[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
so close to that 3 game win streak. welp, on to the next one.

LETS BUILD ON THIS.

man i hate when bernie's name is brought up when he was doing his interim duties. dude coached 5 games. And even then, more than half of those games, mda was already seen coaching his practice with crutches

Last edited:
no one is saying MDA is phil or riley or pop

if phil or riley or pop wanted to coach us for a respectable price it would be a no brainer but they dont

mike dantoni was/is one of the best coaches available right now, all the other top coaches are retired or have jobs

if we keep up the losing and draft a great post player that needs to be developed like embiid then we let dantoni go and find a guy who's better at working with a high usage post player

if we get a guard then theres nothing wrong with keeping dantoni going forward.

I don't see how any Lakers fan could complain about D'antoni right now considering what he is getting out of that god-awful roster.

Last edited:
so you say these things about dantoni and talk about how winning is the most important

then you bring up bernie bickerstaff whos career coaching record is *drum roll*

419-518!!!! 45% winrate

then bring up lionel hollins with his *drum roll*

214-201!!!! 51% winrate

how are these guys better than dantoni? were are their championship rings?

care to list some more "better than dantoni" coaches? ill wait

Let's talk about your god Mike Andrew D'Antoni

*drum roll*

An astounding 52.5% much better than Lionel Hollins a massive 1.5% points better.

However, in the playoffs Mike Andrew D'Antoni is disappointing 44.1% having lost his last 8 playoff games.

Lionel Hollins is 51.4% in the playoffs.

Lionel Hollins may not be a championship caliber coach, but i'd take him over D'Antoni any day. I don't have an answer for who the next coach should be, I just know we aren't going anywhere with MDA.

Let's talk about your god Mike Andrew D'Antoni

*drum roll*

An astounding 52.5% much better than Lionel Hollins a massive 1.5% points better.

However, in the playoffs Mike Andrew D'Antoni is disappointing 44.1% having lost his last 8 playoff games.

Lionel Hollins is 51.4% in the playoffs.

Lionel Hollins may not be a championship caliber coach, but i'd take him over D'Antoni any day. I don't have an answer for who the next coach should be, I just know we aren't going anywhere with MDA.
assuming you are including the kobeless playoff team vs SA?

and the carmelo knicks vs boston?

Last edited:
if there is a better option than mike dantoni then we will go for it

right now there isnt, if you want dantoni gone go knock on phils door and convince him to come out of retirement

lionel hollins got fired after his best season as a coach, there is no logical reason to think he is a better coach than dantoni

if there is a better option than mike dantoni then we will go for it

right now there isnt, if you want dantoni gone go knock on phils door and convince him to come out of retirement

lionel hollins got fired after his best season as a coach, there is no logical reason to think he is a better coach than dantoni

Right now, no point in firing him. In the offseason, I look forward to his dismissal. The Lakers did knock on Phil Jackson's door, he got up but was turned away in favor of your current offensive guru.

kobe will get some burn before the season ends and swaggy will be back. the lakers will not end the season with the worst record. quote me on that >D

hiring dantoni on a normal coaches contract > giving phil a coaching job + mitches job a way higher salary and be okay with our head coach skipping every road game

if you think picking dantoni over phil was purely based on coaching ability then you are very misinformed 

Celtics play the Bucks tomorrow :pimp:

Sixers back to back versus Warriors :frown:

Kings @ Cavs on Tuesday :pimp:

We have the Jazz.

Last edited:
Celtics play the Bucks tomorrow
pimp.gif

Sixers back to back versus Warriors
frown.gif

Kings @ Cavs on Tuesday
pimp.gif

We have the Jazz.
day after we play the jazz they go on to play philly 
pimp.gif

same day the kings play the knicks

and the cavs play the pistons 
pimp.gif

4 days, just one game to lose. lets get it done team

hiring dantoni on a normal coaches contract > giving phil a coaching job + mitches job a way higher salary and be okay with our head coach skipping every road game

if you think picking dantoni over phil was purely based on coaching ability then you are very misinformed 

If you believe that, so be it.

I would rather have Phil Jackson, i'll leave it at that.

Enjoy the rest of the season.

Go Lakers.

10 days or so to the deadline as well.

Need to trade Pau, Kaman, Blake, Young, Hill, Nash, Meeks.

Move half these and I'll be dancin in these E-streets.

Back
Top Bottom