[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Lakers next 16 games are BRUTAL

vs. OKC
vs, HOU
vs. BOS
vs. BK
@ IND
@ MEM (Back to Back)
vs. SAC
@ POR
vs, NO (Back to Back)
vs. LAC
@ DEN (Back to Back, 4th in 5 days)
vs. OKC,
@ OKC
@ SA (Back to Back)
vs. SA
vs. WAS

11 of next 16 for Lakers against Playoff teams. The 5 games against non playoff teams, 3 are 2nd game of back to back

Last edited:
You can't really force him to sit.

It's not like it's some random guy.

It's Steve Nash, not to mention it isn't like we have an amount of players who can keep him from playing. We have 2 guards total besides Nash.

Even then, if you sit him out for 2 months, when he felt ready to play when the court hearing for it happens, that will most certainly come up, and the Lakers will lose their claim. Lakers had really no choice.

IF he retires, I think he will just walk away from it all. Not because he wants to, but he knows he needs to. Nor will he ask for the $9+mil because he truly is a good guy, and knows he hasn't been able to (unfortunately) live up to his contract.

SO nobody would take less to win a title BUT you expect nash not to collect that 9 mill because hes a good guy?

so 99.9 percent of this world is filled with bad guys? lol

by the way i did not expect the lakers to lose tonight lol

i so want that guy who said this team was better off without kobe to reappear

they must be giving away clown college degrees these days

Last edited:
You can't really force him to sit.

It's not like it's some random guy.

It's Steve Nash, not to mention it isn't like we have an amount of players who can keep him from playing. We have 2 guards total besides Nash.

Even then, if you sit him out for 2 months, when he felt ready to play when the court hearing for it happens, that will most certainly come up, and the Lakers will lose their claim. Lakers had really no choice.

IF he retires, I think he will just walk away from it all. Not because he wants to, but he knows he needs to. Nor will he ask for the $9+mil because he truly is a good guy, and knows he hasn't been able to (unfortunately) live up to his contract.

SO nobody would take less to win a title BUT you expect nash not to collect that 9 mill because hes a good guy?

so 99.9 percent of this world is filled with bad guys? lol

The Lakers didn't offer Kobe $15mil, and he said no I want, $23.5mil.. They offered him $23.5mil. Nobody who still CAN PLAY, is getting offered $23.5mil, and himself suggesting $15mil from that team. No no no I don't want $23.5mil first year, give me $15mil. No one is doing that. Lakers gave the offer, they set his market. Unfair market if you approach from a basketball standpoint, a fair market if you approach it like a business.

On the other hand, you have a player retiring, which is a different thing in itself.

You are creating an apples and oranges situation.

Him not taking the $9mil is more so him being done with basketball. If he doesn't his choice is accept a buyout of less, or be forced to play by the Lakers & the league.

Last edited:

vs. OKC
vs, HOU
vs. BOS
vs. BK
@ IND
@ MEM (Back to Back)
vs. SAC
@ POR
vs, NO (Back to Back)
vs. LAC
vs. OKC,
@ OKC
@ SA (Back to Back)
vs. SA
vs. WAS

11 of next 16 for Lakers against Playoff teams. The 5 games against non playoff teams, 3 are 2nd game of back to back

Will be tough to make that playoff push but I think we can do it.

We have beaten the Celtics, Cavs and 6ers in 2014 ya know. :pimp:

vs. OKC
vs, HOU
vs. BOS
vs. BK
@ IND
@ MEM (Back to Back)
vs. SAC
@ POR
vs, NO (Back to Back)
vs. LAC
vs. OKC,
@ OKC
@ SA (Back to Back)
vs. SA
vs. WAS

That is as favorable as it can get for team tank. If they come out clutch like today they might be able to lose games against Boston, Sac, Was, and BK.

I would not be surprised if they go 0-16 or if they get a few upsets either. It could cement them as a top 3 lottery team.

bottom 7 may be a lock if pau gasol gets traded before the trade deadline

assuming of course mitch kupchak doesnt trade him for lebron and two first rounders

Man the bucks are so pitiful. And the sixers getting blown out everynight by 40 points.

I guess its safe to say theres like 6 teams battling for that 3rd position :lol:

:rofl: @ our upcoming schedule.

It doesnt even matter if your PRO TANK or ANTITANK at this point. :lol:

We're about to get STOMPED ON and absolutely EMBARRASSED for the next few weeks. :smh:

CP, P... are you guys pro-Marcus Smart? (assuming we get him somewhere between pics 7-10)

In the 5-6 range, I am fine either way with Exum-Smart. I don't give a crap about pushing fat white guys in the stands, that kid cares about his team/game, he doesn't just lay down and die. I ride with fighters, so long as they fighting about winning, not fighting just to mix it up for no damn reason ala Matt Barnes.

i havent watched many indiana games, but why do some of you like stephenson so much and want him on the lakers? i may have prematurely dismissed him as i know he's having a breakout season, but what are some qualities of his game that you guys like?

not meant to be an attacking post, just genuinely curious as i haven't seen him play much.

Lakers want him. So you draft with that in mind.

Lakers have a short list of who they will make a run at.
1. LeBron James
2. Eric Bledsoe
3. Lance Stephenson
4. Kyle Lowry
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Luol Deng

That's who they are going after, doesn't mean they get any one of them. Nor did I say they get any one of them.

So no Lebron (likely), no Bledsoe (likely) means they will push to get Lance

Last edited:
i havent watched many indiana games, but why do some of you like stephenson so much and want him on the lakers? i may have prematurely dismissed him as i know he's having a breakout season, but what are some qualities of his game that you guys like?

not meant to be an attacking post, just genuinely curious as i haven't seen him play much.
he's a solid player overall, offensively and defensively.

if he had the ball in his hands more dude could mess around and put up triple doubles. ( he leads the league this year with 4) 

Lance is a basketball junkie. The kid lives for the sport and works his *** off at it.

To me, having a 24 year old, still developing player with that kind of heart/effort is something I want on my squad goin forward, especially after watching Kobe be that from 17 to today.

This same kid at 20-21 was mixin it up with LeBron in the NBA playoffs, with no fear whatsoever. Now as he adds the talent/skill to that moxy, now you got somethin.

He helps on both ends of the court, has no injury history and even at this young age, has some solid postseason experience. (with more coming this postseason)

Out of all the players we can pursue, who has that combination? Clean injury history, young, improving, offense/defense, loves the game-works hard, and postseason experience?

Oh, and he's a clear free agent, no need to worry about his team matching, etc etc. If we give him an offer he likes, he can sign and he's ours. Imagine signing Bledsoe or Monroe, for 9 days he's ours, and then their team matches and they are gone. I'm not tryna deal with that.

If Lance can be had for 7-8-9-10 million, and we can draft a 19 year old to go next to his 24 year old self, and we can pull Love next season at 27-28ish, that's a layered core I can rock with.

Back
Top Bottom