[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

I'm not sure what kind of feels this will get from you guys, especially seeing Essential's response at the top of the last page
laugh.gif

The first episode in an exclusive Grantland series chronicling Steve Nash's return to the Lakers as the future Hall of Famer fights to save his NBA career and his 40th birthday looms.
Don't even want to watch it. As I responded to Lakers Nation, let's hope he crosses that finish line in April.

Wasn't until I actually sat down a chronicled what happened before Nash, and after Nash, that I truly began to see it.

I like Steve Nash, the player, and the guy.. I despise Steve Nash the Laker.
agreed

"Nick Young said to me the other day, 'do you ever watch old videos of yourself?' And... I think what' he's trying to say is, you're different now. You're not the same. On the one hand, he's completely right. And on the other hand, I haven't given in yet."

:frown:

In the video Baron Davis is helping him train. Ironic??

Last edited:
I'm not sure what kind of feels this will get from you guys, especially seeing Essential's response at the top of the last page
laugh.gif
I despised the Nash when he was on the Suns but respected him. It just sucks seeing him having to end his career with this mess the Lakers are going through.

When he was like, "When your athletic ability goes away, something inside you dies" the feeeeels man.

Last edited:
I can only blame Mitch/Jim for the moves they made & things they sacrificed around Nash. I can't blame Nash. He's a walking reminder that their gamble didn't pay off... but it's still not his fault imo.

Last edited:
Sorry I wasn't around LTB, but you saw some post how it all breaks down.

Far as I can remember, only once that I vaguely recall have TWO teams jumped. Wait, maybe two. Was 07 a double jump?
nerd.gif

So basically, the Bucks lock up the worst record, they are GUARANTEED nothing worse than #4. (3 teams jumping them)

If one teams jumps them, they get the 2.

Two teams, they get 3, so on and so on.

So it works both ways in terms of what we want. We can end up with 4th worst record, and still get a top 3 pick. OR, we could get 4th worst record, and still get 7th pick.

Flip to that is, we could get 8th worst record, and somehow jump into the top 3 (rare tho)

What we are basically doing by "tanking" is strengthening our position regardless of lottery. Even if 3 teams jumped us, we stay in the 4-5-6 mix, rather than getting dropped from 8 to 10-11.

And of course, with the more lottery balls, the better odds of us jumping from a 4, to a 2, or even the #1.
What I say?
Nah, nah... not what you said. Just what was said. All the 'On Tuesday, if it falls on the week of a holiday, we get the 1st pick, as long as we have a better record than anyone else whose season ended in the second lunar phase. Otherwise, we definitely get the 2nd or 3rd pick... as long as the majority of congressional seats is Democrat. If Republicans dominate, then we get..."

That Tiger pic was me reiterating "You know what? I'm out. Sorry I asked."

laugh.gif

Wasn't personal.

CP3 trade we didn't trade picks. Just Gasol & Odom. (Which means we never get the pick from Dallas for Odom)

We trade Bynum & a pick (off a title run) for Dwight. Not a troubled Bynum who hates Mike Brown.

We do not trade a 1st Round pick to the Cavs for Sessions.

We do not trade 4 picks (2 firsts & 2 seconds) for Steve Nash

So we would have had CP3 & Dwight with a net of 4 picks.

Phil is not indecisive about coming back. Jerry Buss doesn't pine for a Showtime Lakers, with a run and gun Point Guard Steve Nash, and pushes for Mike D'Antoni when Phil is indecisive. Also picking D'Antoni because he wants to maximize Steve Nash.

Steve Nash isn't here to be injured half the season, or be ineffective when he does play. Kobe doesn't have to drag us into the playoffs. He never injures his achilles.

CP3 doesn't leave. Dwight doesn't leave.

Kobe doesn't sign an extension because he doesn't feel the need to hold the Lakers name until a new guy comes in.

Summer of 2014, we have two stars, and a spot for a third star.

Even with all of that. I can forgive it. But he just WON'T walk away. So now we have a shot of doing a quick 1 year reset, but Old Man River is going to take up 1/6 of cap because he doesn't know when to hang it up.

Last edited:

cause he's being selfish and not retiring.

thats why.
cmon son.

blame the front office for the deal he got.

dont blame him for living, hes a bball player, hes under contract, hes trying to do his job. 

if that was you, youd be doing the same thing.

its human nature, to try. 

one day it'll be gone

if at the end of the year he says he cant go, just give him the stretch provision

take it as an l, at least the organization tried. 

Last edited:

The mess is his fault.
cause he intended to break his leg?
might as well blame kobe for trying to drive instead of taking a spot up jump shot
cause he's being selfish and not retiring.

thats why.
What in the world.

Because he wants to play, he's selfish?
I mean, I'm just saying what many fans are thinking.

dude keeps saying I wanna help the team..

retire; only way he can help the team.

and yeah I agree thats its on management to give steve nash that deal.

Management doesn't trade for Nash, doesn't give up picks, doesn't give him that contract... IF they were not backed into a corner.

End of story.

The reason he got that deal was he had a bigger money deal set up with Toronto. If we didn't desperately need the name, we aren't in the market for him, and Steve Nash is a Toronto Raptor.

Last edited:
A win-win scenario for Nash and the Lakers is that he files for medical retirement with the league cause of the nerve issue. The league ok's it, Nash gets the money owed to him, and it doesn't count towards the salary cap helping the Lakers out.

But how were they backed into a corner when it was them that sought out Nash? They willingly gave up what they gave up to get him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom