[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Sometimes I don't know if kaman is trying to get traded or if he's trying to take Pau's spot. Random thought

Last edited:
As alluded to earlier, yeah....u cant trade your pick for that yrs draft 2 consecutive yrs.but....I believe u can make the selection and trade his rights on draft night.

having said that, we have no assets aside from expirings and nothing minn would take straight across(what else is new), so itd have to be a tm desperate for pieces like pau/blake/hill or meeks..but if that tm was in contention, why would they trade anything of impact to minn? Unless said 3rd team's 2014/15 pick(s) were going minnys way.

I don't see anything happening accept for salary dumps on our end. :/

but if you trade for another 1st in the draft, you can trade yours. Ultimate stone face

@LakerNation
"IF the Lakers can acquire a second 1st-rnd pick before Thurs., their own 2014 1st-rnd pick becomes trade eligible. » laker.co/1mrNOWB "

You can trade your pick if you have another.

IE, trade Pau to the Suns for Indy's pick means we could trade ours.

Now pray that doesn't happen.....

Would it be such a bad thing to keep this team together for the most part. One thing is that the new cba places emphasis on spending money wisely hence a need to not necessarily draft but also develop players like never before in league history.

One thing the lakers learned is that with enough potential and enough attention to development you can turn a guy like Bynum into a force when he probably would have been a burnout had he been drafted in a place like Milwaukee or Cleveland where they don't have Kareem Abdul jabbar on site.

Likewise goes for players like Kendall and Blake who have had their best days as lakers alongside pg wizards like Nash and Dantoni. The lakers have invested a full season or more developing some of these guys and if you don't get something really valuable in return it's kind of a waste

None of what the Lakers have now comes close to what they had in a young Andrew Bynum. They don't have that potential, even collectively.

They've been forced to give these guys significant minutes but that doesn't automatically give them more value. A couple of them might be worth keeping, at the right price, like a few people have been saying... but not as our core going forward, and not at the expense of other things like the cap space.

Last edited:
in a week cavs went from fighting with us for a top 5 pick to 2 games out of the 8th spot 
roll.gif

next guy to rep me gets my sig to say whatever it wants for a month.

licensed 2 balls is disqualified from last time.

no banned members used in said sig nor my lakers my warriors. sorry ska

What the hell do you mean im disqualified?

You NEVER USED the sig i gave you.
The one your using now is one that someone else gave you.

I told you 3 times what mine was and you still never used it :lol: :smh:

But i still repped you. Just because im that kind.

Last edited:
None of what the Lakers have now comes close to what they had in a young Andrew Bynum. They don't have that potential, even collectively.

They've been forced to give these guys significant minutes but that doesn't automatically give them more value. A couple of them might be worth keeping, at the right price, like a few people have been saying... but not as our core going forward, and not at the expense of other things like the cap space.

What I mean is that our guys are confident in their ability to make marginal guys into decent players, they've gotten pretty consistent at it over the years. Because of that they are comfortable picking anywhere in the top 10 if they don't get huge value back for pau and have to keep him at the expense of extra lotto balls.

I don't think they are looking for salary dumps or late draft picks. They could have ended the madness months ago by trading for Bynum. Unless they can make a huge, blockbuster trade involving pau that nets a lotto pick or all star caliber player it looks like the plan is to keep most of this team together.

Just seems like the spurs, thunder and rockets are the blueprint for building a contender and apparently we're taking the spurs route

next guy to rep me gets my sig to say whatever it wants for a month.

licensed 2 balls is disqualified from last time.

no banned members used in said sig nor my lakers my warriors. sorry ska
I repped you

Make ur sig i will surrender my angus to kanye

Lakers mulling what to do with Pau

The Los Angeles Lakers have been weighing the benefits of holding on to the perpetually dangling Pau Gasol for the rest of the season to maintain his Bird rights this summer, against trading him before Thursday's trade deadline, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

The Lakers have been one of the more active teams in advance of Thursday's deadline as they gauge the market for Gasol and veterans like Jordan Hill, Chris Kaman and Steve Blake. With their record at 18-35 heading into Wednesday's game against the Houston Rockets, it makes little sense to pay luxury taxes and be in line to pay the more punitive repeater taxes in the future.

However, sources said the Lakers have remained resolute in every trade discussion not to trade Gasol without acquiring an asset in return, and that there is a growing sentiment within the organization that it could be more valuable to hold on to Gasol and his Bird rights as he becomes a free agent and the organization has substantial room under the salary cap for the first time in years.

The Lakers have stayed in contact with the two teams who had earlier showed interest in the four-time All Star -- the Phoenix Suns and the Cleveland Cavaliers -- but sources said none of those discussions has made substantial progress.

On Tuesday, CBS Sports reported the Lakers and Dallas Mavericks were trying to assemble trade offers for 2015 prospective free agent Kevin Love, but thus far the Minnesota Timberwolves have given no indication they'd consider any such deal before the deadline.

The Lakers did inquire about Minnesota's interest in teaming Gasol with his Spanish countryman Ricky Rubio recently, according to a source, but those talks did not progress.

The Charlotte Observer reported the Charlotte Bobcats have been in contact with the Lakers about Gasol as they try and make a playoff push this spring.

The Suns had backed away from talks with the Lakers earlier this month when the 33-year-old suffered an injured groin that has kept him out for the last six games. Gasol had averaged 20.8 points and 11.9 rebounds in January before the injury. He practiced Tuesday and is listed as questionable for Wednesday's game.

The original construction of the talks between the Lakers and Phoenix involved injured center Emeka Okafor, who is owed $14.5 million salary this season. While that falls well shy of Gasol's $19.3 million, it is allowable because the Suns are $5.6 million under the salary cap. A trade for Okafor's expiring deal would save the Lakers $4.8 million, but still leave them approximately $3 million over the luxury tax threshold.

The Lakers have concurrently had talks about Kaman, Hill, Blake and several other players. Sources confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com's Ohm Youngmisuk that Brooklyn and the Lakers have had trade discussions Hill. The Nets have a $5.25 million Disabled Player Exception through March 10 that they were granted for losing Brook Lopez for rest of the season in December. But the Nets -- already possessing a payroll that will cost roughly $190 this season -- would take an additional luxury tax hit of more than $15 million if they used it to absorb Hill's salary. The Hill discussions were first reported by Yahoo Sports.
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/38908/lakers-mulling-what-to-do-with-pau

:smh:

Last edited:
^ Had a nightmare I was at a Laker game... after we got Melo.

He shot 53 times.

0 assists; only 3 potential assists.

I wish I were making this up just to be funny. It was terrible. :x

pmatic pmatic interesting article.....

similar to kobe and bynum, the front office must have a lot of confidence that they can get the guy they want regardless of draft position

Back
Top Bottom