[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I agree. But sometimes u just never know....what if wiggins is a 2 or 3 yr project and say a james young or tyler ennis becomes an immediate impact player who is an all star calibur player from the jump...and they can be had at 8-12...

Do I want wiggins? Absolutely...but who knows....I mean luck/rg3/tanehill/weeden were all considered better than russell wilson...talk about physical tools, benefitting from the tm hes on.....but russell a winner and u can't measure that (good decisions/clubhouse presense/intangibles)....what if ennis is winner? What if jabari parker is more rudy gay than melo or pp....only time will tell...the bottom line.....u just gotta use the pick wisely...character/talent/attitude etc. One reason why I love exum.
basketball =/= football, not every team needs a QB. every team would like a guy like wiggins

the lakers will always do whatever they can to make the most of the pick they have, if they get to pick top 3 they can use all their knowledge and pick from a player pool that is way bigger than if they get to pick 10th.

maybe some other gms are also really smart and they pick the steal of the draft 7th or 8th, we cant pick him because we are 10th. if we were 3rd we could pick that guy if we really thought he was better than everyone else

First post. Long time lurker of the site. As a lifetime lakers fan I could never root for them to lose. That being said losses don't ruin my day the way it used too when we had higher expectations for the team in years past. I'm amazed we won consecutive games with our injury riddled squad.

I agree. But sometimes u just never know....what if wiggins is a 2 or 3 yr project and say a james young or tyler ennis becomes an immediate impact player who is an all star calibur player from the jump...and they can be had at 8-12...

Do I want wiggins? Absolutely...but who knows....I mean luck/rg3/tanehill/weeden were all considered better than russell wilson...talk about physical tools, benefitting from the tm hes on.....but russell a winner and u can't measure that (good decisions/clubhouse presense/intangibles)....what if ennis is winner? What if jabari parker is more rudy gay than melo or pp....only time will tell...the bottom line.....u just gotta use the pick wisely...character/talent/attitude etc. One reason why I love exum.
basketball =/= football, not every team needs a QB. every team would like a guy like wiggins

the lakers will always do whatever they can to make the most of the pick they have, if they get to pick top 3 they can use all their knowledge and pick from a player pool that is way bigger than if they get to pick 10th.

maybe some other gms are also really smart and they pick the steal of the draft 7th or 8th, we cant pick him because we are 10th. if we were 3rd we could pick that guy if we really thought he was better than everyone else

BINGO

Comparing 6-60 versus 1-5 is 165 players versus 15 players over 3 years.

"The right system turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden

It's all about scouting, but you should rather hope for 1 than 13.

Last edited:
Watch mitch do something like monroe/bledsoe FA signings and drafts exum.

Monroe(banger)
R.kelly(stretch 4 for _'Antoni)
Kobe at the 3(lol)
Exum
Bledsoe

Bench of swaggy,kendall, hill, meeks, X, sacre and nash....

Would anyone except that?

So, to be clear, you left out

LeBron
Melo
Wade
Bosh
Dwight
LaMarcus
Durant
Love
Russ
Harden
Rose
Blake
Wall

Why, exactly????

Think I'm ******* stupid or something?
laugh.gif

Going off 3 years means jack ****.
the only 3 players with a ring on that list play on the same team

Comparing 6-60 versus 1-5 is 165 players versus 15 players over 3 years.

:lol: :lol:

I'm sayin.

"Let me create an argument excluding every elite player ever in the top 5 to make my argument SOLID"

:lol: :lol:

Kareem, West, Baylor, Magic, Worthy, Bird, Dream, MJ, Shaq, Bron, KG, Durant, Duncan

All your NBA history right there in that list. Top 5 over 50 years produced that list, 250 names.

The Kobe's, Dirk's, etc can't match those names, or titles, and they are 5,000 names.

Come on.

monroe and kelly as our starting bigmen would mean blake griffin averaging 50 ppg when he plays us 
laugh.gif

@CP1708  

Since wins which are inevitably going to happen bother you so much, what would you like to see the Lakers as an organization do in a practical sense? 

and how would we draft exum with a 8-12th pick?

I think well finish with 27 or 28 wins and finish in the top 5. Thats my hunch. Im fine with that. I have no more emotional investment towards every single gm as I know as a realist this season is cooked. But with every W (8 or 9 left in the next 31), I dont celebrate, but I do crack a smile...with every L....its "oh, shucks....another step to exum".....again, I watch gms like essesntial and LTB.

[thread="570758"]Quote:[/thread]
These wins affect the next decade. DECADE.

Decade, man.

Long time ago the Blazers thought they were smart, "we have Drexler, we don't need this Jordan kid."

How that work out????

Then it happened AGAIN. "We have Brandon Roy, we don't need this Durant kid."

How that work out????

We are RIGHT THERE, for a top 3 pick. A million injuries, we aren't even really tanking, tanking is sitting Kobe out the 4th quarter up 2. We're just injured. Everyone, injured. just let the losses flow.

We could be passing on a chance to get Durant, or Wade, to get Eddie Jones.

Decade, man.

These wins can alter a decade.

Yes, I am angered by that. Because I want my Lakers back in the hunt. I don't care about decent picks and making the playoffs, I care about titles.

Top 3-4 picks get titles much more often than top 5-10 picks. History shows this.
from 2011-2013 the following players have been drafted 6 overall or after

paul george
michael carter william
giannis antetokounmpo
andre drummond
damien lillard
harrison barnes
trey burke
nerlens noel
chandler parson
kemba walker
kawhi leonard
klay thompson
jimmy butler
kenith faried
isaiah thomas

You were concerned about ring counts, but gave these names to me??????????

You have another approach you'd like to try?

man im not arguing theres superstar talent in the top 5 im just not ok with rooting for a team to lose games

after our second losing season in two decades thats that inner loser mentality ....get a good young talented head coach

like shaka smart draft well and get young talent....los angeles is a big market that can attract key free agents but right now

we're looking more and more like the knicks brah

Last edited:
"Yes, a top 3 pick doesn't guarantee anything, but the probabilities are higher."

Allure, mystique, big market, celebs, weather, hot latina chicks and above average lookin WGs/hot newport WGs....whatever it is....I fully, fully believe we'll be relevant sooner than ppl think. Much sooner.

the knicks have been trash because they dont draft good players

the last time they were contenders their best player was this guy they drafted first overall in 1985 named patrick ewing

I'd really like to know, from the people who get so furious after a win that is bound to happen, if you guys were running the Lakers right now, what would you guys do, specifically this season. 

man im not arguing theres superstar talent in the top 5 im just not ok with rooting for a team to lose games
after our second losing season in two decades thats that inner loser mentality ....get a good young talented head coach
like shaka smart draft well and get young talent....los angeles is a big market that can attract key free agents but right now
we're looking more and more like the knicks man and its

I know you mean well, but I'm askin you to draw me a picture that explains how stupid meaningless 20 games under .500 type wins against teams we are fighting for a top 3-5 pick benefit us when they pull Jabari, Wiggins, Embiid, Smart, Exum and Randle, and we come up with the leftovers?

Honestly, why does that win vs the Cavs matter, big picture for us?

We cherish it like game 7 2010?
Or game 4 2002?
Or .4?
87 Skyhook?

No, right?

Chris Kaman to the Pelicans for Jason Smith (out for the season) 2016 Sacramento 2nd Round Pick
Pau Gasol to the Suns for Emeka Okafor, 2014 Pacers Pick (if adding Wes or Xavier gets us a better pick, add them), if you can't get a better first add in 2014 2nd Round Pick
Steve Blake to the Wizards for Eric Maynor, Al Harrington & the Pelicans 2014 2nd Round Pick

That's what I got so far.

Maybe Hill & Wes maybe sneaks us into late first next year.

Very true. We draft Andy Bynum, they draft renaldo balkman. Big diff. I really trust mitch......now, if we sittin at 8 and takes dario saric to accomodate pringles...........

I'd really like to know, from the people who get so furious after a win that is bound to happen, if you guys were running the Lakers right now, what would you guys do, specifically this season. 

Alter rotations.

Marshall
Wes
Williams
Kelly
Sacre

4th quarter, on the road. :pimp:

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom