[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Well thanks guys. Honestly I had no clue that's how it worked :lol:

Great breakdowns by all of you. Thanks a bunch.

Reps for all of you :smile:

Any new poll ideas? Stick to food? Sleeper draft picks? Trade deadline candidates? More lunch meat chatter?

Any new poll ideas? Stick to food? Sleeper draft picks? Trade deadline candidates? More lunch meat chatter?

Well @Th3RealF0lkBlu3s told me I derail our thread with stupid stuff all the time so that's why I haven't been in a rush to make a new poll... :frown:

But if you guys have an idea and enjoy discussing random things then I'll put it up. I'm not trying to be a nuisance.

Give me a good poll idea

Sorry I wasn't around LTB, but you saw some post how it all breaks down.

Far as I can remember, only once that I vaguely recall have TWO teams jumped. Wait, maybe two. Was 07 a double jump?
nerd.gif

So basically, the Bucks lock up the worst record, they are GUARANTEED nothing worse than #4. (3 teams jumping them)
If one teams jumps them, they get the 2.
Two teams, they get 3, so on and so on.

So it works both ways in terms of what we want. We can end up with 4th worst record, and still get a top 3 pick. OR, we could get 4th worst record, and still get 7th pick.

Flip to that is, we could get 8th worst record, and somehow jump into the top 3 (rare tho)

What we are basically doing by "tanking" is strengthening our position regardless of lottery. Even if 3 teams jumped us, we stay in the 4-5-6 mix, rather than getting dropped from 8 to 10-11.

And of course, with the more lottery balls, the better odds of us jumping from a 4, to a 2, or even the #1.

What about....

Favorite pizza topping?

Or...

Favorite preparation of Potatoes?

Or...

Favorite non-Nike brand of all time?

Or...

Favorite non-Lakers team of all time?

Or...

Favorite Car brand?

:nerd:

Lmao..the threads r fine, gives us a distraction from this nightmare season....trade candidates, I guess...realistic options only.

I looked up h.barnes deal.

3M in 14-15
3.8M in 15-16

Kaman straight up would work financially and we can draft sayyyyyyy randle or vonleh to pair up with barnes,shoring up the forward spots.

Having said that, GS aint doin that. Lol. More wishful thinking.

Kaman/wes for barnes/filler(brooks)...

Sorry I wasn't around LTB, but you saw some post how it all breaks down.

Far as I can remember, only once that I vaguely recall have TWO teams jumped. Wait, maybe two. Was 07 a double jump? :nerd:

So basically, the Bucks lock up the worst record, they are GUARANTEED nothing worse than #4. (3 teams jumping them)

If one teams jumps them, they get the 2.

Two teams, they get 3, so on and so on.

So it works both ways in terms of what we want. We can end up with 4th worst record, and still get a top 3 pick. OR, we could get 4th worst record, and still get 7th pick.

Flip to that is, we could get 8th worst record, and somehow jump into the top 3 (rare tho)

What we are basically doing by "tanking" is strengthening our position regardless of lottery. Even if 3 teams jumped us, we stay in the 4-5-6 mix, rather than getting dropped from 8 to 10-11.

And of course, with the more lottery balls, the better odds of us jumping from a 4, to a 2, or even the #1.
View media item 744016

View media item 800750

What I say?

Lmao..the threads r fine, gives us a distraction from this nightmare season....trade candidates, I guess...realistic options only.

I looked up h.barnes deal.

3M in 14-15
3.8M in 15-16

Kaman straight up would work financially and we can draft sayyyyyyy randle or vonleh to pair up with barnes,shoring up the forward spots.

Having said that, GS aint doin that. Lol. More wishful thinking.

Kaman/wes for barnes/filler(brooks)...

My man say Kaman for Harrison Barnes?

Was that serious, or just jokes? :lol:

Pretty sure we couldn't get Matt Barnes for Kaman, much less Harrison.

I'm not sure what kind of feels this will get from you guys, especially seeing Essential's response at the top of the last page :lol:

The first episode in an exclusive Grantland series chronicling Steve Nash's return to the Lakers as the future Hall of Famer fights to save his NBA career and his 40th birthday looms.

I'm not sure what kind of feels this will get from you guys, especially seeing Essential's response at the top of the last page :lol:

The first episode in an exclusive Grantland series chronicling Steve Nash's return to the Lakers as the future Hall of Famer fights to save his NBA career and his 40th birthday looms.

Don't even want to watch it. As I responded to Lakers Nation, let's hope he crosses that finish line in April.

Wasn't until I actually sat down a chronicled what happened before Nash, and after Nash, that I truly began to see it.

I like Steve Nash, the player, and the guy.. I despise Steve Nash the Laker.

Last edited:
What about....

Favorite pizza topping?

Or...

Favorite preparation of Potatoes?

Or...

Favorite non-Nike brand of all time?

Or...

Favorite non-Lakers team of all time?

Or...

Favorite Car brand?

nerd.gif
You all are NOT trying to get into a pizza discussion w/ me, for real.

I break all kinds of these stupid unwritten rules with everything all the time, and pizza is no different. Favorite 2 pizzas are bbq chicken (bbq sauce instead of tomato sauce, grilled chicken, pineapple, onions, and green peppers; "Pineapple on pizza?!" Yes. Bite me.), or chicken alfredo (alfredo sauce instead of tomato, grilled chicken, mushrooms.)

Favorite REGULAR pizza? Veggie. No olives. Mushrooms, green peppers, onions, tomato. *salivating*

Potatoes? Baked!

Non-nike? Adidas.

Non-Lakers? Clippers.

Car brand? I'm big on Silverado + Corvette, so yeah. But overall? Gotta go with Honda, Toyota, or Nissan. Probably Nissan, because of the GT-R, 4-door Frontier w/ a 6-foot bed, and the simple Altima. And the Z. I don't know, Toyota's got Lexus, though. And I love the Honda Ridgeline.

Back
Top Bottom