[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
This has been in motion since 2010, when they had Kobe, Pau, Artest, etc all set to come off the books by 2014.

They tried to get Kobe the help for #17-6, and then go from there. Like E said, Paul-Dwight were unexpected missteps.

Now, start over. Replace old man Kobe with hopefully a new shining star, use cap space to add 1-2 legit stars, then proceed from that point.

Everyone should know this by now, we've talked about it since the Kobe-Pau extensions during the Finals runs.

If Mitch wants to impress me, he'll get Jerry West to take Steve Nash for their Richard Jefferson trade exception. Considering they have no second round picks until 2019, isn't like they'll use it. :rofl: I'm serious because my bar is set at that level for Mitch.

Also I refuse to believe Jordan Hill can't net us better than a salary dump. Hell combine him with Meeks, and maybe you can get a late first rounder out of it.

Last edited:
If Mitch wants to impress me, he'll get Jerry West to take Steve Nash for their Richard Jefferson trade exception. Considering they have no second round picks until 2019, isn't like they'll use it. :rofl: I'm serious because my bar is set at that level for Mitch.

Also I refuse to believe Jordan Hill can't net us better than a salary dump. Hell combine him with Meeks, and maybe you can get a late first rounder out of it.

Not a chance in hell that happens man. Not a chance in hell :lol:

so the cavs said screw your pau we will take deng.

now the suns will say screw your pau and take deng too

This has been in motion since 2010, when they had Kobe, Pau, Artest, etc all set to come off the books by 2014.

They tried to get Kobe the help for #17-6, and then go from there. Like E said, Paul-Dwight were unexpected missteps.

Now, start over. Replace old man Kobe with hopefully a new shining star, use cap space to add 1-2 legit stars, then proceed from that point.

Everyone should know this by now, we've talked about it since the Kobe-Pau extensions during the Finals runs.

I always felt that our 2010 title would be Kobe's last. Even on the night we won, it felt like we had peaked.

Last edited:
2008 was "lets come back next year and get it done"

2009 was "lets get another one next year"

2010 was "good job everyone we did it!!!"

He's been pretty solid when he's played.

Maybe it is D'Antoni's system that is making him look better than he really is though (in particular the assist numbers). But as a backup for 10-15 minutes, he'll be fine.

Last edited:
And right on cue, Zach Lowe highlights the issue(s) with the Magic core that I posted about yesterday.

He's been pretty solid when he's played.

Maybe it is D'Antoni's system that is making him look better than he really is though (in particular the assist numbers). But as a backup for 10-15 minutes, he'll be fine.
dont forget he's been playing at the 2-guard spot. 

:lol:

If that's what it took to be a long term winner again I wouldn't mind it. But I know how hard this is for a lot of people in here :lol:

Well when your an A's and Raiders fan, you slowly become complacent and comfortable with losing

And I'm an A's fan so, no shots intended.
I know how it is. The chargers have sorta desensitized me as well.

it's true.

Last edited:
poor chris 
laugh.gif

mad all season about not getting any pt

then when he finally gets some good pt he has to worry about getting traded to the cavs

Bottom line, if we ain't winning a chip next year anyways (we aren't) and we have a choice between sucking and getting (and keeping) a top 5 pick, or having to hand over our pick #6-29 to a division rival, I root for sucking enough to get another top 5 pick to pair with this year's top 5 pick.

Sucking (not good enough) to land the 7th pick in the draft, then handing it to a team in our own division is about the worst thing we could do.

So if we fail to load up this summer, Pro-Tank stays in effect one more season.

Sorry.

(I'm not sorry)

Back
Top Bottom