of blind homers to not understand nothing good comes out of the lakers not doing anything?

all I've been doing the whole time is analyzing the moves being made. to me it was pretty clear something was up when the Pau/Bynum deal didn't go down. most are upset because the front office isn't doing what they think they should be doing which is simplistic, obvious moves that anybody could see. clearly they have another strategy in mind and a history of unexpected moves.

all I've been doing the whole time is analyzing the moves being made. to me it was pretty clear something was up when the Pau/Bynum deal didn't go down. most are upset because the front office isn't doing what they think they should be doing which is simplistic, obvious moves that anybody could see. clearly they have another strategy in mind and a history of unexpected moves.

Or they don't have a plan at all which seems more likely at this point.

are the rumors we couldn't get a 2nd for Hill true? that's surprising
word was we also wanted a 2nd round pick with the player  exception from the nets, they wanted one from us considering the tax hit they were gonna have. 

Last edited:
Sign and trade scenarios.

Not something to bank on - especially seeing the type of (dis) interest these players drummed up now - but it's at least something Mitch has in his pocket.

For what though? Nobody on the roster outside of Kobe is worth more than a 2nd rd pick. That's not going to change. I don't care if all we got back was a bag of Doritos. Having them off the roster does us a lot more good than bad. If they all come back healthy in the next couple weeks, there goes our shot at Jabari, Wiggins,

All he's done is sabatoge our draft chances for ppl who will be gone theoretically anyway. Just stupidity man.

Like I said, it's nothing to bank on. But it makes Pau and Hill a little more than just expiring corpses. They have a potential use, even if it's probably a long shot.

I'm not saying Mitch should've kept them for this purpose. But apparently he did. So let's hope some team wants to add some vets in the offseason.

Personally I would have done different.

Last edited:
heres what i do not get

you have a couple of turkeys in here defending this organization for sitting on their hands.

why?

are they that big of blind homers to not understand nothing good comes out of the lakers not doing anything?

Some fans are used to Mitch's great moves from '07 until '12, I guess.

Why did he trade Blake yesterday then? He has just as much value as Pau or Hill? Why not just keep everyone and try to win games? Since that seems to be the motive. Just half *** with no sense of direction. There's no way to defend this.

Last edited:
this dude animal thug wylin out in the nba thread hating on the lakers when he a cavs fan.

something struck a nerve

ska calm your brethren down :lol: he calling us all virgins lol

Why did he trade Blake yesterday then? He has just as much value as Pau or Hill? Why not just keep everyone and try to win games? Since that seems to be the motive. Just half *** with no sense of direction. There's no way to defend this.

Who knows.

Maybe Mitch thinks some teams will want to sign Pau and Hill in the offseason, but not Blake, who is more of a marginal player. Then - voila - he can S&T for something decent.

I think it's stupid... but that's where I imagine him coming from. He couldn't get a home run with Pau or Hill at the deadline; he probably thinks, why not hold on to them just in case I can get a home run with them in the summer? :smh: I agree, that's half-assed, no sense of direction.

The reason why I'm not too mad is because I really don't think it affects us losing games. He's still not trying to win.

His real test will be in the summer.

Last edited:

All those wasted hours searching through sports sites regarding potential trades instead of studying and we do nothing. If I do poorly on my exam, Im gonna skull **** Mitch.
Why? That's your own fault, wasting hours and hours on something you have no control of.

At all.

'S why I don't do it.

I mean I would love to be a fly on the wall in the office.

Ok we'll reduce our tax bill, but not enough to actually get under the tax. And we'll keep Pau even though he's leaving at the end of the year.

When Kobe, Pau, Nash and Swaggy all get healthy, we may be able to squeeze into that 10th spot in the West. We don't need Jabari, Wiggins, Exum or Embiid. We'll just trade that pick for Love anyway even though we don't have to. And sign Melo in July = championship :pimp:

Great job Mitch and Jim.

All those wasted hours searching through sports sites regarding potential trades instead of studying and we do nothing. If I do poorly on my exam, Im gonna skull **** Mitch.
Why? That's your own fault, wasting hours and hours on something you have no control of.

At all.

'S why I don't do it.
this is true

when it comes to lakers trades i dont think anything of it until after it happens

if it hasnt happened yet its probably never going to happen 
tired.gif

Maybe Jim Buss hates Kobe Bryant so much that he wants Kobe to finish his career on a sorry *** team. Yeah Jim gave Kobe the money but he won't surround him with any talented players.

When Kobe, Pau, Nash and Swaggy all get healthy, we may be able to squeeze into that 10th spot in the West. We don't need Jabari, Wiggins, Exum or Embiid.

I'm not too afraid of this happening.

I don't think they're gonna reel off too many extra wins thanks to Kobe/Nash. We know they're not reeling off wins thanks to Pau, Swaggy and Hill. I still consider them a bottom of the barrel team (this is approaching overly optimistic - but considering Kobe's recent comments & Nash's injuries, not far fetched).

So I'm still confident in Jabari, Wiggins, Exum or Embiid.

We'll just trade that pick for Love anyway even though we don't have to. And sign Melo in July = championship pimp.gif

But I am still scared of this.

My point is just that we shouldn't stress yet. They're not in a bad position to accomplish what they wanted. Let's save the stressing for the summer when Mitch/Jim can do some real damage. :lol:

Last edited:
Mitch is flat out done. The new CBA has destroyed him.

My only prayer is that he resets in 2-3 years, gets EVERYTHING out of the roster, resets the balance sheet, and finally stops selling our draft picks.

This is an absolute ******* train wreck. :smh:

WE ARE GARBAGE, STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPP TRYING TO SPIN IT THAT WE CAN COMPETE SOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN

*******, clueless, stupid morons. One ******* foot forward, one foot back. ZERO direction.

"We're not tanking"

"Currently IN FOURTH ******* POSITION IN THE LOTTERY YOU STUPID *******S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The **** do you mean we aren't tanking, that is what we are right now, garbage. TAKE THE LUCK.

Of all the years to suck royally, we pick the deepest draft in a decade, EMBRACE that ****, stop trying to sell our moronic fanbase that "we don't tank" while we lose game after game after game. THAT IS TANKING, get a clue.

We clear ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL this cap space, "Here Kobe, here's 48 million ******* dollars, oh, you aren't even healthy yet, oh that's ok, we don't need to worry about these next two years. Cash your check" ***********************************************************

So help me Lord Almighty, if Mitch resigns Pau ******* Gasol, Jack Bauer better get his *** back in LA to stop me, cuz I'll be there.

You have ONE, CLEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR goal, clear out any unneeded players, not in long term plans. What did you do?

Steve Blake. :stoneface:

ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE task. One. 1. Uno. And you couldn't do anything else, WHY?

Half the NBA called about Jordan Hill, HALF. GIVE HIM THE **** AWAY. Get him off your cap space, don't ******* sell me "oh well uh, we won't be over the cap next year, so uh......" Shut the **** up. You could have been under THIS year you clown.

God damn, stupid ******* idiots. :smh:

Absolutely unbelievable.

I don't entirely blame him that SOME of these contracts were pre 2014, so he is having to navigate thru them, but then PLAN AHEAD, JUST LIKE WE ALL HAVE BEEN SAYING.

Hey, let's ******* give Nash more money, why not? "We're the Lakers, we don't tank, we COMPETE" *************************************** Compete my *** ************, we want Titles you stupid sonofa*****. **** your compete.

Waste of ******* time. And so help me God if these vets go out there and push us to the ******* 7-8 spot in the draft, because you're too ******* stupid to clear the roster and protect the ONLY, THE ONLY, true asset you have left, our lone draft pick for the past 10 ******* years. ENHANCE your chances at nailing that pick, you stupid freaking idiot.

And people are backing him today. :smh: You people sicken me. You've had MONTHS to see where we are headed. You have had dozens of people report what LA needs to do, should do, what they can do, how they can do it, and he sat back and did what? Traded ONE expiring deal. Not multiple, ONE.

Which is????? One foot forward, one foot back. DEATH, in the NBA. Middle ground. Absolute, no where ville.

This is worse than the CP3 deal falling thru. This is the day our front office sat back, and tried to ******* fool our entire fanbase like we're all stupid. Now he's going to come out, spin his ********, talk about legacy, "we don't dank" "We reload", we rebuild, max talent, max talent, max talent.......WHAT ******* MAX TALENT ARE YOU BRINGING IN YOU STUPID CLOWN?????????????????????

God damn it. :smh:

The Cubs are run better than this.

:smh:

I hope Nash tries to play next year, we re-sign Pau, and get the 6th pick in next year's draft, so we can hand it right over to a division rival. Then the sheep still claiming blind loyalty will cry like Nancy Kerrican, WHHHYYYYYYYYYYY????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?, WHHHHHYYYYYYYY???!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!?!??!?!?!? Why do we still suck years later when we've had plenty of time to reset, whyyyyyyy?

One foot forward, one foot back, that's why. We're the Atlanta Hawks now. Only we're too stupid to know it.

Back
Top Bottom