[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
That Heat team didn't suck per say. They were just mediocre. And they had a prime superstar in hand, which the Lakers don't have at the moment.

They could have 2 up and comers tho. Enough to know if this years top 5 is a player or not, at least.

And it's easily explainable that look PF, we needed to keep our pick, so we let this last year go, now we have two lotto guys, Kobe's contract is off the books next year, so it'll be you, 2 lotto guys (cheap) and we can sign 1-2 more max guys, help us get back to winning titles.

*bag of rings falls onto the table next to a contract with lots of zero's....*
And I get that.

I'm just saying a guy that's been in the lottery for seven or eight seasons might not want to hear all this. :lol:

I hear ya.

I would think Mitch would simply lay out the entire plan for him.

PF, we want you + our Top 5 pick and (hopefully) this other Top 5 pick, and then when the old man gets out the 25 million dollar way next year, we gon try and get this kid Durant to join ya, and if he won't, maybe your friend Russ will. Oh and we'll give ya 20 million dollars for the next 5 years each.

How's that sound?

And then see if that works.

Maybe bring out the bag of rings. :lol:

I hear ya.

I would think Mitch would simply lay out the entire plan for him.

PF, we want you + our Top 5 pick and (hopefully) this other Top 5 pick, and then when the old man gets out the 25 million dollar way next year, we gon try and get this kid Durant to join ya, and if he won't, maybe your friend Russ will. Oh and we'll give ya 20 million dollars for the next 5 years each.

How's that sound?

And then see if that works.

Maybe bring out the bag of rings.
laugh.gif
dont forget about living in LA...im sure he hasnt forgotten

Yeah since I was a kid.

I'll be honest I'm not as in touch with baseball as I used to be. But I still watch crucial series from time to time and definitely all of their post season games.

I still hate the Twins for being the road block that they were a decade ago when we were at our peak with the big 3. :smh:
got a good set of arms in that rotation right now though.
probably the best rotation in the al west

I was so proud of them last season. Killed me to see them not able to get past Detroit again. But they certainly got the most out of their talent. Gotta love Melvin and that young pitching talent.

I'll cut you.

I'll cut you.
AABF02.jpg

You've always been an A's fan L2B?
Yeah since I was a kid.
I'll be honest I'm not as in touch with baseball as I used to be. But I still watch crucial series from time to time and definitely all of their post season games.

I still hate the Twins for being the road block that they were a decade ago when we were at our peak with the big 3.
mean.gif
uJ6lt2s.gif

I'll cut you.

I'll cut you.

AABF02.jpg

Yeah since I was a kid.

I still hate the Twins for being the road block that they were a decade ago when we were at our peak with the big 3. :smh:

uJ6lt2s.gif

I'll cut you.

I'll cut you.

I'll cut you.

AABF02.jpg

Yeah since I was a kid.

I still hate the Twins for being the road block that they were a decade ago when we were at our peak with the big 3.
mean.gif

uJ6lt2s.gif

I'll cut you.
900x900px-LL-fbee99a6_spongebobnthat.png

These days are over, folks.

Unless by 'franchise player', they mean the likes of Kendall Marshall, Chris Kaman, and a geriatric Steve Nash.

And that popular one "You will all pay for your basketball reasons."

No, they won't.

We're getting ready to be the Cowboys, gents.

Deal w/ it. 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
The Lakers and Mavericks are trying to assemble trade offers for prospective free agent Kevin Love, but thus far the Timberwolves have given no indication they'll consider moving the All-Star forward by Thursday's deadline, league sources told CBSSports.com.

Love will be a free agent in 2015, and it is widely known around the league that he and his agent, New York-based Jeff Schwartz, are determined to get him to a major market. The Lakers, Love's first choice, "have the best shot" of landing the Southern California native, one person familiar with the player's thinking said. There is no incentive in the CBA for Love to sign an extension with Minnesota before he has a chance to decline his player option and hit the open market in July 2015.

Giving up significant assets for Love would be problematic for any team that isn't confident it will be able to sign him when he becomes a free agent. That is obviously not an issue for the Lakers.

Still, other teams are said to be feverishly pursuing a premium first-round pick that could be included in a package for Love, a three-time All-Star who is fourth in the league in scoring (25.8 points per game) and second in rebounding (13.2).

In the end, it will fall on Timberwolves president Flip Saunders to pull the trigger on a Love deal or wait him out and hope he's able to turn the franchise's fortunes around in time to persuade him to stay. Minnesota has yet to make the playoffs in Love's five seasons and is likely headed to the lottery again this year.

According to a person familiar with Saunders' strategy, he has indicated there is "no way" he will trade Love by Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline.

Obviously not going to happen; but it's interesting Mitch is trying.

I had a feeling Mitch would at least make an attempt. Flip would be wise to deal him now & be done with it. He's not sticking around past next year.

Last edited:
Mitch, I will cut you.

Don't you ******* dare trade our pick. Be, patient.

:smh:

Not allowed to. Stepien Rule.

They can still trade the pick on Draft night, have Minny make the pick, etc.

Berger updated the article that Senator posted.....

Any Lakers offer would have to include Pau Gasol, whose $19.3 million contract comes off the books this summer. Rival executives believe the Lakers' best chance of moving Gasol is to a team that views him as worthy re-signing to a more reasonable deal this summer -- not as a rental. The Lakers also can offer their 2014 first-round pick, which has value. With Kobe Bryant out indefinitely, the Lakers are tied for the fourth-worst record in the league.

During All-Star weekend, Bryant said the Lakers having cap space this summer is "right in their wheelhouse" and said he's confident GM Mitch Kupchak would make the moves necessary for a "quick turnaround." LA currently has room to sign a max free agent this summer, but could opt to acquire one via trade and then make more moves in 2015-16, Bryant's final season under contract.

I know the Stepien rule, but Berger is pretty good, I find it hard to believe he'd be off this big.

Rosales just answered the question.

The Stepien dictates you have to have A pick, so we could trade Pau for the 30th pick, making ours available.

Trade our Top 5ish lookin pick for Love
Deal Pau to the Suns for #30.

Then I kill EVERYBODY.

Mitch, don't you ************* dare.

Mitch, trade Pau, Kaman, Blake, Hill, Nick Young, and shut the hell up the rest of the season.

Do NOT try to acquire anyone. Sit your *** the **** down with our draft pick, have a coke and a smile.

Don't. *******. do. it. Mitch.

Back
Top Bottom