[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Personally, I'm fine with the Farmar and Marshall tandem for the time being. I wouldn't be oppposed to drafting a PG though (I don't know enough about Exum and Smart is iffy to me).

I think management could lure Lowry if they really wanted him. But I hope they don't.
thats what i mean. both on 2 year deals at low cost.

with Kobe still around for 2 more years we wouldnt be getting the full return on giving lowry a deal around 7-8. 
no thank you to born ready
laugh.gif

If you were told that between me & CP, one of us really wants Kobe to get a 6th and the other recognizes that's not going to happen and that rebuilding for post-Kobe needs to be the focus, how many would accurately guess who feels which way? :lol:

Hey, I certainly want Kobe to get his 6th, but I do NOT deem that to be more important than the next several years.

I hope very much we can make the right moves and he can be here to help, sadly, his 48 million is not very helpful ,and for that, I have to look to when that money no longer hinders us to see when we can return to where we belong.

Make zero mistake, I am TIRED of the Staples Center being home for Clipper playoff games, while we sit on our ***.

We have not won a playoff game since 2012.

Our next chance won't be til 2015, at the earliest.

That fact INFURIATES me.

So when I go a little heavy on tanking for our new "free" franchise star, it's because that importance is WAY more important than these stupid *** February wins so many are cheering blindly for.

Would you guys do the following trade:

Chris Kaman (or Jordan Hill, but I prefer Kaman to be moved) and Jodie Meeks (Kevin Martin is out indefinitely with a broken thumb) for Ronny Turiaf (Robert Sacre and Ronny!), Dante Cunningham and a second rounder (they own the Warriors and Pelicans' 2014 second round picks as well as their own)?

It should be noted Turiaf is signed through the end of next year. Maybe Mitch could coax two second rounders from Flip Saunders.

:nerd:

Last edited:
Sacrificing a few years to get kobe his 6th was what we did when getting nash

Didnt work out so its time to move on

Would rather the lakers have more than the celtics than kobe having the same amount as jordan

Sacrificing a few years to get kobe his 6th was what we did when getting nash
Yes. To add to that, now they have to recover from what they gave up.

It's not like the Lakers have a choice to sacrifice a few years in the future to win now, for Kobe, or for the sake of impatient fans.

Last edited:
Would you guys do the following trade:

Chris Kaman (or Jordan Hill, but I prefer Kaman to be moved) and Jodie Meeks (Kevin Martin is out indefinitely with a broken thumb) for Ronny Turiaf (Robert Sacre and Ronny!), Dante Cunningham and a second rounder (they own the Warriors and Pelicans' 2014 second round picks as well as their own)?

It should be noted Turiaf is signed through the end of next year. Maybe Mitch could coax two second rounders from Flip Saunders.

:nerd:

Kaman + Meeks being this year guys, to bring in 1 (or 2) 2nd rounders + Turiaf for 1.6 mil.

Even if we were promised the first of the 3 second rounders, I don't think I would take on Turiaf's 1.6. However, if we did somehow get two 2nds, then maybe I'd change my mind. 40-45ish type picks, 2 of them, that cheap, could be useful goin forward. If Kelly at 48 can be useable, those might work out the same if not better. One year of Turiaf would be worth both, but not just one. Imo.

the wolves already have two offensive bigmen that are horrid defenders, i dont see why they would want hill or kaman who are also offensive bigmen that are horrid defenders 

But in his 23 games (15 starts) for the Lakers, Marshall is leading the entire NBA in three-point shooting. Not Kyle Korver (third), Kevin Durant (13th) or Klay Thompson (18th). Kendall Marshall.

small sample size but still impressive, shooting 44/89 49.4%

Shotchart_13920175489231-500x470.png

he's also averaging 9.3 assists per game, good for 2nd best behind CP3

Long term is like 5 years. No one on this team should be here 5years from now.

Also factor in money. You really can't keep everyone. If Meeks wants $3mil+, can't keep him, you have to let him walk because he prevents us from building.

Last edited:
Classic essential, over analyzing everything. By long term, I'm referring to a year out from now, not 5

And of course I'm factoring money into the equation. I'd shell out 3 mil a year for his services. He can be an integral part of the bench we've been yearning for so badly. No more than 3 mil tho

Back
Top Bottom