[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I'm torn on Lance.

I'm right in the middle between CP and P on the matter.

Everything CP says makes sense about him. But at the same time, my eyes aren't THAT impressed with him. Not enough to pay 9-10 per year at least.

But at the same time, there's not a lot of talent out there for us to grab... At least not in an affordable range.

Lance won't help us without having other franchise type talent first, so until we do have another franchise player I'm kinda with P... Unnecessary spending just for a kid with heart.

But again... Rebuilding has to start somewhere.

I JUST DONT KNOW. :smh:

Mitch, do what's right. Whatever that may be.

good to know. i saw him play in person when indiana came to town and at the time, stephenson's contributions to the team were very apparent. it didn't help that PG had a DUD of a game, but without looking at the box score, it was evident that dude had a big part in winning within the flow of the game.

Last edited:
P is absolutely correct in his view of Lance would not alter our franchise like a Bron/Durant, no question about that.

MY hope, is the pick BECOMES that player, ala Paul George. At which point, Lance becomes that nice little sidekick who has his back, play for years together, etc.

And then Love becomes the "reliable" guy, the vet, the rebounder, passer, score when needed, "little things" type role that plays off the pick and Lance.

Bledsoe has an injury history that worries me.
Melo is old and even more expensive.
Monroe is nice, and he could be cool with Love I suppose, but I think Lance is the better player
Hayward, meh.
I like Lowry, but even he is closer to 30 than I would like.
Deng has MILES on him.
Bron ain't comin.

Then we got this 24 year old who works his *** off and plays both ends of the court, and we might have a chance to steal him, from Larry Bird???? Sign me up for some of that. :lol:

*should be noted, I believe Lance to be Bird's offseason priority, which makes it tough to pull Lance I assume.

Yeah I'd be cool with that.
Just hope we get that next franchise Laker star soon.

The Lakers mystique deserves better :smh:

Last edited:
anyone think lance can become what harden has in houston? 

lance doesnt have that shooters consistency, although he does shoot 50% but eh from 3, 34%

i like hayward but not at what teams will offer him, i see him getting lance money from someone or at least a bit more than what the clips gave jj reddick ( 7 mil a year) 

Yeah I'd be cool with that.
Just hope we get that next franchise Laker star soon.

The Lakers mystique deserves better
mean.gif
we gon make it
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p6TrQzNTrRA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i see lance as a 3rd or even a 2nd option (maybe) but definitely not someone who you would shoulder your team to

Last edited:
It's a shame Heath passed away.
I feel like TDKR would of been much better with the Joker story continued.

He was worth the price of admission alone.

Last edited:
L2B, like CP said, Lance is 'basketball'.

When I think of him QUICKLY, I think 'buckets' and 'hustle'.

The reason you don't see him just blow you away when you watch him is because he's not flying all over the place like Lebron, he's not as smooth as Durant (he actually has to work to do what he does... but he DOES work), and because Indy plays a 'big man' game.

Dude is the truth (no Paul).

As far as not being our franchise guy, totally agree. BUT... if we were to play out CP's plan (Lance, top rookie, Love), I see us moving forward w/ promotions and what not as Lance and Love BOTH being 'the face' of our franchise.

Like... a poor man's Shaq and Kobe. Our marketing back then, sometimes it would be a TBS/TNT ad featuring Shaq and Tim Duncan, other times it might be Kobe's face and Iverson's mug, other times they might use a pic of both of them. Like NOW... well, not RIGHT now, but when Kobe's back... Kobe's our face. Period. You see a TNT ad selling a Thursday night game against OKC, you'll see Kobe's and Durant's face, no question.

Like 5 years from now, CP's plan plays out, you see that same 'Thursday on TNT' ad, it's Love & Lance vs. KD.

Methinks.

:rofl: @ our upcoming schedule.

It doesnt even matter if your PRO TANK or ANTITANK at this point. :lol:

We're about to get STOMPED ON and absolutely EMBARRASSED for the next few weeks. :smh:

CP, P... are you guys pro-Marcus Smart? (assuming we get him somewhere between pics 7-10)
I'm not a fan of Smart.

Turnover prone, inconsistent shooting PG that happens to be scoring minded and not uber-athletic? Ehhh. Maybe he reaches his potential as a bigger, slower Eric Bledsoe. Or maybe he'll be Jarrett Jack. I don't know.

But if the Lakers were in the 7-8-9 range, he'd be a great value pick. But at 4-5, not so much to me.

I assume you have Exum over Smart then?

That mock that Goodman did had Selden and Fair going to OKC. :smh:

All the talent on that roster, and they can pull 2 guys like that in the late 20's. I need Russ to get in there and break things up asap. :lol:

From what (little) I know of Exum, I'd probably rank him over Smart.

With a possible five day weekend due to the impending snow storm and holiday, I may be able to complete my Wiggins profile soon. :nerd:

I DO NOT WANT ENNIS.

Last edited:
He has us taking Ennis in the mock draft.

How do you guys feel about Nash 2.0???

That mock is outdated already bro, he has us at 8, we are at 5 right this second.

Hence, my "anger" with every W, you see what a jump they cause from where we should select, vs where we could select.

Back
Top Bottom