[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Every team that doesn't make the playoffs has a weighted chance (certain number of pingpong balls). The worse the record the more ping pong balls.

At the actual lottery three pingpong balls are chosen out of a pot with all of the pingpong balls belonging to all the crap teams. Those are your first 3 picks. The rest of the draft goes in reverse order by record

Protected picks are transferred if they don't meet the protection terms after the lottery and when the draft order is set. Like "top 5" protected means if the pick is 1-5, it doesn't get traded and the other team has to wait for the trade compensation. It's entirely possible to trade picks 1-3, ie if they're unprotected (see: clippers, kyrie Irving for baron Davis :lol:)

Also for protected picks there can be levels of protection, like every year the pick isn't transferred the protection goes down until its unprotected

You know what, I'm'a go back to not even... yeah... I'm just... 

... what time does our massacre start tonight?

Over/under: 20 point loss.

Also for protected picks there can be levels of protection, like every year the pick isn't transferred the protection goes down until its unprotected

Not necessarily. Sometimes they actually don't, and the debt just "disappears" if it falls within a certain protection for an agreed upon number of years. More common in 2nd Round Picks than 1st.

I always laugh at the protection that if a first rounder isn't conveyed by X year, it turns into two second rounders. :lol:

He's not that good, if he's even good at all.

Everybody got suckered into his hype after he played a dozen good games during the playoffs after a decent regular season during his rookie year.
dont you think iggy has to do something with it this year tho? when iggy was out at the end of Nov to mid Dec, both harrison's mins and production went up

albeit inconsistent, hes only in his 2nd year and hes not even a 2nd option on the team

Last edited:
I despise Steve Nash, just because I know what happened that led to us getting him, and that HE, not Jim Buss, not Jeanie, not Mitch, is the reason we are where we are.

Last edited:
He's not that good, if he's even good at all.

Everybody got suckered into his hype after he played a dozen good games during the playoffs after a decent regular season during his rookie year.
dont you think iggy has to do something with it this year tho? when iggy was out at the end of Nov to mid Dec, both harrison's mins and production went up

albeit inconsistent, hes only in his 2nd year and hes not even a 2nd option on the team
No, not really. Barnes plays better next to Iguodala than without him.

Some of this is on Mark Jackson though. He keeps allowing Barnes to iso and hoist jumpers like he's Kevin Durant.

No way we lose by less than 15-20..we have 2 guards on the active roster..both PGs..neither can create for themselves, nursing injuries and zero shooting guards. With sacre, kelly, kaman, hill and wes johnson rotating between the 3 and the 2.

As stated after the jazz gm..okc 121-95 with durant dropping a casual 35+(4th quarter 20+deficit leads to sitting).

Kal el you love instigating with .gifs don't you?
laugh.gif

Imagine if OKC just has an off night and we get a super fluky win. We've had a few already.

Some dudes betting on the game would come up HUGE.

What's the spread :nerd:

Sorry I wasn't around LTB, but you saw some post how it all breaks down.

Far as I can remember, only once that I vaguely recall have TWO teams jumped. Wait, maybe two. Was 07 a double jump? :nerd:

So basically, the Bucks lock up the worst record, they are GUARANTEED nothing worse than #4. (3 teams jumping them)
If one teams jumps them, they get the 2.
Two teams, they get 3, so on and so on.

So it works both ways in terms of what we want. We can end up with 4th worst record, and still get a top 3 pick. OR, we could get 4th worst record, and still get 7th pick.

Flip to that is, we could get 8th worst record, and somehow jump into the top 3 (rare tho)

What we are basically doing by "tanking" is strengthening our position regardless of lottery. Even if 3 teams jumped us, we stay in the 4-5-6 mix, rather than getting dropped from 8 to 10-11.

And of course, with the more lottery balls, the better odds of us jumping from a 4, to a 2, or even the #1.

Correct, because there are only 3 drawings, u can drop a maximum of 3 spots based on records. Buy if you have the least amount of permutations (14th spot), u can still draw #1.

Fyi, line has moved from 11.5 to 10.5. I wouldnt touch the lakers and the points.....wheres the firepower gonna come from? So to recap-no firepower/cant defend....only 8 men dressing.unless Kd was at the rhino last night after hrs doing blow, we aint covering 10.5.

Back
Top Bottom