[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
another thing, its not as random as you guys think

look at the players we have gotten out of the draft, look at the thunder or spurs or pacers

they're not luckier than other teams, they just know how to choose players better

then you bring up examples like the knicks or cavs or twolves or michael jordan who pick bums every year and use that as an excuse to say the draft is random

trust mitch to pick the best player in the player pool, trust that he will get us a better player if we pick top 5 than if we pick 10th

another thing, its not as random as you guys think

look at the players we have gotten out of the draft, look at the thunder or spurs or pacers

they're not luckier than other teams, they just know how to choose players better

then you bring up examples like the knicks or cavs or twolves or michael jordan who pick bums every year and use that as an excuse to say the draft is random

trust mitch to pick the best player in the player pool, trust that he will get us a better player if we pick top 5 than if we pick 10th

BINGO

They (the losses) will come.....imma just let it materialize.....but during the conference finals.......this thread is gonna blow the **** up unlike anything ive ever seen.

Side note...I wonder who well send as the rep. I hope its jeannie and shes just sittin there fist pumping at our pick smiling while all the other GMs hate.

True. But I mean we can speculate all day. I think we all pretty much agree we are going to have to trade half the team for our best shot at a top 5 pick. Once that either happens or doesn't we can at least gain some sense for the direction the team is headed.

And then we can all speculate and argue about that all day :lol:

we will always come up with different ways for the lakers to reach their goal

if the goal is to get a top draft pick then theres using bad lineups, trading players ect. we have no control over it but we will talk about it

if the goal is to win a championship we will argue about what players need more playing time, kobe should shoot less, why is derick fisher missing another layup, if only lamar wasnt high every other game, bynum's body language sucks, ect.. all things we dont have any control over but we voice our opinion on how we think the team and players can do better, because thats what fans do

True, again......

But as ppl say....players dont tank, FOs do. Unless theyre point shaving but thats a whole nother story..

If they trade current "assets" for picks, then its safe to say theyve "punted" the season or waved the white flag.....or.............in other words, "tanking"...albeit inadvertently (not throwing games).

All "assets" have value that can help contenders and are all expiring.

Pau, hill, young, farmar, blake, X, wes, kaman. All cheap and expiring with value.

These next 12 days should be interesting.

I know you mean well, but I'm askin you to draw me a picture that explains how stupid meaningless 20 games under .500 type wins against teams we are fighting for a top 3-5 pick benefit us when they pull Jabari, Wiggins, Embiid, Smart, Exum and Randle, and we come up with the leftovers?

Honestly, why does that win vs the Cavs matter, big picture for us?

We cherish it like game 7 2010?
Or game 4 2002?
Or .4?
87 Skyhook?

No, right?
youre right in the big picture , i just feel like besides 2 players in this draft i dont know that their are any superstars worth going all in for so i dont mind being happy after a win like the one in cleveland.
laugh.gif
 we aint catching milwakee and maybe the lottery balls work out in our favor but the nba season is too long to be in tank mode for me 
laugh.gif
....fast food aint good for you in the long run but after what we been through this season i dont mind a bucket of fried "LMAO CLEVELAND GONNA CLEVELAND" with that said this years lakers team sucks , most of us cant deal with losing seasons and heres to as little of them as possible

Last edited:
The only thing the FO cares about is PR, from what MoMo, McTen, Beto,etc say...again...I trust mitch. He wont get fleeced, and he wont be overly demanding....remember, other tms on the cusp get more desperate in the 11th hour.

I have a feeling hes gonna at the very least get us a 2nd. Top 5 pick, a second and 30 mill or so in cap room....I can dig it.

Mitch been greedy :lol:

All I know is that what the cavs did on Wednesday was tanking. I want no parts of that and I don't think kyrie or any true competitor does either. That's the type of thing you might just pass up big money to avoid. That was disgusting. Some of yall are really cool with playing like that? Every single game? I just can't get down like that. I would be ashamed to be a laker fan

I will likely get flamed for this but I believe in karma and feel like the lakers will be rewarded because they are actually trying to win. Like attracts like, competition attracts competitors

Last edited:
from a fan excitement stand point, there will be way more people jumping on the bandwagon if we get a wiggins type player rather than "the 38-45 lakers return for another season!"

Mitch been greedy
laugh.gif

All I know is that what the cavs did on Wednesday was tanking. I want no parts of that and I don't think kyrie or any true competitor does either. That's the type of thing you might just pass up big money to avoid. That was disgusting. Some of yall are really cool with playing like that? Every single game? I just can't get down like that. I would be ashamed to be a laker fan

I will likely get flamed for this but I believe in karma and feel like the lakers will be rewarded because they are actually trying to win. Like attracts like, competition attracts competitors
you dont trade bynum for deng to tank, the cavs are not even trying to tank they're just THAT bad

any chance dante exum jumps andrew wiggins ..from a need point of view i can see the bucks going after exum unless they trade larry sanders or giannis antetokounmpo

And to you Sea Manup who said you trust Mitch to pick the best player. I do too, but I have to give credit when it's due and many Laker fans just don't do it, we are so spoiled. Mitch wanted May in 2005 I believe. Jim Buss with his secretive draft methods (every team has their own secret methods) wanted Bynum. Now some freak injuries/bad luck stopped Bynum from being great, but an amazing pick from Buss nonetheless. Then there was this whole running thing about Bynum being Buss' pet so he'd never trade him and he'll ruin the Lakers with his stubborn ways. He proceeds to get a deal for Dwight Howard using Bynum, which unfortunately didn't work, due to a lot of things. But hindsight is 20/20 and at that point it was an awesome deal for LA.  

I'm specifically talking about that one game. Cavs needed to lose to stay "ahead" in the standings. Was it ever revealed why they benched their best player in the 4th quarter of a tight game? Poor lineups, lack of adjustments, just "letting the game go"....that's tanking right? That's what yall suggest the lakers do in order to get a top pick at all costs?

the bucks cant afford to try and make a surprise pick

if wiggins doesnt work out for them then its bad luck

if exum doesnt work out for them then they're idiots

I'm specifically talking about that one game. Cavs needed to lose to stay "ahead" in the standings. Was it ever revealed why they benched their best player in the 4th quarter of a tight game? Poor lineups, lack of adjustments, just "letting the game go"....that's tanking right? That's what yall suggest the lakers do in order to get a top pick at all costs?
kyrie was not playing well, -25 for the game i think

it was actually a very ballsy un-mike brown move to bench their superstar even when he was a big reason for the teams slow start

They made their comeback without Irving out there. The ball moved much better and he wasn't even doing anything this game. Didn't we crucify D'antoni for putting Kobe back that first game back and not riding the hot hand of Henry? Pop does this too, if he has players that brought them back, he'll keep them in and sit out his starters. I don't see how this was tanking/getting orders from the front office. 

Even Cavs fans hate Irving. They hate how the ball stops with him and how awful he is defensively. 

Pretty sure I remember OKC losing extra games for two years after they drafted Durant, helping them land Harden, which immediately paid off the following season.

They must have had great culture to go from tanking to winning so quickly......

Back
Top Bottom