[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
CP relax...

This day was coming...we all saw. I was reading the rumors for the past week and knew we wouldn't do much. Its just the way it has been lately...

chances a theoretically bought out granger comes to the lakers? 

clips/heat are a given...any other sleeper teams he may consider? 

"Fire D'Antoni! He can't coach defense"

"Let's draft Jabari Parker!"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

As if a 19 year old kid doesn't have time to learn how to play defense.... :rofl:

Very comparable to a man whose
Most likely not going to be our coach much longer :lol:

He has red flags that make me think he won't ever be a passable defender, let alone a good one.

That's pretty important moving forward, particularly if you think Kevin Love is already in the bag.

He has red flags that make me think he won't ever be a passable defender, let alone a good one.

That's pretty important moving forward, particularly if you think Kevin Love is already in the bag.

Trust me I respect your opinion you know far more about the game of basketball than me.

It's just hard to believe that he has no room
To be better at that young of an age.

But your opinion definitely makes me interested in paying more attention to his defense when I watch Duke games.

I've rocked with Mitch for a long time, even during the Smush days.

He was good at his job, he made moves that worked out. Call it luck, call it what you will. He got it done.

But the new CBA was built to stop us, and he tried to get around it quick with CP3, Stern, and he hasn't recovered.

We all basked in getting Dwight, and it was a solid move, but going after a 38 year old and giving 3 picks to do so...... big big risk. I know he was tryin to ride Kobe's window into the ground, and have Dwight protect the backend portion of our future, but he's whiffed a ton now. A ton.

I can't put not hiring Phil on Mitch, but I was ok with MDA (and still am) but again, that was built on riding a 38 year old PG. If we land Exum, then MDA becomes quite useful, and you can build around that kid, maybe something will come of it........then why did you give away 48 million dollars to a guy with a billion miles, who we don't even know if he can play the next 2 years? :smh:

Mitch is doing exactly what Bill Simmons said yesterday, trying to sell tickets to watch the end of Kobe, but not lose enough to gain elite talent behind him.

Rather than ENSURING we get a top 3 pick this year, put a poor team out next year to get another Top 5 (and keep the pick away from the Suns), he splits the difference, causing us to not be good enough to contend for a title, and not bad enough to stock up Top 3 picks ala OKC 3 years straight and then have a decade of runs in you. :smh:

Mitch failed us miserably. I don't care how anyone spins it, he failed us. He says there's a plan, and for a long time I believe him because he proved he could do it, but this year he has been an outright failure. There is no other way to say it. 37 year old, can't play, Kobe Bryant will make more the next two seasons than Prime LeBron James. That is an outright fail. That is a terrible, terrible job of managing our cap space.

I've rocked with Kobe for 15+ years. I rocked with Mitch. They both failed us this season. To say otherwise is being a blind *** homer. I'm not about being a homer, I want my Lakers to be who we expect them to be. Upper echelon, elite.

Meanwhile, Danny Ainge and the Celtics continue to stock up picks, and try to develop their young assets while they figure out what to do with Rondo and Wallace. They have a great set up in the next 3-4 years

We have a single draft pick and a bunch of cast off former lottery guys not good enough to stick with the T-Wolves, Bobcats, Suns, Knicks, Clippers, etc. :smh:

Miserable day in Laker history. I can't even believe this. :smh:

Really? The Vlad Rad for MLE to counteract Tim Thomas, godly Luke Walton extension, Smush Parker, Mo Evans years!?

He quietly got some pieces that ended up working out... but as a whole the bigger moves were real head scratchers for a good 4 years.

The Bynum pick was good, just not for the impatient fanbase. He was on the money with other picks like Farmar and Vujacic and Turiaf. But Ariza for Cook/Evans was like the first time I thought he was righting the ship.

Last edited:
It isn't a miserable day in Lakers history just because we didn't ship out pieces to save money. Let's not exaggerate here.

When we lost Chris Paul, when we chose Mike Brown to replace Phil, when we picked MDA over Phil to come back, those were terrible days for us. It amazes me that some of you were okay with MDA over Phil and are NOW upset about where we're headed.

I'm convinced Dwight doesn't leave if Phil is coaching us. Would we have won a title last year? No, but we would still have Dwight because he could trust in his head coach and believe that there is a plan in place. Does anyone believe that right now we have a plan in place to take us back to the top?

Any skepticism a FA would have about us is completely warranted, because when we've had the chance to make the right choice, we've done the opposite.

Last edited:

Really? The Vlad Rad for MLE to counteract Tim Thomas, godly Luke Walton extension, Smush Parker, Mo Evans years!?

He quietly got some pieces that ended up working out... but as a whole the bigger moves were real head scratchers for a good 4 years.

The Bynum pick was good, just not for the impatient fanbase. But Ariza for Cook/Evans was like the first time I thought he was righting the ship.

See, Farmar is another in that timeframe that I really liked.

So you had Bynum, Ariza, Farmar, all mixed around Kobe-LO. I was feelin that. Hell, even Sasha was with a purpose, a shooter/defender (3D) but he was a lil streakier than they hoped of course.

Certainly the Walton deal was super stupid, but hey. :lol: Phil liked the kid, and at the time, he helped sort of balance things. Overpaid by a billion, but at least he kept at it, even post Shaq.

Bottom line, he had to tear it down and rebuild around his mega star 24 year old, and it was gonna take a couple years, and I gave him that. And he pulled it off. Even before Pau, you could see the young core developing. Had Marc Gasol developed along with that, who knows what that young core would like like these days? Worse, better, I dunno, but he had a knack for picking out young talent, but when the Pau deal came, he stopped making picks, and started just buying vets.

The Ariza/Ron swap. Getting Steve Blake, forcing Farmar out. Getting Matt Barnes. He was trying to match Kobe/Pau with other vets, and not backfilling anything with youth behind that core. That's why we're here today.

And we still have another couple years away of it before we get to have a first, and second round pick in back to back years. That's flat out stupid. And in this day and age, they are needed, more than ever before.

Stop picking up scraps, and start getting our own pieces in and developing them within OUR system. Hopefully he either starts doing that, or get someone else in here who will.

Back
Top Bottom