[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
All those wasted hours searching through sports sites regarding potential trades instead of studying and we do nothing. If I do poorly on my exam, Im gonna skull **** Mitch.

:smh: mitch probably asked for too much as usual

mitch gotta understand you aint raping nobody again. that pau trade was a fluke

thats like a convict with a half inch **** running up on somebody in prison talking bout "im a rape you!"

brian **** mullens man... that guy SUCKS:x

Mmmm the makings of a 48 win team that gets bounced in the first round.

Idk...we might have an Exum/Wiggins/Parker in that mix as well...
The Spurs model... couple older guys with some younger guys...too bad we dont have the coach to do it

Last edited:
so the Lakers aren't tanking, not looking for salary dumps/late picks, and they're gonna try to keep Pau

nobody is gonna give me props but I've been saying this all season :lol:

I still consider this tanking. They just didn't have to give away players to get to this point. Injuries took those players for us.

Shedding Pau would've made the team worse, but they're already at the bottom of the barrel roster-wise.

Last edited:
to me tanking implies intentionally losing, doing everything in your power to get the most lotto balls. Lakers have been trying to compete from day 1 and would have made the playoffs if healthy

Last edited:
Mitch wanted a king's ransom for Jordan Hill and Kaman
laugh.gif

Does anyone consider the other side? That other GM's where trying to fleece Mitch cause they know our situation (competitive tanking) ?
Maybe Mitch tried for a fair deal but the other guys were the greedy onesso he stood his ground... Mitch usually makes mutually beneficial deals

Last edited:
Mitch probably wanted to trade Kaman for Philly's 1st round pick this year and wanted the Bucks 1st rounder this year as well for Jordan Hill

Last edited:
this actually pisses me off now. like why just halfway it. **** just leaves us in limbo. if you're going to chop the team up, then chop it up. why waste the opportunity to get better. the FO is ******* with my emotions as a fan yo.

At the end of the day, if Nash retires( i know he aint gonna walk from that $) and MDA is gone this summer, it'll be a successful summer.

Last edited:
Cant the league fine Philly for tanking on purpose? Would be sweet if their pick isnt even in the top 5
Maybe Silver will want to make an example out of them and rig the draft this way...and reward LA for keeping the team together and "trying to win" and giving us the 1st pick :smile:

Sign and trade scenarios.

Not something to bank on - especially seeing the type of (dis) interest these players drummed up now - but it's at least something Mitch has in his pocket.

For what though? Nobody on the roster outside of Kobe is worth more than a 2nd rd pick. That's not going to change. I don't care if all we got back was a bag of Doritos. Having them off the roster does us a lot more good than bad. If they all come back healthy in the next couple weeks, there goes our shot at Jabari, Wiggins,

All he's done is sabatoge our draft chances for ppl who will be gone theoretically anyway. Just stupidity man.

Last edited:
to me tanking implies intentionally losing, doing everything in your power to get the most lotto balls. Lakers have been trying to compete from day 1 and would have made the playoffs if healthy

The goal of tanking is to embrace losing.

I guess what I'm saying is the Lakers were able to reach that goal... without intentionally tanking.

It's kinda crazy. They let fate do all the work for them. Hard to describe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom