[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
nerd.gif

I like both versions of gtb and ltb

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Laker thread CP = every other thread CP = Twitter CP = real life CP = I ran out of ideas to keep this going....

Mike Trudell
‏@LakersReporter
Steve Nash is out for the second half with nerve root irritation, the same issue that's plagued him all season.

Just hang it up mayne.
Kobe-Smacks-Chair.gif

Last edited:
Nash's contract is a little more complicated now.

Lakers can no longer get out of his contract due to medical retirement. Since he has played his 10th game.

So unless Nash retires, and decides to forego the money $9.7mil next year, Lakers are on the hook for it.

Only way out of that money (sort of) is if Nash & the Lakers come to an agreement on a lesser amount. Therefore, Lakers agree not to contest his retirement. Or Lakers use the stretch provision on Nash, which allows them to release Nash by paying him $3.233mil a year over the next 3 years. If Nash doesn't give up the money, or they do not come to a buyout or stretch provision, the Lakers can sue Steve Nash and force him to play.

Last edited:
So....nash.

My man played his 10th gm tonight. Medical retirement cap relief-out the window.

Anyways...steve, youve had a hell of a run. Seriously, go be a movie director with b Diddy. Something else aside from paying the price.

So whats a good final score prediction for thurs vs okc with 2 guards(ZERO 2-GUARDS)?

How does 124-89 sound with durant dropping 52?

Steve Nash...dammit....why'd you have to go and play tonight knowing damn well you're done!!!!

If Nash retires and tries to keep the 9+ mil, I'm going to ******* riot.

3 months of workin out while we lose, so he can come back for 4 measly games and lock in the deal. :smh:

This plus the Kobe deal is making me get real suspicious of these front office clowns. They HAVE to know him playing is ZERO benefit to the roster.

If Nash retires and tries to keep the 9+ mil, I'm going to ******* riot.

3 months of workin out while we lose, so he can come back for 4 measly games and lock in the deal. :smh:

This plus the Kobe deal is making me get real suspicious of these front office clowns. They HAVE to know him playing is ZERO benefit to the roster.

You can't really force him to sit.

It's not like it's some random guy.

It's Steve Nash, not to mention it isn't like we have an amount of players who can keep him from playing. We have 2 guards total besides Nash.

Even then, if you sit him out for 2 months, when he felt ready to play when the court hearing for it happens, that will most certainly come up, and the Lakers will lose their claim. Lakers had really no choice.

IF he retires, I think he will just walk away from it all. Not because he wants to, but he knows he needs to. Nor will he ask for the $9+mil because he truly is a good guy, and knows he hasn't been able to (unfortunately) live up to his contract.

Last edited:
Gotta stretch him. 25M+3.3M+800k+800k for kobe, sacre, marshall(non guar) and nash(stretch) is roughly 30M with an estimated 62M cap. 32M in space and a top 7 pick. It needs to be May already.

I forgot about the permutations of the lotto......and how the records dictate where u select after 3 drawings. We'll see. Imma check tankingforwiggins.com in about an hr (hourly updates)

Gotta stretch him. 25M+3.3M+800k+800k for kobe, sacre, marshall(non guar) and nash(stretch) is roughly 30M with an estimated 62M cap. 32M in space and a top 7 pick. It needs to be May already.

I forgot about the permutations of the lotto......and how the records dictate where u select after 3 drawings. We'll see. Imma check tankingforwiggins.com in about an hr (hourly updates)

That's $3.2-3.3 every year for the next 3 years.

At that point, you might as well just pay the whole $9.7mil for 1 year.

Or you buy him out for half his contract, and pay it for 1 year.

Last edited:
Yeah....this situations dicey. I think steve has a great career after basketball and I trust he and mitch will put their collective heads together and do the righteous thing.

Back
Top Bottom