[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
jbk75nQ.jpg

^I'd go crazy if we get 'Bari for the 5th pick.

Certainly a possibility. Assuming that it goes perfectly based on record. We also have 4th based on ESPN.

Bucks pretty much have settled on Embiid. Allows them to possibly move Sanders for picks, and reset. If they draft Wiggins or Parker, it throws off the development of Giannis. And Exum at # 1 is a pick asking for trouble.

Sixers are set at the front court, and trying to trade Evan Turner. Leaving a spot open at the 3. They'll take Wiggins over Parker because of the name.

Magic can't draft a SF, will only hurt Tobias Harris and Mo Harkless. They are set at Center with Vucevic. Won't draft 4 because of Nicholson. So they will go Exum, he's also friends with Oladipo. They're are starting to reach Cavs territory where every pick will detract someone else's development. So they need to draft based on need not best player available.

Kings, Randle makes the most sense next to Cousins would catapult them into one of the best front courts in a couple years.

Leaves the Lakers at 5th with Jabari.

Of course that's if it goes in order like that. If Lakers got number 1 it will be a huge Wold Card because they could go anywhere with that pick.

Last edited:
I really don't think the Magic are going to pass on Wiggins or Parker because of Tobias Harris and Mo Harkless. :lol:

I really don't think the Magic are going to pass on Wiggins or Parker because of Tobias Harris and Mo Harkless. :lol:

They are really high on Tobias.

Biggest need is Guard spots, especially if they trade Afflalo. And Exum gives them perfect versatility with Oladipo and Nelson who is for some reason untouchable to them.

Also trading Afflalo, they probably go for a true 4 return. Regardless of where they go, they are reaching an awkward point like the Cavs.

None of this matters anyway because it won't go 1-5 perfectly based on record.

Last edited:
I think Harris is a four moreso than a three.

And they haven't even completed year two of their rebuild, they're far from the Cavs.

I think Harris is a four moreso than a three.

And they haven't even completed year two of their rebuild, they're far from the Cavs.

Unless they trade some of their recent young players, they'll be drafting backups or pushing young guys who need to develop into backups.

Oladipo
Harris/ Harkless
Nicholson
Vucevic

2 picks this year, both in the lottery.. That's 7 young players.

After this year, you're drafting for the sake of drafting and just loading up guys who need to develop into places where they have ceilings that are nowhere near Max potential.

Unless they are trading out a couple of young guys with Afflalo then it's different.

Last edited:
I think Oladipo and Vucci Mane are the mainstays. I'm not convinced the other guys are that important. Maybe they can make up the back end of a rotation. Hence, the importance of this draft and not overvaluing Harris and Harkless.

Last edited:
^I'd go crazy if we get 'Bari for the 5th pick.

Certainly a possibility. Assuming that it goes perfectly based on record. We also have 4th based on ESPN.

Bucks pretty much have settled on Embiid. Allows them to possibly move Sanders for picks, and reset. If they draft Wiggins or Parker, it throws off the development of Giannis. And Exum at # 1 is a pick asking for trouble.

Sixers are set at the front court, and trying to trade Evan Turner. Leaving a spot open at the 3. They'll take Wiggins over Parker because of the name.

Magic can't draft a SF, will only hurt Tobias Harris and Mo Harkless. They are set at Center with Vucevic. Won't draft 4 because of Nicholson. So they will go Exum, he's also friends with Oladipo. They're are starting to reach Cavs territory where every pick will detract someone else's development. So they need to draft based on need not best player available.

Kings, Randle makes the most sense next to Cousins would catapult them into one of the best front courts in a couple years.

Leaves the Lakers at 5th with Jabari.

Of course that's if it goes in order like that. If Lakers got number 1 it will be a huge Wold Card because they could go anywhere with that pick.

:wow:

This makes sense but if things go in a different route, which is highly possible, we still have lots of option at the #5 pick. That is if we get the 5th pick or lower.

Bari ain't goin 5. That would be absurd. :lol:

I can't wait for the Magic to clear out Affalo, Jameer, and Baby Davis. That core of young talent + these two upcoming picks is stupid nice.

"It's going slow. *Kobe smile*" = "Listen, dude, we ain't winning JACK, soooo... if we're bad enough, we MIGHT get one fo these young college studs... soooooo... *Kobe smile*"

I'd personally take Embiid.  Most of you guys keep talking about this Wiggins and Parker.  NO doubt they can be the next Paul George and some wingman, but big guys are hard to come by. Check out Embiid.  But in terms  of LA actually having balls bounce in their direction is a tough bet.  They gave up a couple of draft picks for NASH if I'm not mistaken so I'm not sure how that goes.  Management focused too much on winning 'now', and never invested

i would like to add that EMBIID has college fundamentals, unlike dwight.  He has more moves and more flexibility and athleticism than dwight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom