[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Kaman to Warriors
Pau to Suns
Blake to Wizards
Meeks to Bobcats

Get those 4 done. You could pretty much guarantee top 5 pick. Get another 1st. Get two seconds. Get under the luxury tax.

Best player we'd get out of these deals would be Anthony Tolliver.

Last edited:
Kaman to Warriors
Pau to Suns
Blake to Wizards
Meeks to Bobcats

Get those 4 done. You could pretty much guarantee top 5 pick. Get another 1st. Get two seconds. Get under the luxury tax.

Goddamn 
sick.gif

Kaman to Warriors

Pau to Suns

Blake to Wizards

Meeks to Bobcats

Goddamn  :x

View media item 800367
Selling low.

But getting out of the luxury tax, and getting what would be current the 29th, 41st & 46th pick.. Is long term thinking.

Last edited:

Kaman to Warriors

Pau to Suns

Blake to Wizards

Meeks to Bobcats

Goddamn 
sick.gif

Selling low.

But getting out of the luxury tax, and getting what would be current the 29th, 41st & 46th pick.. Is long term thinking.
I mean I agree with you completely.

but the fact that Pau once netted us Chris Paul.... oh wait..

but how Pau is only worth the 29th pick
laugh.gif

Mitch better be selling everything this weekend.

I don't care what the return is, everything must go.

I'd take back 2020 picks at this point, I don't care. Get all this garbage off my lawn.

They won't trade Kobe, Marshall, Kelly, Sacre, Swaggy, X, Farmar.. Those guys are pretty much off the table. Simply for the fact (with the exception of Kobe), they are cheap to keep. Also they won't return nearly what they can produce in the terms of Swaggy & Farmar.

Wes could be a throw in somewhere. But more than likely is with the first group.

Meeks maybe. Hill maybe. Two guys that the Front Office could try to hold out for more, and end up with nothing. I think Hill would be more likely of the two that Mitch holds out for more, and ends up finishing the season in LA.

Blake, Kaman & Pau strong possibilities.

Nash, I'm sure they would love to dump on someone else, but couldn't for anything. Mitch needs to beg Jerry West.. :lol:

Last edited:
Essential, CP, P... how does the draft work again with the early picks? More losses lands you more ping pong balls for like 1-13 or something, right?

Then it goes by record after that?

No?

Essential, CP, P... how does the draft work again with the early picks? More losses lands you more ping pong balls for like 1-13 or something, right?

Then it goes by record after that?

No?

More losses = more chance to get in the top 3 picks of the lottery.

Picks 1-3 are the only ones really determined by the ping pong balls.

If pick 1-3 were like from 7th, 8th, 12th worst records then 1-3 would get pick 4-6, rest of the picks go by record.

only 1-3. then the rest fall into place by record.
i thought the teams that didnt make the playoffs have a chance a scoring the #1 pick. with the team having the worst record of those teams having the best chances and the best record of non-playoff teams having a slight chance at getting the #1 pick

OK, two questions.

#1. Can you trade a potential 1-3?

#2. What if I traded you my top 5 pick next year... then I don't get a top 5 pick next year? Like I make the playoffs or something?

I'm still having difficulty deciphering how the whole lottery thing works.

Can someone please explain the pick 1-3 thing again? I'd like to understand this better. How exactly does the lottery work

OK, two questions.

#2. What if I traded you my top 5 pick next year... then I don't get a top 5 pick next year? Like I make the playoffs or something?
seriously, someone drop some knowledge on how protected picsk work too.

is it that if i trade you my top 5 protected pick, you only get it if it is 6 ^

I believe its computer assigned permutations of #s 1-14...the bucks will get 250 of 1000 combinations and so on. They draw 3 combos and those tms with those combinations get the first 3 picks. The rest goes by record.

For ex......if the computer assigns the lakers 4,1,11,7.....and the 1st drawing is that combination, lal gets the first pick and the tm with the 3rd worst record can have no better than the 4th pick unless their assigned permutations draws 2nd or 3rd.

If Jerry West really loved the Lakers, he'd keep Harrison Barnes far away from the Lakers.
Explain :nerd:

I was excited when barnes and klay came up in rumors for dwight last year :\
He's not that good, if he's even good at all.

Everybody got suckered into his hype after he played a dozen good games during the playoffs after a decent regular season during his rookie year.
OK, two questions.

1. Yes. But since the Lakers traded away last year's first round pick they have to wait until Draft night to trade this year's first round pick. So they have to actually make the pick (meaning the other team tells them who to pick) then trade that player's draft rights to said team.

2. They already traded next year's 2015 pick to the Suns in the Nash trade. But to break it down, most teams put some kind of protection when trading future first round draft picks. For instance, the Lakers get to keep their 2015 pick if it falls in the top five next year. If it lands at six? It goes to the Suns.

Just laugh to hide the crying.

only 1-3. then the rest fall into place by record.
i thought the teams that didnt make the playoffs have a chance a scoring the #1 pick. with the team having the worst record of those teams having the best chances and the best record of non-playoff teams having a slight chance at getting the #1 pick

That's right

OK, two questions.

Doesn't really work that way. You normally trade a pick without knowing where it will land up. You can leave it unprotected, meaning wherever you end up, the other team gets it. Or it is protected meaning it falls in a certain range you keep it.

Let's say I trade you a first round pick, I miss the playoffs, but it has a top 5 protection. If I get pick 1-5, the pick stays with me. 6-13 pick goes to you.

If I keep the pick, depends on what the protect is next year, normally it would be less protected, instead of top 5 this year, if I keep it, next year it might be top 3 protected.

Last edited:
In the current rules, 14 non-playoff teams participate in the draft lottery. The lottery is weighted so that the team with the worst record has the best chance of obtaining higher draft picks. The lottery process determines the first three picks of the draft. The rest of the first-round order of picks is in reverse order of the teams' win-loss record. The lottery does not determine the draft order in the second round of the draft. The term "lottery pick" denotes a draft pick whose position is determined through the lottery, while the non-playoff teams involved in the process are often called "lottery teams". The draft lottery system was first used in the 1985 draft.

Back
Top Bottom