[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
If they go past this trade deadline without trading any of these expiring vets........... :smh:

There is ZERO reason to keep any of these pieces. Give them away. Cut em, trade em, kill em, do something, just get them off the roster. They serve NO purpose beyond Thursday.

Come on Mitch.

"Kevin Love says Wolves are a better team than the Lakers"....well yeah, right now cause youre on that team.
Kevin Love  could be one of the NBA's most-coveted free agents in the summer of 2015 and figures to draw interest from several high-profile teams, including the Los Angeles Lakers.

i
People think it's so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota. And I'm not s------- on the Lakers, but we [the Timberwolves] have the better team, the better foundation. I'm having fun.
-- Kevin Love, to GQ magazine
But in a recent interview, Love claimed that he enjoys playing for the Minnesota Timberwolvesand compared them favorably to the Lakers.

"People think it's so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota," Love told GQ magazine. "And I'm not s------- on the Lakers, but we [the Timberwolves] have the better team, the better foundation. I'm having fun."

The Lakers and Dallas Mavericks  reportedly are attempting to complete a trade this week for Love, who can become an unrestricted free agent after the 2014-15 seasons if he declines a player option on his current contract with the Timberwolves.

The Lakers entered Wednesday with an 18-35 record, tied for the worst mark in the Western Conference.

But Los Angeles could potentially create significant salary-cap space in time for the summer of 2015, as Kobe Bryant  is the only high-profile player under contract beyond the 2014-15 season.

[h4]Max & Marcellus[/h4]
What would you give up for Kevin Love? PTI host Tony Kornheiser calls in to talk Yasiel Puig, Kevin Love, Derek Jeter, Lakers, and more. Is Kevin Love the 1st, 2nd or 3rd best player on a championship team?

More Podcasts »

Love, who was born in Santa Monica, Calif., and attended UCLA, repeatedly has been linked to the Lakers. The three-time All-Star has emerged as one of the NBA's top forwards, averaging a double-double in each of the last five seasons.

The Timberwolves (25-28) currently are six games outside of a playoff spot and are in danger of missing the postseason for the 10th consecutive season.

But the 25-year-old Love headlines a talented, young roster in Minnesota that also features 23-year-old point guard Ricky Rubio, 28-year-old center Nikola Pekovic  and 27-year-old forward Corey Brewer.

The 6-foot-10 Love is averaging 25.8 points and 13.2 rebounds, ranking in the top four in the NBA in each category this season.
Love staying in Minny? 

Last edited:
Mitch better be burning those phone lines up right now. GET RID OF THESE SPARE PARTS that are slowing the tank down

Who knew Kevin Love was also Captain Obvious?
You say that, but it's mind bottling* to me how people always fall for these athlete/celebrity lines. 
laugh.gif

"If Fisher goes, I go."

(Kobe)

"I'm retired. Just don't have the passion"

"OK, found some passion, but NOW I'm retired. Just can't compete"

"Competed a LITTLE more, but now I'm retired. No, for real."

(Favre)

"I want DarthSka."

(Jennifer Lawrence)

These celebs say what's right for the moment all the time. Of course KLove said the Wolves are better.

*No Blades

If Pau survives the trade deadline...again :smh:

and I guess that J.Hill trade to the Nets will be done today

Who knew Kevin Love was also Captain Obvious?
You say that, but it's mind bottling* to me how people always fall for these athlete/celebrity lines. :lol:

"If Fisher goes, I go."
(Kobe)

"I'm retired. Just don't have the passion"
"OK, found some passion, but NOW I'm retired. Just can't compete"
"Competed a LITTLE more, but now I'm retired. No, for real."
(Favre)

"I want DarthSka."
(Jennifer Lawrence)

These celebs say what's right for the moment all the time. Of course KLove said the Wolves are better.

*No Blades

Imagine the uproar if he said Yeah I'm a Laker in 2015.

That's why I never get why reporters ever ask these damn questions about future free agency plans.

That's why I never get why reporters ever ask these damn questions about future free agency plans.
I'm saying. 
laugh.gif

And honestly, I don't understand why anyone puts any stock in ANY question beyond the actual game.

them: "So tell us about the game."

him: "Well in the 4th, we noticed the defense was blah, blah, and blah. So we yadda, yadda, yadda." (I'm paying attention, I'm listening.)

them: "And we heard you had a daughter born this morning. Congrats."

him: "Oh, yeah, it was awesome. It just means so much that..." (and I'm out.)

I'm not kidding. GAME. ONLY. Everything else has prescribed responses (no Arod).

I'm saying. 
laugh.gif

And honestly, I don't understand why anyone puts any stock in ANY question beyond the actual game.

him: "Well in the 4th, we noticed the defense was blah, blah, and blah. So we yadda, yadda, yadda." (I'm paying attention, I'm listening.)

I'm not kidding. GAME. ONLY. Everything else has prescribed responses (no Arod).

pimp.gif

I'm saying. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Man, if only they could all be like Ron. 
smokin.gif

Actually... maybe not so much, but some more genuine interviews would be nice. 
laugh.gif

Potentially keep Pau... To keep his bird rights???? What the hell?
why?

where?

God please take our Pau.
It was in the article posted on the last page. Just read it this morning. :smh:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 16s

Hearing strong suggestions Nets now want to go ahead with proposed acquisition of Jordan Hill if Lakers still amenable despite huge BKN cost

Please be amenable, Mitch!

edit:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 36s

Nets can take Jordan Hill into Disabled Player Exception for Brook Lopez. But Lakers, I'm told, talking to multiple teams about Hll trade

Last edited:
@WojYahooNBA Lakers, Nets progressing on Jordan Hill deal, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Ownership showing willingness to take $17M hit.
@WojYahooNBA Lakers have been engaged in conversations elsewhere on Jordan Hill too, sources tell Yahoo Sports.
@ESPNSteinLine Hearing strong suggestions Nets now want to go ahead with proposed acquisition of Jordan Hill if Lakers still amenable despite huge BKN cost
@ESPNSteinLine Nets can take Jordan Hill into Disabled Player Exception for Brook Lopez. But Lakers, I'm told, talking to multiple teams about Hll trade

Good luck Jordan!

Last edited:
So CP, P, Essential, et al... I'm sure you hate answering questions like this, but what in the WORLD does that trade mean? 
ohwell.gif

We take a $17m hit?

Why... would... we do that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom