[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
NO is looking to dump Austin Rivers to bring in Pierre Jackson.

I think Rivers is trash and will always be trash. But he's still considered a "young prospect" and beggars can't be choosers...

NO is looking to dump Austin Rivers to bring in Pierre Jackson.

I think Rivers is trash and will always be trash. But he's still considered a "young prospect" and beggars can't be choosers...
they need a 4 or 5, but i doubt they desperate enough to offer us rivers for either kaman or hill.

Gasol to bobcats talk stalled? gasol for ben gordon contract and a pick/zeller? 

Bottom line, if we ain't winning a chip next year anyways (we aren't) and we have a choice between sucking and getting (and keeping) a top 5 pick, or having to hand over our pick #6-29 to a division rival, I root for sucking enough to get another top 5 pick to pair with this year's top 5 pick.

Sucking (not good enough) to land the 7th pick in the draft, then handing it to a team in our own division is about the worst thing we could do.

So if we fail to load up this summer, Pro-Tank stays in effect one more season.

Sorry.

(I'm not sorry)
My only opposition to sucking next year is it might deter a certain power forward that badly wants to make the playoffs from signing with the team next summer.

Might.

Last edited:
doubt it will if we end the season/offseason with a solid team

no one cares about what we have on the team right now, but we can sell them on what we can get in the future

2 Top 5 lotto picks joining together + said PF + cap space for even more players soon after should help erase those two years, yes?

2 Top 5 lotto picks joining together + said PF + cap space for even more players soon after should help erase those two years, yes?
Of course there's this POV as well.

But certainly, if you have been on as many bad teams as said PF, you'd natrually be hesitant in joining a team that just went consecutive seasons in the bottom five.

Of course there's this POV as well.

But certainly, if you have been on as many bad teams as said PF, you'd natrually be hesitant in joining a team that just went consecutive seasons in the bottom five.

If I remember correctly, the Miami Heat once sucked.

Pat dropped a bag of rings on a table and got the prized FA.

Certainly, we have a bag of rings somewhere. Hell, Kevin Sorry, said PF was in town when some of those rings were sized.

Last edited:
That Heat team didn't suck per say. They were just mediocre. And they had a prime superstar in hand, which the Lakers don't have at the moment.

That Heat team didn't suck per say. They were just mediocre. And they had a prime superstar in hand, which the Lakers don't have at the moment.

They could have 2 up and comers tho. Enough to know if this years top 5 is a player or not, at least.

And it's easily explainable that look PF, we needed to keep our pick, so we let this last year go, now we have two lotto guys, Kobe's contract is off the books next year, so it'll be you, 2 lotto guys (cheap) and we can sign 1-2 more max guys, help us get back to winning titles.

*bag of rings falls onto the table next to a contract with lots of zero's....*

laugh.gif

If that's what it took to be a long term winner again I wouldn't mind it. But I know how hard this is for a lot of people in here
laugh.gif
This sucks, man.

I'm not Team Tank; I'm Team 'Screw It, We Ain't Winning, So Where These College Kids At?'

ohwell.gif

Yeah, that's team tank. In fact, you're my VP. Quit fighting it, embrace it.

05, 06, 07 all sucked, in the end, it led to something.

13, 14, 15 all gonna suck, but it will lead to something.

Took the Clippers 57 years to get a decent team, so be patient. We're way ahead of a 57 year plan.

Well when your an A's and Raiders fan, you slowly become complacent and comfortable with losing

And I'm an A's fan so, no shots intended.
I know how it is. The chargers have sorta desensitized me as well.

it's true.

?

A's have one of the best records since the year 2000, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

It's not like we're the Cubs.

of all the rumors floating around, are there any legit ones that have gathered traction?

Well when your an A's and Raiders fan, you slowly become complacent and comfortable with losing

And I'm an A's fan so, no shots intended.
I know how it is. The chargers have sorta desensitized me as well.

it's true.
Bruh, I'm an Angels fan. I'm very familiar w/ losing, especially recently.

(how a team got Pujols, Hamilton, CJ Wilson, Greinke, Weaver... and can't win a bleeping game? 
mad.gif
 )

But I have different standards for my Lakers than I do my Angels.

They could have 2 up and comers tho. Enough to know if this years top 5 is a player or not, at least.

And it's easily explainable that look PF, we needed to keep our pick, so we let this last year go, now we have two lotto guys, Kobe's contract is off the books next year, so it'll be you, 2 lotto guys (cheap) and we can sign 1-2 more max guys, help us get back to winning titles.

*bag of rings falls onto the table next to a contract with lots of zero's....*
And I get that.

I'm just saying a guy that's been in the lottery for seven or eight seasons might not want to hear all this. :lol:

You've always been an A's fan L2B?

Yeah since I was a kid.
I'll be honest I'm not as in touch with baseball as I used to be. But I still watch crucial series from time to time and definitely all of their post season games.

I still hate the Twins for being the road block that they were a decade ago when we were at our peak with the big 3. :smh:

Yeah since I was a kid.
I'll be honest I'm not as in touch with baseball as I used to be. But I still watch crucial series from time to time and definitely all of their post season games.

I still hate the Twins for being the road block that they were a decade ago when we were at our peak with the big 3.
mean.gif
got a good set of arms in that rotation right now though.

probably the best rotation in the al west

Back
Top Bottom